Calif Bill

Default Unlike the political whores, I went boating this weekend.

Took the boat up to Lake Oroville, Calif. Ramp is about as steep as the
boating mishap ramp, except is about 1000' longer. Lake is down about 60'
so can not get all the way up to Feather Falls, but still 4-500' of water in
the lake. Did a little fishing, watched a great 4th fireworks show on the
lake. All the houseboats line the dam area, for the fireworks, eliciting
the comment from a nearby spectator "Holy ****! look at all those lights.
Looks like Las Vegas". Weather was warm, in the high 90's and stayed hot
until about 1 am. Did a little fishing, caught a few bass, and couple of
silver salmon. Boat has had a small leak that I have not been able to find.
Well, pulling the boat on the 5th, the leak showed itself. Small 1/8" size
corrosion hole in the lower part of the anchor locker. Epoxied for Tuesday
boating. Will have to see if more corrosion, was round like, a small piece
of copper wire, or something fell in the locker. 0.190" thick aluminum.
All in all a great weekend, with my wife, a queen among wives. The Feather
river was giving up some spring run king salmon, but too hot to fish for
them. Spent a lot of time swiming.
Bill

basskisser

"Calif Bill" wrote in message news:GY5Hc.9221
snipped the drivel

I take it that you put yourself in the same light as those you call
"political whores"? You post and respond as much as anybody.
Calif Bill

"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
"Calif Bill" wrote in message

snipped the drivel

I take it that you put yourself in the same light as those you call
"political whores"? You post and respond as much as anybody.

Nope. Rarely, if ever, start a political thread.

W.T. Hatch

On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 19:34:44 GMT, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

"basskisser" wrote in message
. com...
"Calif Bill" wrote in message

snipped the drivel

I take it that you put yourself in the same light as those you call
"political whores"? You post and respond as much as anybody.

Nope. Rarely, if ever, start a political thread.

Sir:

Do you believe that _continuing_ an acrimonious "political" thread is somehow
different from _starting_ one?

Over the past 30 days, here's your tally: out of 127 posts, 98 are participating
in some sort of "political" squabble.

Most sincerely,
W.T. Hatch
Harry Krause

wrote:

"basskisser" wrote in message
.com...
"Calif Bill" wrote in message

snipped the drivel

I take it that you put yourself in the same light as those you call
"political whores"? You post and respond as much as anybody.

Nope. Rarely, if ever, start a political thread.

Sir:

Do you believe that _continuing_ an acrimonious "political" thread is somehow
different from _starting_ one?

Over the past 30 days, here's your tally: out of 127 posts, 98 are participating
in some sort of "political" squabble.

Most sincerely,
W.T. Hatch

Binary Bill, if you hadn't noticed, is oozing into senility.

W.T. Hatch

wrote:

"basskisser" wrote in message
e.com...
"Calif Bill" wrote in message
snipped the drivel

I take it that you put yourself in the same light as those you call
"political whores"? You post and respond as much as anybody.

Nope. Rarely, if ever, start a political thread.

Sir:

Do you believe that _continuing_ an acrimonious "political" thread is somehow
different from _starting_ one?

Over the past 30 days, here's your tally: out of 127 posts, 98 are participating
in some sort of "political" squabble.

Most sincerely,
W.T. Hatch

Binary Bill, if you hadn't noticed, is oozing into senility.

Sir:

Apart from your oft-observed habit of gratuitous insult, you have little way of
knowing whether that individual is _compos mentis_ or not.

For that matter, those who claim to "know" to a certainty about the credentials
of your wife, or of the boats you own or do not own, behave in a fashion equally
puerile to yours.

Most sincerely,
W.T. Hatch

Harry Krause

wrote:

"basskisser" wrote in message
le.com...
"Calif Bill" wrote in message
snipped the drivel

I take it that you put yourself in the same light as those you call
"political whores"? You post and respond as much as anybody.

Nope. Rarely, if ever, start a political thread.

Sir:

Do you believe that _continuing_ an acrimonious "political" thread is somehow
different from _starting_ one?

Over the past 30 days, here's your tally: out of 127 posts, 98 are participating
in some sort of "political" squabble.

Most sincerely,
W.T. Hatch

Binary Bill, if you hadn't noticed, is oozing into senility.

Sir:

Apart from your oft-observed habit of gratuitous insult, you have little way of
knowing whether that individual is _compos mentis_ or not.

You haven't been reading Binary Bill's posts closely - not for their
content - but for their inconsistent sputtering.

For that matter, those who claim to "know" to a certainty about the credentials
of your wife, or of the boats you own or do not own, behave in a fashion equally
puerile to yours.

Naw. I write better.

Most sincerely,
W.T. Hatch

W.T. Hatch

wrote:

"basskisser" wrote in message
gle.com...
"Calif Bill" wrote in message
[...]

So you have asserted, on more than one occasion. But I seem to recall someone
observing here that those who _do_ possess (and use) superior writing skills do
not make claims about those same skills, as you do.

On the one hand, however, there is something oddly fascinating about the way a
certain element here seems obsessed with details of your personal life and
possessions--and your willingness to keep them engaged at the cost of the
newsgroup.

On the other hand, I suspect you are unable (or unwilling) to distinguish
between writing that is grammatically and syntactically correct and that which
conveys a worthwhile message. If your definition of "good" writing is the
former, I think a reasonable person would be hard put to find much fault with
yours. If the latter--well, that is another matter altogether.

Most sincerely,
W.T. Hatch

Most sincerely,
W.T. Hatch

Harry Krause

W.T. Hatch wrote:

For that matter, those who claim to "know" to a certainty about the credentials
of your wife, or of the boats you own or do not own, behave in a fashion equally
puerile to yours.

Naw. I write better.

So you have asserted, on more than one occasion. But I seem to recall someone
observing here that those who _do_ possess (and use) superior writing skills do
not make claims about those same skills, as you do.

So? What's your point? That one of the pack of right-wing buttwipers
here took a swipe at me? What else is new?

On the one hand, however, there is something oddly fascinating about the way a
certain element here seems obsessed with details of your personal life and
possessions--and your willingness to keep them engaged at the cost of the
newsgroup.

It's amazing, isn't it? As for keeping them engaged, I really don't give
a crap what they think, say, or do. Even if they think I do.

On the other hand, I suspect you are unable (or unwilling) to distinguish
between writing that is grammatically and syntactically correct and that which
conveys a worthwhile message.

Sorry, but I think spelling, grammar and syntax are important when one
is trying to express an idea. In the world of words, and that is, after
all, what usenet is, eh, the quality of your writing speaks to the
quality of your thinking. Way back when, in the Dark Ages, when I was in
college, my better professors also said, one way or another, "prove"
what you know or what have learned by writing a paper on this, that, or
the other. And spelling and grammar counted.

If your definition of "good" writing is the
former, I think a reasonable person would be hard put to find much fault with
yours. If the latter--well, that is another matter altogether.

Good writing is good writing. If you want to write like this....

my father moved through dooms of love
through sames of am through haves of give,
singing each morning out of each night
my father moved through depths of height

....then you better be as talented as e.e. cummings.

basskisser

"Calif Bill" wrote in message

snipped the drivel

I take it that you put yourself in the same light as those you call
"political whores"? You post and respond as much as anybody.

Nope. Rarely, if ever, start a political thread.

Ah, so, using your senile analogy, if you don't start a thread, then
your not a political poster?