SASIINC

Default Can someone help me find the boating website instead of this political site

I stumbled on this political website by mistake. I am actually looking for the
Rec.Boats website. Can anyone please direct me to it?
Doug Kanter

Let's say you notice a subject header like this: "Which anchor style for
this kind of bottom?"

Now, let's say you have no interest in that message? How will you handle
that situation?

"SASIINC" wrote in message
I stumbled on this political website by mistake. I am actually looking for

the
Rec.Boats website. Can anyone please direct me to it?

SASIINC

Unfortunatly, I think this should be kept as a boating website, not a place to
debate political issues! I'm sure that political sites out there abound. This
is how I would handle it : boating stays with boating !!!!! political stays
with political !!!!! S o u l d I b e m o r e e x p l i c i t e ?
Doug Kanter

Yes. Be more explicit about what you'll do when you see boating messages
which do not interest you. Can you master the difficult art of not looking?

If you're driving down a busy commercial strip looking for a hardware store
and see a dozen tanning parlors, none of which interest you, do you pull
into their parking lots and tell them they don't belong there? Or, do you
simply Not Look? :-)

"SASIINC" wrote in message
Unfortunatly, I think this should be kept as a boating website, not a

place to
debate political issues! I'm sure that political sites out there abound.

This
is how I would handle it : boating stays with boating !!!!! political

stays
with political !!!!! S o u l d I b e m o r e e x p l i c i t e ?

Don White

SASIINC wrote in message
I stumbled on this political website by mistake. I am actually looking for

the
Rec.Boats website. Can anyone please direct me to it?

It's been kidnapped by a motley crew from Texas & Florida.
Have no fear...saner heads will prevail and the world will be right again in
November.

John H

On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 19:52:15 GMT, "Don White"
wrote:

SASIINC wrote in message
I stumbled on this political website by mistake. I am actually looking for

the
Rec.Boats website. Can anyone please direct me to it?

It's been kidnapped by a motley crew from Texas & Florida.
Have no fear...saner heads will prevail and the world will be right again in
November.

You could at least give Virginia, Maryland (especially!), and New York
some credit. Also, b'asskisser probably lives somewhere.

Come on March 15th!

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
LaBomba182

Subject: Can someone help me find the boating website instead of this
political site
From: "Doug Kanter"

Let's say you notice a subject header like this: "Which anchor style for
this kind of bottom?"

Now, let's say you have no interest in that message? How will you handle
that situation?

Why, he would read it. Just like all the other OT whinners in this group.

And by the way , sasiinc, this is a newsgroup not a "website".

Capt. Bill
DSK

Doug Kanter wrote:
Yes. Be more explicit about what you'll do when you see boating messages
which do not interest you. Can you master the difficult art of not looking?

If you're driving down a busy commercial strip looking for a hardware store
and see a dozen tanning parlors, none of which interest you, do you pull
into their parking lots and tell them they don't belong there? Or, do you
simply Not Look? :-)

This guy gives me a great idea... since I own a trawler and three
sailboats, and am not in the slightest bit interested in catching fish,
I think I'll butt into every single fishing conversation on this
newsgroup. I'll tell everyone what they can post and what they can't.
When that's all straightened out, I'll start telling them what to think.

I could be more popular than ol' George Bush Jr. himself!

But it would be a lot of work. Maybe I won't after all.

DSK

John Smith

Capt. Bill, you are one of the regulars who make great contributions to
technical questions concerning marine engines. It looks like you occasional
will get into the political topics, but that is not the main reason you
come. It appears that you come here is to discuss boats. What I have
never understood is why you view the newbies who come into the group and
complain about the signal to noise ratio, as being an OT whiner.

The OT threads have gotten out of hand, and they will probably never stop
but can't you understand when someone comes to rec.boats, they are amazed
that 80% of the posts are concerning politics? Even the people who crudely
express their concerns, don't come close to the mud that is slung in the
majority of the OT discussions?

I am not trying to get into an argument with you, I just can't figure out
why you find the "OT whiners" so outrageous?

political site
From: "Doug Kanter"

Let's say you notice a subject header like this: "Which anchor style for
this kind of bottom?"

Now, let's say you have no interest in that message? How will you handle
that situation?

Why, he would read it. Just like all the other OT whinners in this group.

And by the way , sasiinc, this is a newsgroup not a "website".

Capt. Bill

Check out this new boating website, listings are free dquina General 0 February 15th 04 02:08 AM
Found it! Political test website Butch Ammon General 38 January 11th 04 01:46 AM
New DIY Boating Website Bob General 0 October 30th 03 01:14 PM
Unlike the political posters, I went boating. Calif Bill General 5 August 4th 03 07:07 PM