basskisser

Default Can Tow from Florida to Northeast for $$

(Steven Shelikoff) wrote in message ...
On 14 Aug 2003 04:06:07 -0700,
(basskisser) wrote:

(Steven Shelikoff) wrote in message ...
On 13 Aug 2003 03:41:51 -0700,
(basskisser) wrote:

(Steven Shelikoff) wrote in message
More proof that asskisser has no idea how to follow a thread. He
doesn't even know what HE writes, so why expect him to follow what other
people have said.

Steve, name calling is SO school girlish. Is that all you can do?

Proving you wrong all the time takes so little effort that it's no
wonder you don't even think much of it.

And what's really funny is that YOU start name calling and when someone
responds with the same, you cry about it like a little baby.

Steve

Bwaaaahaaa!!!! You dumby, I got that little gem from YOU, you told ME
that!!! How funny! So, I guess seeing how you were the one who first
said "name calling is so school girlish", that in your eyes, YOU cry
like a baby, correct?

Laugh all you want. The fact is you've just proven again that you're
too stupid to follow a thread and don't even remember what YOU wrote,
since you were the first one to call someone a school girl in the motor
oil thread in the post:

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...g .google.com

Sorry, but you are a lying piece of ****, again, trying to make
yourself come out as the all mighty...you are wrong, or lying, which
is it? YOU were the first to call ME a school girl. Believe it?

Try to find an earlier post than the above where I called you a little
schoolgirl. Until then, all your name calling and bluster just makes
you look even more stupid than you alread do, which is a near impossible
feat, but you're accomplishing it very well.

And the really funny thing is that you first called someone a little
schoolgirl for name calling in the same post that you name called, just
like a little school girl. You really are the epitome of idiocy.

What an ignoramous!! You really are full of yourself aren't you? Now,
again, WHERE did you learn all of your Karate knowledge? Oh,
websites....I get it, that makes you MUCH more knowledgeble on the
subject than someone who has actually trained, and studied under some
very good black belts, read all of Parker's books, and most of Lee
Wedlake's books. I've even attended two of Wedlake's seminars. Wish
you could see that "calmness" of his you keep talking about, when he
is defending against attack!!!!

You have apparently learned your lessons about as well as you've learned
about engines, about how to use a newsreader, and about understanding
simple english.

Steve

I've learned my lessons quite well thank you. I've asked before, and
I'll ask again. Where did you learn YOUR lessons? Dojo? Belt rank?
Lineage?

Ever met Lee Wedlake? I have. If you haven't, then how could you
possibly say that I'm wrong about his "calmness"? Oh, I know, just
because YOU think you know everything!!!! Idiot.
basskisser

"Bill Cole" wrote in message news:ZbS_a.145688$Ho3.17502@sccrnsc03...
nah, I really don't know much, but while many people have disagreed with
Steve politically he is intelligent guy. The fact that you think he is
"dumb as a post" says more about your intelligence than you arguing that a
engine should not burn or consume any oil.

Bill, I've asked SEVERAL times for his credentials in Karate, among
other things that he thinks he's an expert in. NOTHING!~
Steven Shelikoff

(basskisser) wrote:

[...]

There you go again, trying to deflect the issue of your stupidity with
personal questions to me. I'll tell you this much, there's no way I'm
going to tell you, someone who's a proven internet stalker with a
penchant for violence, any more details about me than you already have
available.

Ever met Lee Wedlake? I have. If you haven't, then how could you
possibly say that I'm wrong about his "calmness"? Oh, I know, just
because YOU think you know everything!!!! Idiot.

At least that's better than you. It's plainly obvious to anyone who's
read anything you've posted that you know nothing about everything.
Just about evey claimed fact you've ever posted has been wrong. Would
you like a quick list of all the things you've been wrong about? I'd be
glad to provide it. You have quite a track record going there. Keep it
up and you might just break a record.

Steve
Steven Shelikoff

On 15 Aug 2003 11:49:42 -0700, (basskisser) wrote:

(Steven Shelikoff) wrote in message
Ever met Lee Wedlake? I have. If you haven't, then how could you
possibly say that I'm wrong about his "calmness"? Oh, I know, just
because YOU think you know everything!!!! Idiot.

At least that's better than you. It's plainly obvious to anyone who's
read anything you've posted that you know nothing about everything.
Just about evey claimed fact you've ever posted has been wrong. Would
you like a quick list of all the things you've been wrong about? I'd be
glad to provide it. You have quite a track record going there. Keep it
up and you might just break a record.

You are trying to pass off to this newsgroup that you know Karate. As

No, I'm not. Not at all. But I've succeeded in proving that you don't
know much about karate.

a matter of fact, you are trying to pass off that you know more about
the subject than I do. Now, let's try again. Where do you train? What

That's all to easy to do since you've already shown you don't know much
about it.

ranking do you hold? What is the lineage of your dojo? Do you take AKA
sparring classes, or just Kenpo Karate? Weapons training? You have the
track record. Look at any subject that you post to. You will always
find that you think you know more about any subject than anybody else.

The simple reason for that is that I usually only make posts on topics I
know something about. Take the oil thread for instance. It's obvious
to anyone with half a brain that engines normally burn some oil when
running. That's what I posted, because it was so obvious. Then you
come along and show everyone that you don't have half a brain by making
the stupid statement that engines should normally burn NO oil. You
asked for proof that engines burn oil normally and proof was provided
from multiple sources that know much more about engines than either of
us. For you to ignore the proof shows just how impossible it is for you
to learn something. Now you can't even answer a simple on-toipic
question that's been asked many times. That is, do you think that none
of the oil that gets into the intake via the PCV valve or crankcase
breather gets burned.

The same impossibility for you to learn obviously applies to karate also
since you don't practice the basic principles, either because you've
never been taught them or have never learned your lessons. I tend to
believe it's the latter.

Karate is just one, so hey, here is your chance to prove your
knowledge of the subject.

I've already proven that YOU don't know squate' about it. That's enough
for me. I don't have to stroke my ego all the time like you apparently
do. But in your case, it's not your ego that you're stroking.

Steve

basskisser

(Steven Shelikoff) wrote in message
You are trying to pass off to this newsgroup that you know Karate. As

No, I'm not. Not at all. But I've succeeded in proving that you don't
know much about karate.

No, you haven't. I've trained, and trained hard. My dojo has just this
week asked me to be an assistant to the instructors. It really helps
the learning curve. I guess the black belts must think differently
about it than you, but I'm sure that your comeback will be something
to the effect that you know more about Karate than the BB's do.

a matter of fact, you are trying to pass off that you know more about
the subject than I do. Now, let's try again. Where do you train? What

That's all to easy to do since you've already shown you don't know much
about it.

Again, I rely on what the BB's know. They are the one's training me.
I'm surey ou know more about that than they, right?

ranking do you hold? What is the lineage of your dojo? Do you take AKA
sparring classes, or just Kenpo Karate? Weapons training? You have the
track record. Look at any subject that you post to. You will always
find that you think you know more about any subject than anybody else.

The simple reason for that is that I usually only make posts on topics I
know something about.

Tell me what you know about Karate. Where did you get this vast
knowledge of Kenpo Karate?

Take the oil thread for instance. It's obvious
to anyone with half a brain that engines normally burn some oil when
running. That's what I posted, because it was so obvious. Then you
come along and show everyone that you don't have half a brain by making
the stupid statement that engines should normally burn NO oil. You
asked for proof that engines burn oil normally and proof was provided
from multiple sources that know much more about engines than either of
us. For you to ignore the proof shows just how impossible it is for you
to learn something. Now you can't even answer a simple on-toipic
question that's been asked many times. That is, do you think that none
of the oil that gets into the intake via the PCV valve or crankcase
breather gets burned.

I've provided proof to the contrary, but you are too closed minded to
comprehend it.

The same impossibility for you to learn obviously applies to karate also
since you don't practice the basic principles, either because you've
never been taught them or have never learned your lessons. I tend to
believe it's the latter.

You are wrong, period. You don't know anything about Karate, other
than what you've gleened off of your chosen websites. Nice try.

Karate is just one, so hey, here is your chance to prove your
knowledge of the subject.

I've already proven that YOU don't know squate' about it. That's enough
for me. I don't have to stroke my ego all the time like you apparently
do. But in your case, it's not your ego that you're stroking.

Steve

What are you insinuating NOW? Man, you are sick. You instantly go off
on another tangent to save face. Now, just what training HAVE you had
in Karate? Are you going to answer that or not?
Steven Shelikoff

On 18 Aug 2003 04:15:07 -0700, (basskisser) wrote:

(Steven Shelikoff) wrote in message
You are trying to pass off to this newsgroup that you know Karate. As

No, I'm not. Not at all. But I've succeeded in proving that you don't
know much about karate.

No, you haven't. I've trained, and trained hard. My dojo has just this
week asked me to be an assistant to the instructors. It really helps
the learning curve. I guess the black belts must think differently
about it than you, but I'm sure that your comeback will be something
to the effect that you know more about Karate than the BB's do.

No. But as evidenced by your actions and claims on this newsgroup, I
obviously know more about it than you do though.

a matter of fact, you are trying to pass off that you know more about
the subject than I do. Now, let's try again. Where do you train? What

That's all to easy to do since you've already shown you don't know much
about it.

Again, I rely on what the BB's know. They are the one's training me.
I'm surey ou know more about that than they, right?

Nope. Just more than you. Then again, I'll admit that's not such a
great accomplishment.

ranking do you hold? What is the lineage of your dojo? Do you take AKA
sparring classes, or just Kenpo Karate? Weapons training? You have the
track record. Look at any subject that you post to. You will always
find that you think you know more about any subject than anybody else.

The simple reason for that is that I usually only make posts on topics I
know something about.

Tell me what you know about Karate. Where did you get this vast
knowledge of Kenpo Karate?

I alread did tell you some of what I know about Karate. And in your
infinite stupidity, you tried to refute the few simple statements I made
which turned out to only make you look like a fool. As if you needed
any more help in that area.

[...]

You have NOT provided any proof that none of the oil that gets into the
intake via the PCV valve or crankcase breather gets burned. And you're
a lying idiot to say you have. You can't even SAY that you don't think
any oil from the PCV valve gets burned. That alone should what you
think of your "proof".

The same impossibility for you to learn obviously applies to karate also
since you don't practice the basic principles, either because you've
never been taught them or have never learned your lessons. I tend to
believe it's the latter.

You are wrong, period. You don't know anything about Karate, other
than what you've gleened off of your chosen websites. Nice try.

Which, even if it were true, is evidently more than you know.

Karate is just one, so hey, here is your chance to prove your
knowledge of the subject.

I've already proven that YOU don't know squate' about it. That's enough
for me. I don't have to stroke my ego all the time like you apparently
do. But in your case, it's not your ego that you're stroking.

What are you insinuating NOW? Man, you are sick. You instantly go off
on another tangent to save face. Now, just what training HAVE you had
in Karate? Are you going to answer that or not?

Man, you are thick! I've already told you several times that I'm NOT
going to provide a proven internet stalker like you with any more
personal information about me than you already have. That being said,
are YOU going to answer my question. That is, do you think that none of
the oil that gets into the intake via the PCV valve or crankcase
breather gets burned. Just a simple yes or no will suffice. And if you
won't answer it with a yes or no, at least say why.

Steve
basskisser

(Steven Shelikoff) wrote in message
There you go again. Were you too stupid to understand me the first,
second and third time I told you I wasn't going to give a stalker like
you any info? You really need to work on remedial english, or ESL.

Steve

I know, it's because you really don't know a damned thing about
Karate, only what you've learned from some fluff websites wanting you
to sign up. Here are quotes, many from the master and father of AKK,
Ed Parker. I know that you will say you know more about the subject
than he, even though he brought the art form to the U.S.:

Here are some quotes of very good, very famous Karate practitioners.
See if these have anything to do with "calmness".

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position" -Ed Parker
(father of AKK)

"Karate is a defensive art from beginning to end" - Gichin Funakoshi

"Even though surrounded By several enemies set to attack, Fight with
the thought That they are but one." - Ueshiba

"It should be easy to spot a black belt in a crowd, s/he should walk
like a Marine on roller skates" - Fredrick Lovret

When in trouble or in doubt, Cut down all who move about. - Frederick
J. Lovret

"When in doubt, knock 'em out" - "Big" Vinny Girolamo

"When pure knuckles meet pure flesh, that's pure Karate, no matter who
executes it or whatever style is involved." -- Ed Parker

"When two tigers fight, one is certain to be maimed, and one to die."
-- Master Funakoshi

"The Time to Strike is When the Opportunity Presents Itself." -- 6th
Code of Isshinryu Karatedo (think about this one, Steve!)

This one is particularly rich, it basically says, Steve, that you
can't just jump on some websites, read what they say, and then think
you have all of the knowledge:

"Knowledge does not grow like a tree where you dig a hole, plant your
feet, cover them with dirt, and pour water on them daily. Knowledge
grows with time, work, and dedicated effort. It cannot come by any
other means."
Ed Parker, Grandmaster, American Kenpo

"When we apply our Karate well, nothing is waste and nothing is
withheld."
George E Anderson, Pres of USAKF

And finally, from "Further Insights in Kenpo" again, by Ed Parker, the
founder of American Kenpo Karate, which traces it's roots thousands of
years back to India, even before migrating to China, Japan, and
Okinawa.:

Kenpo means The Law of the Fist.
Karate means "Empty Hand".

Further, from the book:
"Mental conditioning is a vital part of kenpo training. Techniques for
concentration, and alertness (Steve, notice NO "calmness"?) help the
karateist to develop his visual and auditory range to an EXTRAORDINARY
power of sensitivity, so that he perceives the approach of danger
BEFORE it strikes."

And finally, Steve, you've stated that you know Karate, and I don't
because YOU think that it requires calmness, I disagree. Here again,
is Ed Parker's words. Now I know that you will think you know more
than HE does, even though he is the father of american kenpo karate!!:

Body Momentum and Gravitational Marriage

When you shuffle your body forward and do an elbow strike, you're
using body momentum. As your body shuffles forward, it adds power to
the strike.
"On the other hand," Parker clarifies, "if your opponent is leaning
over and you drop your body weight down while you strike, that's the
principle of gravitational marriage. You take advantage of gravity,
and it's that marriage of my action with gravity that enhances the
power of my action. You're marrying the movement with gravity."
But body momentum is different. "It involves having mass move in a
direction with your weapon so it has added power, " says Parker. "If I
shuffle and execute a move, I'm gaining body momentum on a horizontal
plane. When I drop and let gravitational marriage come into play, I'm
utilizing body momentum on a vertical plane. Or, I could use body
momentum diagonally.
Reassuring his students that they too can learn the more refined
concepts of momentum, Parker uses an analogy that describes how
Eskimos perceive snow. There are about 18 different types of snow to
an Eskimo, Parker notes, but to many people closer to the equator,
there is only one type. The point? The Eskimos' concept is more
refined and is therefore more useful. And that's how a student of
American kenpo should view momentum. "The more you can break kenpo
down into its component parts, the better you understand it," Parker
explains. "My whole idea of training is to help individuals work at
their maximum, regardless of their limitations."
Although such principles as body momentum and gravitational marriage
seem trivial to some non-kenpoists, they play major roles in Parker's
fighting system. For instance, when you contrast a Japanese-style
reverse punch with the one done in American kenpo, the two principles'
role becomes clear.
"When you lunge and move toward your opponent during a Japanese-style
reverse punch, you only use a portion of your weight," Parker
explains. "But when you push the bottom of your foot so your whole
body goes in with the hit, your power and momentum are proportionally
increased."
The analogy of an aircraft carrier catapult nicely illustrates the
effectiveness of body momentum, and Parker frequently draws upon the
comparison during his worldwide seminars. Essentially, a jet on an
aircraft carrier needs a catapult and its own engine to ensure a safe
takeoff. The catapult and the engine are useless by themselves. They
must work together.
So when you do a Japanese-style lunging punch, Parker argues, it's
just like a jet trying to get off the deck of an aircraft carrier on
its own power. But, when the lower half of your body (the catapult)
shuffles and works in perfect harmony with your fist - the jet engine
- you then utilize body momentum in it's higher form.
For kicks, the principle works a little differently, because you need
a solid base. There is, however, American kenpo's pull-drag shuffle.
Parker explains how it works: "With some kicks you pull your leg in,
thereby creating some body momentum. But that really calls for perfect
balance and timing, so when you execute it, you do so with maximum
force."

Focus

The principle of focus is tossed to and fro in the martial arts. And
every time it lands, it picks up a new meaning. Yet, though focus is
seen differently in American kenpo than in any other fighting system,
the kenpo perspective is extremely sound.
Says Parker: "A lot of martial artists say that focus is a
concentration of force that's conveyed to the outer extremity of the
weapon as it meets the target. "But that concept of focus is totally
wrong in my estimation. Are you saying, then, if you argue for this
concept, that a ten-ton truck on its way down to hit a stone wall will
come down and generate all of its energy, so all of that energy will
concentrate in the front bumper? When that truck hits the wall, the
entire truck is in focus with the target."
Therefore, Parker says that focus consists of the entire body, plus
the weapon, being in focus with the target. It has nothing to do with
relaying force to one portion of the body.
While teaching, Parker is often asked why his students can hit so
hard. The answer? His version of focus. "When I hit, my whole body is
in focus at the time of contact," he says. "I don't halt my body and
let everything go to my weapon. If you do that, you lose your
momentum. You've brought it to a halt, and in the case of a punch,
you've brought it straight to the arm. Now, such a halting technique
might clothe job, but the person using it would only be working at a
small percentage of what he's capable of."

Speed

A crucial principle of American kenpo, speed has three phases: 1)
perceptual speed, 2) mental speed, and 3) phys- ical speed. For many
martial artists, speed is simply quickness. For his kenpo system,
however, Parker has greatly expanded the concept.
"Although I categorize speed three different ways, they all function
as one," he says. "What precisely is perceptual speed? It's the
quickness of the senses to monitor the stimuli they receive. This
category is really what makes you fast or slow. Perceptual speed helps
you determine the stimuli's meaning and swiftly conveys the perceived
informa- tion to the brain, so mental speed can parlay the response.
Perceptual speed must be developed first; then the other two types can
follow."
Developing perceptual speed is difficult, but it can be done. The
secret, says Parker, is alertness training. You must develop your
senses to harmonize with the environmental. Parker has designed
special kenpo training methods to aid this development. To those well
versed in American kenpo, a sound, a feeling, or a sense of trouble
can set perceptual speed into motion.
"Mental speed is quickness of the mind," Parker explains. "When
developed, you select appropriate movements and effectively deal with
perceived stimuli. However, mental speed can only be increased by
regularly practicing the various aspects of kenpo techniques. This
involves learning the techniques to the point where you're totally
familiar with them.
"Physical speed is slightly different," Parker says, because it's "a
promptness of physical movement. In kenpo, it's the speed of the
actual execution of the technique." Physical speed can be improved by
stretching, body conditioning and other training methods

All in all, you see, Steve, you don't know anything more than you've
cut from various websites full of fluff.
Steven Shelikoff

On 19 Aug 2003 05:24:03 -0700, (basskisser) wrote:

(Steven Shelikoff) wrote in message
There you go again. Were you too stupid to understand me the first,
second and third time I told you I wasn't going to give a stalker like
you any info? You really need to work on remedial english, or ESL.

Steve

I know, it's because you really don't know a damned thing about
Karate, only what you've learned from some fluff websites wanting you
to sign up. Here are quotes, many from the master and father of AKK,
Ed Parker. I know that you will say you know more about the subject
than he, even though he brought the art form to the U.S.:

[...]

All in all, you see, Steve, you don't know anything more than you've
cut from various websites full of fluff.

I've read them all and not a single one disagrees with anything I've
said. So obviously, I'm not going to say I know more than any of the
people you quoted.

Not a single one explicitly says that calmness is NOT a factor in
Karate, so you have still not proven yourself correct when you claim
it's not.

Not a single one explicitly says that there is no etiquette in Karate,
so you have still not proven yourself correct when you claim it's not.

Not a single one says that it's ok to physically attack someone who is
posing no threat to you just because you got frustrated. So when you
threaten to do that, you obviously show that you either don't follow the
principles of karate or just don't know what they are.

Keep trying! But try not to get to frustrated. I wouldn't want you to
take it out on anyone close to you.

Steve