P.Fritz

Default OT-- Atlanta

"jim--" wrote in message

I'm piggybacking since I plonked asslicker far too long ago, but I can't
pass theis one up.

"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
DSK wrote in message

****tard wrote:
NO ONE outside Atlanta is calling it a "world class" anything,

except
maybe a world class ********.

Oh c'mon, Atlanta has world-class traffic jams. And in winter time,

they
have a world-class number of expat Yankees crashing their cars.

Personally I consider the Varsity world-class even though they don't
have real BBQ.

DSK

Guess you don't know a lot about Atlanta then.

Only five years of living there?

Been to a play on Peachtree?

At the very average Alliance or truck and bus shows at the
Fox?.......neither rate as 'world class'

Been to the Stouffer Resort on Lake Lanier?

Cripes, there are still those around?.....and on that pond? Anybody that
thinks Lake Lanier is 'world class' must not get out much

Been to any of the world-class restaurants (NOT the Varsity!)

snicker world class???? you must not get out much

Seen the lazer show at Stone Mountain?

snore you should check out the light show at the Temple of Philae, or
maybe Chitchen Itza......but Stone Mountain? snicker

Been to any of several of Georgia Tech's engineering labs?

Many..as well as many 'non engineering labs'....doesn't make it a 'world
class' city.

Been to Hartsfield Airport (the world's busiest)?

I had a hand it designing parts of it when it was first built. Hardly a
'world class' airport. Yet another sign you don't get around much

Toured the State Capital, with it's dome from Dahlonega gold (where
the FIRST gold rush in the U.S. took place)?

Much like most state capitol buildings......no 'world class' there

Watched the sunrise on the city from atop Stone Mountain?

Compared to the sunset at Golden Gate Park, or on Santorini, or the sunrise
at Machu Pichu or Giza......Stone Mountain doesn't even rank.

Seen any of many musical groups and musicians that come to Atlanta for
a chance to record at some of the best studios in the U.S.?

Best? snicker

Been to Olympic Park, where kids play in the fountains?

yawn Try the Trevi in Rome, or maybe in the Scott in Detroit......Olympic
Park doesn't come close to registering as 'world class'

Did you go to any Olympic events when we hosted the Olympics?

A one time event doesn't make a city world class.

Been to the fabulous Turner Field to watch the Braves?

Another boring baseball stadium. (that wasn't even designed as a baseball
stadium) Now maybe if was Wrigley or Yankee stadium, you might have
something.

(guess I won't mention the Falcons right now!!)
Walked around Sweet Auburn, and/or other historical areas?

Compared to Chicago, NYC, Baltimore or Philly? you have got to be
kidding......

Really studied the great history of the area?

Like getting burned down. Face it....Atlanta has little history compared
to much of the rest of the country. The only reason it is there is that the
railroad ended there.

I could go on....

No doubt you will, it will justl add to your total lack of credibility.

Add 'inferiority complex' to the list of other mental problems you have
asskisser.

Too funny.

P.Fritz

Default OT-- Is GWB really a moron or does he just play one on TV?

"NOYB" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"P.Fritz" wrote in message

"NOYB" wrote in message
link.net...

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
...now referred to as "fluency" by speech pathologists...

Are you f-ing kidding me? So a "stuttering oriental" is now a

"fluent
asian"?

More PC bull****.

OK. So, it would be OK with you if a pediatrician said to you,
"Hey...peckerhead....you're kid's a retard". :-)

That depends. If his head was really a penis, and his kid was really
retarded, then it would be appropriate IMO.

LMAO

basskisser

"John Smith" wrote in message news:xtYxc.76404$Ly.26357@attbi_s01...
LOL, I almost blew coffee out my nose. Bass is living proof that monkeys do
mate with chimpanzee.

Hhhmmm, here we have someone too stupid to drink coffee, trying to
sound like others around him are somehow not human.
Also, here is someone who tries to say that others around him are
somehow inferior, yet he claims to have "proof that monkeys do mate
with chimpanzee".
If you are using the plural of monkey, shouldn't you also use the
plural of chimpanzee? Stupid.
basskisser

DSK wrote in message

****tard wrote:
NO ONE outside Atlanta is calling it a "world class" anything, except
maybe a world class ********.

Oh c'mon, Atlanta has world-class traffic jams. And in winter time, they
have a world-class number of expat Yankees crashing their cars.

Personally I consider the Varsity world-class even though they don't
have real BBQ.

DSK

Guess you don't know a lot about Atlanta then.
Been to a play on Peachtree?
Been to the Stouffer Resort on Lake Lanier?

That's nearly an hour away!

Been to any of the world-class restaurants (NOT the Varsity!)
Seen the lazer show at Stone Mountain?
Been to any of several of Georgia Tech's engineering labs?
Been to Hartsfield Airport (the world's busiest)?

And the one that most people dread having to travel through. When I fly to
Chicago, if I can't find a direct flight, I'll pass up flights with
connecting stops in Atlanta for ones that stop anywhere but.

Why? It's a very easy airport to get around in. Of course you have to
be able to read.....your example sucks, too. O'hare is so outdated
with not much for attempts to fix problems

Toured the State Capital, with it's dome from Dahlonega gold (where
the FIRST gold rush in the U.S. took place)?

Watched the sunrise on the city from atop Stone Mountain?
Seen any of many musical groups and musicians that come to Atlanta for
a chance to record at some of the best studios in the U.S.?
Been to Olympic Park, where kids play in the fountains?
Did you go to any Olympic events when we hosted the Olympics?
Been to the fabulous Turner Field to watch the Braves?

Turner's a dolt. And I hate the Braves.

A dolt??? That would infere that you know more than he about his
chosen occupation? Hmm, then why aren't YOU worth billions, and own a
baseball team?
Why do you "hate the Braves"? Are you so full of hate that you
actually hate a whole baseball team? How well do you KNOW the members
of the Braves orginization to be able to have such hatred?

(guess I won't mention the Falcons right now!!)
Walked around Sweet Auburn, and/or other historical areas?
Really studied the great history of the area?
I could go on....

And I'm sure you will...

basskisser

DSK wrote in message

****tard wrote:
[...]

Why, because I have lived here for 10 years, and know the place better
than idiots like NOYB who think they know Atlanta because they hit the
airport once a year, and watch the Braves??!!

John Gaquin

Default OT--why the 18-29 year olds support Kerry

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

Sure...the reference is to knowledge in the "biblical sense," and in
plain English, it means carnal or sexual knowledge of..."

"Knowledge of" in the biblical sense. Now we finally get to it -- after
weeks of fun and games, Harry has to save bass's ass and end the game! I've
been waiting (foolishly) for bass to finally get it, but it was all just too
much for the boy. On the several occasions when he tried to appear learned,
he made reference to JohnH "liking" in the biblical sense, and just recently
to "pictures" in the biblical sense, and I think there were a couple of
other tries, but IIRC, he never once alluded to "knowledge of" in the
biblical sense, which of course, is the term that has meaning, and the term
with which most people (other than bass) are familiar.

......totally useless knowledge, except for
those who appreciated and wanted what was once called a "classical"
education.

Not totally useless at all. Just ask bass -- he could have used a classical
education. I'm glad I received mine when I did, and my son, too.

Harry Krause

John Gaquin wrote:

[...]

Hey, when I was young and single, I got as much experience as I could in
the biblical sense with asmany young women as possible. I figured if the
creator didn't want me to, he wouldn't have made the fittings so universal.

But, of course, that was before the Republicans tried to outlaw sex by
making it appear "dirty."
John Gaquin

"basskisser" wrote in message

Guess you don't know a lot about Atlanta then.

Atlanta Summary:

Wafflehouse, and

Buckhead... (where "An ounce of pretension is worth a pound of manure")

Harry Krause

John Gaquin wrote:
"basskisser" wrote in message

Guess you don't know a lot about Atlanta then.

Atlanta Summary:

Wafflehouse, and

Buckhead... (where "An ounce of pretension is worth a pound of manure")

Hey...don't knock Waffle House...my favorite spot on the highway to load
up on cholesterol.

In fact, I've thought many times of getting a Waffle House franchise.
NOYB

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"NOYB" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"NOYB" wrote in message

Quite the contrary. When legitimate parallels between

historical
and
current events are presented to me, I spend a lot of time

reading
historical
references to learn more.

Good. Read up on our adventures in the Phillippines.

The key phrase in my paragraph: *LEGITIMATE PARALLELS*.

But I will "read up on the Phillippines".

Can you provide a specific period or time frame that you're alluding

to?
My
ADD will not allow me to spend hours sifting through two centuries

of
US/Filipino history to find a parallel that may or may not exist.

1898 through present. Try:
"In Our Image - America's Empire in the Phillippines", by Stanley

Karnow.
There is no better chronicle on the subject.

The problem with obtaining knowledge from such a book lies in the fact

that
the word "Empire" has such negative connotations. Before I even open

the
book, I've already formed an opinion about how the author is about to

spin
our relationship with the Filipinos.

I prefer a little less subjective source that simply gives me

historical
names, dates, and significant occurances as they relate to the United

States
and the Philippines.

In the little digging around that I've done (in the last 38 seconds),

I'm
already having a hard time seeing a parallel to our current involvement

in
Iraq. The Filipinos were fighting a revolution against Spain. We beat
Spain in the Spanish-American war...and then "bought" the Philippines,
Puerto Rico, and several other islands. In other words, we bought an

island
that had spent centuries as a Colony, but the prior 3 years fighting for
independence from that outside controlling force...and then we tried to
colonize them again.

I just don't see the parallel with Iraq. Who is supposed to play the

role
of Spain? Where was the 3 year revolution prior to our arrival? And,
finally, how are we "colonizing" Iraq? We're turning the country over

the Iraqis.

Where did you get your information in 38 seconds?

That was a joke in reference to your "attention span" comment from a little
while ago.