basskisser

Default OT-- Atlanta

"NOYB" wrote in message ink.net...
"P.Fritz" wrote in message

"NOYB" wrote in message
nk.net...

"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
"Paul Fritz" wrote in message

"John H" wrote in message
On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 20:33:33 -0400, "NOYB"

wrote:

"basskisser" wrote in message
. com...
"NOYB" wrote in message

thlink.net...
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
John Gaquin wrote:
"basskisser" wrote in message

Guess you don't know a lot about Atlanta then.

Atlanta Summary:

Wafflehouse, and

Buckhead... (where "An ounce of pretension is worth a

pound of
manure")

Hey...don't knock Waffle House...my favorite spot on the

highway
load
up on cholesterol.

In fact, I've thought many times of getting a Waffle

House
franchise.

Blech! The last time I went to one was about 15 years ago.

The
coffee
was
cold, the toast was burnt, the bacon was fatty, and the

waffles
were
uncooked in the middle.

I'd rather eat at McDonald's. Their food is barely

edible...but at
least
it's consistently "barely edible". Waffle House is

completely
inedible...and inconsistently so.

My top choice for national breakfast franchises is

Perkins...but it
costs a
lot more to start one of those.

Face it, NOYB, you simply HATE everything that isn't in your

white
bread, missionary position only, blinders on republican back

yard.

I didn't know that Waffle House chooses it's locations based on

the
sexual
position preferences of the local population. I also didn't

know
that
non-whites and non-republicans have a monopoly on

non-missionary
position
intercourse.

BTW--There's a Waffle House 7 miles from my house. Before I

moved,
it
was 4
1/2 miles away.

I spent a few glorious months just outside Atlanta in a place

called
Fort
Benning (well, maybe a little more than just outside). I can

honestly
state that
there are some great places in Columbus to get all the fried

catfish
and
hushpuppies you can eat!

It is kind of comical seeing asslicker turn silient about 'world

class'
Atlanta, and try to turn to race baiting.....typical liebral

what to HELL are you talking about? Where did I "race bait"?

When you introduced the term "white-bread" when describing my

"backyard".

Are you
too stupid to follow a thread? I didn't write the above. And if I DID,
why do you consider it "race baiting"? Fried catfish and hushpuppies
are one of my favorite meals.

He's not talking about the catfish and hushpuppies comment, dummy.

Cripes, asslicker is dumber than a tree stump

Please be nice to tree stumps...

Hmmm, then why do you suppose he replied to the catfish and
hushpuppies, as opposed to replying to ME??? Pretty damned stupid,
huh?
basskisser

John Gaquin wrote:
[...]

Then why did he REPLY to that, as opposed to correctly replying to ME, dummy?
Courtney

Hate to butt in on a conversation here but my husband and I may be
moving to atlanta from pittsburgh next summer. What are the best
school districts to live and/or teach in? I believe his office will be
in northern atlanta.
Thanks

DSK wrote in message ...
basskisser wrote:
Guess you don't know a lot about Atlanta then.

I guess not. I only lived there for a while and have only a dozen or so
friends in the area that we visit regularly.

Been to a play on Peachtree?

No, I don't go to plays.

Been to the Stouffer Resort on Lake Lanier?

No, I don't go to resorts. I have sailed & raced on Lake Lanier many
times. It's nice but it's far from "world class."

Been to any of the world-class restaurants (NOT the Varsity!)

Yep. There are a lot of good restaurants in Atlanta... a lot of
overpriced crap, too. I would rate Atlanta pretty far down the scale
with regard to restaurants. The Triangle area has much better. And there
are other big cities with more too.

Seen the lazer show at Stone Mountain?

Nope

Been to any of several of Georgia Tech's engineering labs?

Yep. A fair amount of collaborative projects with NC State. Plus the
Georgia Tech sailing team is pretty cool.

Been to Hartsfield Airport (the world's busiest)?

Yep. People going to hell have to change planes in Atlanta. Doesn't make
it a good thing.

Toured the State Capital, with it's dome from Dahlonega gold (where
the FIRST gold rush in the U.S. took place)?

Yep

Watched the sunrise on the city from atop Stone Mountain?

Yep

Seen any of many musical groups and musicians that come to Atlanta for
a chance to record at some of the best studios in the U.S.?

There are much better music fairs in NC, especially bluegrass. For
classic music Atlanta can't even begin to compare with one of the really
"world class" venues.

Been to Olympic Park, where kids play in the fountains?

Kids play in fountains lots of places.

Did you go to any Olympic events when we hosted the Olympics?

Just the sailing, and that was in Savannah.

Been to the fabulous Turner Field to watch the Braves?

Yep. Turner doesn't strike me as "fabulous" though.

(guess I won't mention the Falcons right now!!)

At one point the Braves were in the cellar too.

Walked around Sweet Auburn, and/or other historical areas?
Really studied the great history of the area?

Actually I used to host Civil War tours in the Atlanta area. So yeah,
that too.

I could go on....

No need. Obviously you're very impressed with Atlanta. That's a good
thing, but it doesn't make Atlanta "world class" in all those respects.

All I can say is, if you don't like the Varsity then what the heck are
you even doing in Georgia?

DSK

bb

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 08:44:19 -0400, "NOYB" wrote:

As you can see demonstrated by basskisser's poor grammar, punctuation, and
spelling, the Atlanta area is in desperate need of good teachers.

Yale and Harvard must be in desperate need of good teachers also, eh?

bb

Harry Krause

bb wrote:

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 08:44:19 -0400, "NOYB" wrote:

As you can see demonstrated by basskisser's poor grammar, punctuation, and
spelling, the Atlanta area is in desperate need of good teachers.

Yale and Harvard must be in desperate need of good teachers also, eh?

bb

I have yet to find a plausible explanation for Bush sounding like an
idiot every time he speaks with an education such as he enjoyed.
NOYB

"bb" wrote in message
On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 08:44:19 -0400, "NOYB" wrote:

As you can see demonstrated by basskisser's poor grammar, punctuation,

and
spelling, the Atlanta area is in desperate need of good teachers.

Yale and Harvard must be in desperate need of good teachers also, eh?

For *public speaking* classes, yes.

NOYB

bb wrote:

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 08:44:19 -0400, "NOYB" wrote:

As you can see demonstrated by basskisser's poor grammar, punctuation,

and
spelling, the Atlanta area is in desperate need of good teachers.

Yale and Harvard must be in desperate need of good teachers also, eh?

bb

I have yet to find a plausible explanation for Bush sounding like an
idiot every time he speaks with an education such as he enjoyed.

I have listed several prominent and intelligent people from American history
who were known to be exceptionally poor speakers in their time. Some people
just don't speak well in public. Some people just can't seem to grasp basic
math concepts. And some people continue to vote Democratic despite all of
the evidence proving that you'd have to be an idiot to do so. Why does
there have to be an "explanation" for everything?