BoatBanter.com

-   -   When would you board someone else's boat?? (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/4125-when-would-you-board-someone-elses-boat.html)

Henry Blackmoore April 20th 04 06:56 PM

When would you board someone else's boat??

In article , "Doug Kanter" wrote:

"Henry Blackmoore" wrote in message
link.net...
In article , "Doug Kanter"

wrote:

Sure, and then when you make the first inkling of a minor mistake,
then you get the same in return!!

TALES FROM THE DARK SIDE! THINGS YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF BEFORE!
Today: There are a whole lot of people who make the miniscule effort

needed
to NEVER disturb their neighbors, or the public in general.

A lot of them are probably very afraid of the evil and/or mentally

disturbed
freaks that are running around at large in society. You know? The

Charles
Bronson vigilante types?

.....and a lot of us simply know what's right & wrong. Period.

It's a shame that we don't have more treatment programs for the mentally
ill...

Doug Kanter April 20th 04 07:13 PM

When would you board someone else's boat??

"Henry Blackmoore" wrote in message
nk.net...
In article , "Doug Kanter"

wrote:

Sure, and then when you make the first inkling of a minor mistake,
then you get the same in return!!

TALES FROM THE DARK SIDE! THINGS YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF BEFORE!
Today: There are a whole lot of people who make the miniscule effort

needed
to NEVER disturb their neighbors, or the public in general.

A lot of them are probably very afraid of the evil and/or mentally

disturbed
freaks that are running around at large in society. You know? The

Charles
Bronson vigilante types?

.....and a lot of us simply know what's right & wrong. Period.

It's a shame that we don't have more treatment programs for the mentally
ill...

Are you saying that if someone doesn't need punishment or consequences to
live peacefully, they are mentally ill?

Henry Blackmoore April 20th 04 10:33 PM

When would you board someone else's boat??

In article , "Doug Kanter" wrote:

"Henry Blackmoore" wrote in message
ink.net...
In article , "Doug Kanter"

wrote:

Sure, and then when you make the first inkling of a minor mistake,
then you get the same in return!!

TALES FROM THE DARK SIDE! THINGS YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF BEFORE!
Today: There are a whole lot of people who make the miniscule effort
needed
to NEVER disturb their neighbors, or the public in general.

A lot of them are probably very afraid of the evil and/or mentally
disturbed
freaks that are running around at large in society. You know? The
Charles
Bronson vigilante types?

.....and a lot of us simply know what's right & wrong. Period.

It's a shame that we don't have more treatment programs for the mentally
ill...

Are you saying that if someone doesn't need punishment or consequences to
live peacefully, they are mentally ill?

No it is actually more of a lament of sorts that you are not getting the help
that you obviously need.

Henry Blackmoore April 20th 04 10:36 PM

When would you board someone else's boat??

In article , (basskisser) wrote:

ural kind of thing.

So - What would you think if someone was boarding your boat?

I would have turned down the radio and told the guy I did it to keep him out

of
trouble with other boaters.

I'd sure hate to live next to someone as anal as you. Apparently it
was daytime, so why not just chill out a little?

I picked my current property and house carefully. I don't have neighbors
except for on one side. After a few "anal" types in my previous experience
I wanted to minimize any chances for that occuring again.

Sheesh.

Don White April 20th 04 10:59 PM

When would you board someone else's boat??

Henry Blackmoore wrote in message
nk.net...

I picked my current property and house carefully. I don't have neighbors
except for on one side. After a few "anal" types in my previous

experience
I wanted to minimize any chances for that occuring again.

Sheesh.

Having normal neighbours around could interfer with your antics, eh?

Don White April 20th 04 11:10 PM

Doug Kanter wrote in message
Are you saying that if someone doesn't need punishment or consequences to
live peacefully, they are mentally ill?

It's probably a cultural thing.
In Henry's cowtown, it's probably fine to take the six gun out to the
backyard and get a little target practice in before dusk
On the other hand, at the yacht squadron I frequent, certain civilized
behavior is expected.
Members would consider it bad form for some inconsiderate lout to blast his
radio, disturbing the peace & quiet of other members.

Harry Krause April 20th 04 11:31 PM

Don White wrote:

Henry Blackmoore wrote in message
nk.net...

I picked my current property and house carefully. I don't have neighbors
except for on one side. After a few "anal" types in my previous

experience

I wanted to minimize any chances for that occuring again.

Sheesh.

Having normal neighbours around could interfer with your antics, eh?

Henry's former neighbors objected to his shooting his guns at anything
that cast a shadow on his lawn.

Doug Kanter April 21st 04 02:45 PM

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Don White wrote:

Henry Blackmoore wrote in message
nk.net...

I picked my current property and house carefully. I don't have

neighbors
except for on one side. After a few "anal" types in my previous

experience

I wanted to minimize any chances for that occuring again.

Sheesh.

Having normal neighbours around could interfer with your antics, eh?

Henry's former neighbors objected to his shooting his guns at anything
that cast a shadow on his lawn.

Henry thinks *I'm* the type who does that! Interesting range of
interpretations in this thread. :-)

Charles April 22nd 04 01:56 AM

When to shoot a falre into someone elses bilge WAS: When would youboard someone else's boat??

Henry Blackmoore wrote:

In article , "Doug Kanter" wrote:

I'd write down the name & reg numbers of boats like that, for two reasons.
First, report him to the marina's manager. Second, if you ever run across
that same boat in an emergency, you can ignore its owner's calls for help,
and do whatever you can to make his boat sink, burn or crash upon the rocks
more quickly. There's an entire class of people who simply don't deserve to
continue their existence.

You would ignore somebody in an emergency over petty-ass bull**** and help
their boat sink, burn or crash? Really?

Ya, here again we have an example of the tolerance and humanity of liberalism.

Reminds me of krause wishing a bus would run over a NG poster he didn't
like so he could watch it happen.

-- Charlie

Charles April 22nd 04 01:58 AM

When to shoot a falre into someone elses bilge WAS: When would youboard someone else's boat??

Doug Kanter wrote:

I'd have to ask a Buddhist, but maybe I *am* a Buddhist, because I believe I
am god, just as we all are. Some people are meant to be exterminated.

Another person with a failed marriage.

**What a surprise**

-- Charlie