Florida Keyz

Default Leaving The Newsgroup

is this the kindergarden room?
Florida Keyz

How do you get and work that kill file? These guys are so predictable its
laughable.
Henry Blackmoore

In article , "Gene Kearns" wrote:

On 07 Apr 2004 01:23:08 GMT, (Florida Keyz) wrote:

is this the kindergarden room?

It certainly is for about 6 people. Killfile them and the number of
off-topic posts drops to near nil. They are easily identified by the
speed and willingness with which they remind you that they are going
to do what they want to do and *you* can't stop them.

Since I have never said anything of the sort then obviously I am not one of
the 6?

Because if I was Officer O'Kearns then that would make you full of baloney.

Where is it written that one can only talk about boating matters in this
newsgroup and just who deputized you to go after anybody?

This newsgroup is akin to a pub where most everyone shares a common interest.
A pub on the waterfront perhaps that attracts boaters. And like any pub
filled with free spirited individuals the folks can and will talk about most
anything that they wish. Be it boats, politics or anything else.

Just who are you to say otherwise?

And your ridiculous analogies relating to obnoxious cell-phone users doesn't
hold water here because in this pub one is free to choose which conversation
that they wish to engage in. It isn't like you are forced to listen to
somebody's Aunt Marge talking to her doctor while you are dining out.

Don't like certain threads then by all means ignore them or filter them out.
But you can take your pathetic attempts at newsgroup policing and --
well you can figure that out.

This isn't a moderated newsgroup and you are certainly not anybody's
moderator. Get over it.

later!

Joe Parsons

(Florida Keyz) wrote:

is this the kindergarden room?

It certainly is for about 6 people. Killfile them and the number of
off-topic posts drops to near nil. They are easily identified by the
speed and willingness with which they remind you that they are going
to do what they want to do and *you* can't stop them.

Since I have never said anything of the sort then obviously I am not one of
the 6?

Because if I was Officer O'Kearns then that would make you full of baloney.

Where is it written that one can only talk about boating matters in this
newsgroup and just who deputized you to go after anybody?

This newsgroup is akin to a pub where most everyone shares a common interest.

It's nothing at all like a pub. In a pub--or in any face to face
gathering--there are certain built-in constraints to behavior. Those
constraints tend to be closely tied to a) shame; and b) one's instinct for
self-preservation. Here on rec.boats, a very small handful of people behave in
ways I presume they never would in real life, simply because they'd risk
personal embarrassment, shame and likely personal injury.

It takes no courage whatsoever to post insults from behind the comparative
anonymity of a Usenet handle--and in many instances here I see pure cowardice.

A pub on the waterfront perhaps that attracts boaters.

Many of the people here (like you) would not last ten minutes in an actual
physical gathering of boaters. Besides--I see very little evidence of any
interest in boating among the more prolific combatants here. My hunch is that,
even with the onset of the boating season, you who have effectively ruined
rec.boats as a boating resource will continue your sociopathic behavior here.

And like any pub
filled with free spirited individuals the folks can and will talk about most
anything that they wish. Be it boats, politics or anything else.

Ah. Never been in a pub full of "free spirited individuals," I see--unless you
subsist on a diet of Ensure, sucked through a wired jaw.

Just who are you to say otherwise?

I've always found this kind of position amusing: people like you, who contribute
to the rapid deterioration of a formerly useful community under some sort of
"free speech" umbrella, yet who whine and complain hypocritically when called to
account for that same behavior.

Joe Parsons

Ernie

Will you kindly change the "Subject:Leaving The Newsgroup" subject. It not
something many of us would read though I'm glad I checked it out before
including you in my kill rule. I have been avoding this subject matter for
some time hoping it would go away and finally decided to check it out
before...

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On 07 Apr 2004 16:05:00 GMT, (Florida Keyz) wrote:

How do you get and work that kill file? These guys are so predictable its
laughable.

I don't know how to do it via AOL, though I understand there is a way.
If interested, I'll send you the names, etc. that will eliminate
nearly all of the "spam."
--
23' Grady White, out of Southport, NC.

http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/cavern/

Homepage
http://www.southharbourvillage.com/directions.asp Where

Southport,NC is located.
http://www.southharbourvillage.com/autoupdater.htm Real Time Pictures

at My Marina
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats Rec.boats

at Lee Yeaton's Bayguide

Henry Blackmoore

In article ,
wrote:

On Wed, 07 Apr 2004 16:53:25 GMT, (Henry Blackmoore) wrote:

In article , "Gene Kearns"

wrote:

On 07 Apr 2004 01:23:08 GMT,
(Florida Keyz) wrote:

[...]

You have a point there. But you are preaching to the wrong person. I didn't
come to this newsgroup to get into it with folks. But I be god-damned if I
have to remain silent while sob's throw insults my way. Just like in a real
pub I can fight back if I so choose.

It takes no courage whatsoever to post insults from behind the comparative
anonymity of a Usenet handle--and in many instances here I see pure cowardice.

Bully for you.

A pub on the waterfront perhaps that attracts boaters.

Many of the people here (like you) would not last ten minutes in an actual
physical gathering of boaters. Besides--I see very little evidence of any
interest in boating among the more prolific combatants here. My hunch is that,
even with the onset of the boating season, you who have effectively ruined
rec.boats as a boating resource will continue your sociopathic behavior here.

How come I don't see posts like this chewing out Harry K. and company, like
'asskisser? Why is that? Am I missing something? Is it okay for them to spew
their vile and bullsh*t but shame on me for putting it back in front of them?
All the chastizing seems to be very one-sided around here.

And like any pub
filled with free spirited individuals the folks can and will talk about most
anything that they wish. Be it boats, politics or anything else.

Ah. Never been in a pub full of "free spirited individuals," I see--unless you
subsist on a diet of Ensure, sucked through a wired jaw.

Just who are you to say otherwise?

I've always found this kind of position amusing: people like you, who
contribute
to the rapid deterioration of a formerly useful community under some sort of
"free speech" umbrella, yet who whine and complain hypocritically when called
account for that same behavior.

Oh really now? I have been coming here for years now and you know something?
I came in here originally to talk about boats and I still do. However when I
first started posting I also got insulted and had mud flung at me by various
members of the newsgroup that made fun of my home state, my name, my email
addresses, my boat and my political affliations amongst other things. The
folks that I retort to or insult in here are the ones that started throwing
their **** at me first. Same as in a pub or bar I don't walk away from too
many jerks throwing verbal punches or otherwise. Why should I? I have the
right to speak my mind as well.

You expect me and others to just settle down and be silent while the left-wing
whacko contingent says and does what they please?

You are preaching to the wrong person here. Go play NetCop to somebody else.
Let's see you engage some of the lefties on this issue.

later

Joe Parsons

Henry Blackmoore

In article ,
wrote:

On Wed, 07 Apr 2004 16:53:25 GMT, (Henry Blackmoore) wrote:

In article , "Gene Kearns"

wrote:

On 07 Apr 2004 01:23:08 GMT,
(Florida Keyz) wrote:

[...]