NOYB

Default Leaving The Newsgroup

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message

Harry Krawse seems to be your "textbook example" of what is wrong with

this
NG. Combined with Chuck Gould they have managed to take this NG from a
boating NG to a political one.

But I see you have not filtered him out as you respond to some of his

posts.

Will you be doing so in the near future? And have you add Chuck to your
ignore filter also? Or is it only the people who have different

political
views (from yours) that you filter and bitch about?

Me thinks so.

Jim,

I have told Harry that he posts too much off topic. He does.

My standard, and it is admittedly somewhat subjective, is how much a
person *does* post on topic vs. his/her total posts tempered with
their stated intent. Harry has always been civil to me, even though
we stood toe-to-toe when I supported Bush in the last election. I
questioned his position, his sources, and his conclusions.... net
result was that (1) he was always a gentleman about it and (2) I found
*myself* posting *WAY* too much off topic. I filter most of Harry's
posts by filters created to cleanse my downloads of off topic content,
whether it be liberal, conservative, Republican, Democrat, whatever.
*ANY* OT content (detected by the software) goes in the bozo bin
without regard to the poster's identity.

My *REAL PROBLEM(s)* have been with those who almost *NEVER* (or truly
never) post on topic. They come here to disrupt the newsgroup for
their own selfish reasons. Some have gone to the extreme lengths of
posting hundreds of off topic posts, admitting that they never come
here to discuss boating (since they go to other sites for ON-topic
posts) and then having the unmitigated gall to secretively email
those alternate sites as the alternative to get away from their
disruptive OT postings. Clearly, their hate is directed at rec.boats.
I don't get it. Do you?

Understand that nearly all of my filters relate to *content* not
identities. The few people that I have killfiled by name or alias
have earned that dubious distinction by going out of their way to be
purposefully incendiary and predominantly off topic.

Bait *me* and you will *surely* end up in the bozo-bin. Such was
NOYB's fate.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Dan Krueger

Well said. Joe has helped more people here than probably any other individual.
Thanks, Joe.

Dan

Eisboch wrote:
"ReevesJ32" wrote in message

I've been reading this newsgroup for a few years now, giving advice where

and

when it was needed or requested. However, for various reasons (mostly the
political and BS), I find it's time to leave. Should anyone require advice

that

actually pertains to boating and/or their engines, I'd suggest visiting

the

following sites:

www.marineengine.com , www.maxrules.com , www.iboats.com

Joe (30+ Years With OMC)

Joe,

As a long time participant but now only an occasional lurker --- hate to
see you go, but certainly understand the reasons. Thanks for all your
positive contributions back when this was a decent NG.

Eisboch

NOYB

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 18:20:33 -0500, "jim--" wrote:

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 18:15:31 GMT, "Don White"
wrote:

NOYB wrote in message
link.net...

Bye.

There's no door...or I'd warn you not to let it hit you in the ass.

What a piece of work!
Insult someone who actually knew what he was talking about.

This political based poster is probably *the* textbook example of what
is wrong with this news group. He is one of the very few people I
have ever killfiled. With killfiles in place for those that post
nearly nothing related to boating and general subjects that are off
topic, my useful bandwidth from this newsgroup is running about
181-retrieved to 288-available or about 63%. I find that I spend
*way* less time trying to teach pigs to dance and much more time
actually accomplishing gainful activity.... like boating.

I highly recommend that any poster interested in boating procure
adequate software to filter out the off-topic vandals and stay here
and continue to post on-topic responses.

To leave this group and go elsewhere only accomplishes what these OT
posters desire.... summed up by the response, "Bye. There's no
door...or I'd warn you not to let it hit you in the ass." I don't
know quite what it is that they hate about rec.boats, nor do I
understand there motivations, however, I do know that leaving only
achieves their goals at the expense of you giving up what can be a
rewarding and valuable resource.

Think about it..... and stay.

Harry Krawse seems to be your "textbook example" of what is wrong with

this
NG. Combined with Chuck Gould they have managed to take this NG from a
boating NG to a political one.

But I see you have not filtered him out as you respond to some of his

posts.

Will you be doing so in the near future? And have you add Chuck to your
ignore filter also? Or is it only the people who have different

political
views (from yours) that you filter and bitch about?

Me thinks so.

You know. I missed one important point. If you come here for boating
information, do you not mourn the loss of a person with over 30 years
of technical boating know-how?

Is your (erroneous) assessment of my political convictions more
important that the possible loss of such an able boating contributor?

Or do you really care? About boats, that is?

There are a lot better places to get answers to boating questions.

jim--

wrote:

NOYB wrote in message
[...]

I could care less about Chuck leaving. Harry and Chuck brought about the
downturn of this forum. So I hope the door hits him in the arse on his way
out.

Is your (erroneous) assessment of my political convictions more
important that the possible loss of such an able boating contributor?

Exlain that to me again Eugene. I don't understand your question.

Or do you really care? About boats, that is?

I care about boats. But less now than I used to as I sold mine due to my
wifes medical condition.

jim--

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 19:41:54 -0500, "jim--" wrote:

[...]

You know... whatever you are using for a newsreader isn't clever
enough to remove signatures. How about editing the chaff out?

Show me whe

1. Harry does not insult someone in his reply to their post disagreeing
with his.

He hasn't insulted me. He has made posts to people that are probably
inappropriate, but these tend to be those that come here to be
incendiary. If you are so inclined, "Live by the sword, die by the
sword." I don't care to take part.

2. Harry posts boating related topics.

Have at it, if you are really interested:
http://tinyurl.com/278a3

*He* is the center of the problem. Concentrate your efforts (to improve

the
group) at him.

You are blind to the point that *ALL* off topic posts are equally to
blame. If *you* stop contributing to the problem, others will stop,
too. Do you want them to stop?

Your allegiance to the man is clear. No need for any further discussion.

John H

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 22:41:01 GMT, "Don White"
wrote:

John H wrote in message
.. .

I don't even live in Texas or Florida!

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

We can't hold Maryland responsible for that!

And I sure as *hell* don't live in Mareeland!

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
John H

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 23:33:13 GMT, "Peter Pan"
wrote:

"Don White" wrote in message

John H wrote in message

I don't even live in Texas or Florida!

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

We can't hold Maryland responsible for that!

That explains a lot. I live in FL and my sister (who IMO is totally wacky),
lives in MD. I always blame it on the wacky mental vibrations sent from DC.

I don't live in Maryland! Harry K. lives in Maryland. Need I say more?

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
Bombardier003

There's no door...or I'd warn you not to let it hit you in the ass.

What a piece of work!
Insult someone who actually knew what he was talking about.

Agreed.... Pertaining to NOYB and NYUK, obviously two individuals of which it's
difficult to reply directly to them without sinking to an astounding low level
whereas one would be required to rattle off in obscenities of which they might
be able to comprehend.

The replies, comments of these two individuals..... well, one must simply
consider the source. I'm sure there are many that never got quite past the
fourth grade.

Makes one wonder... Do they realize that they're giving rednecks a bad name?

My first time here.... and last. Cya.
NOYB

"Bombardier003" wrote in message
There's no door...or I'd warn you not to let it hit you in the ass.

What a piece of work!
Insult someone who actually knew what he was talking about.

Agreed.... Pertaining to NOYB and NYUK, obviously two individuals of which

it's
difficult to reply directly to them without sinking to an astounding low

level
whereas one would be required to rattle off in obscenities of which they

might
be able to comprehend.

The replies, comments of these two individuals..... well, one must simply
consider the source. I'm sure there are many that never got quite past the
fourth grade.

Makes one wonder... Do they realize that they're giving rednecks a bad

name?

Me? A redneck who never got past fourth grade? Welcome to the newsgroup,
newbie!