basskisser

Default Bush shows his ignorance yet again

03-04) 05:10 PST NEW YORK (AP) --

President Bush's re-election campaign on Thursday defended commercials
using images from the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, including wreckage
of the World Trade Center, as appropriate for an election about public
policy and the war on terror.

Some families of the victims of the attacks are angry with Bush for
airing the spots, which they called in poor taste and for the
president's political gain.

"With all due respect, I just completely disagree, and I believe the
vast majority of the American people will as well," Karen Hughes, a
Bush campaign adviser, told "The Early Show" on CBS. "September 11th
was not just a distant tragedy. It's a defining event for the future
of our country. ... Obviously, all of us mourn and grieve for the
victims of that terrible day, but September 11 fundamentally changed
our public policy in many important ways, and I think it's vital that
the next president recognize that."

The first three ads, unveiled Wednesday at campaign headquarters in
suburban Washington, will run on broadcast channels in about 80
markets in 18 states, most of which are expected to be critical to the
election, and nationwide on select cable networks.

"It's a slap in the face of the murders of 3,000 people," Monica
Gabrielle, whose husband died in the twin towers, told the New York
Daily News for its Thursday editions. "It is unconscionable."

Two of the spots show the destruction at the World Trade Center and
include an American flag flying amid the debris. They also feature
images of firefighters working through the wreckage.

"It's as sick as people who stole things out of the place," said
Firefighter Tommy Fee of Queens Rescue Squad 270. "The image of
firefighters at ground zero should not be used for this stuff, for
politics."

The ads do not mention Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry,
focusing instead on improving Bush's image after criticism by
Democrats in recent months.

"I would be less offended if he showed a picture of himself in front
of the Statue of Liberty," said Tom Roger, whose daughter perished on
American Airlines Flight 11. "But to show the horror of 9/11 in the
background, that's just some advertising agency's attempt to grab
people by the throat."
Doug Kanter

"basskisser" wrote in message
om...

It's a defining event for the future of our country. ...

Bingo. There's the problem - the belief that 9/11 was a defining event. The
administration would have us believe that the event defines the future
indefinitely, and obliterates all other concerns. How perverse.

Jim

John H wrote:

Bush did a superb job of providing leadership to the country during a
time when panic could have reigned supreme.

Ummm -- seems to me that The president and VP ran and hid while this was
going on. There was something like 20 min between tower 1 and tower 2
being hit. It was over an hour before the Pentagon was hit, yet no air
defense was prepared. The plane that went down in PA was tracked for
some time, yet not taken out

All in all I'd say the presidents' actions on 9/11 are nothing to brag about

bb

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 12:31:04 -0500, John H
wrote:

Bush did a superb job of providing leadership to the country during a
time when panic could have reigned supreme.

Leadership? Let's not forget about him hiding out during a very dark
day for this country.

Kerry's ads are taking advantage of a conflict in which, according to
Kerry, thousands of innocent women and children were raped, killed or
mutilated.

Which is worse?

According to the actual victims, Bush.

bb

NOYB

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"basskisser" wrote in message
om...

It's a defining event for the future of our country. ...

Bingo. There's the problem - the belief that 9/11 was a defining event.

The
administration would have us believe that the event defines the future
indefinitely, and obliterates all other concerns. How perverse.

People compare it to the attack on Pearl Harbor. Personally, I think it's
worse, since it was perpetrated on civilians. The attack on Pearl Harbor
certainly "defined the future indefinitely, and obliterated all other
concerns"...in fact, it did so in a much more profound manner. Our way of
life has hardly changed following 9/11. Compare that to the years
immediately following Pearl Harbor.

NOYB

news
wrote:

Bush did a superb job of providing leadership to the country during a
time when panic could have reigned supreme.

Leadership? Let's not forget about him hiding out during a very dark
day for this country.

You're a fool. An assassination threat was made on the President's life the
same day 4 planes were hijacked, and flown into the WTC, and a building in
close proximity to the President's residence.

Kerry's ads are taking advantage of a conflict in which, according to
Kerry, thousands of innocent women and children were raped, killed or
mutilated.

Which is worse?

According to the actual victims, Bush.

So you say it's worse if the victims say it's worse? Ok, then let's apply
your logic and apply it to what these "victims" have to say:

http://www.usvetdsp.com/jf_kerry.htm

Here's an excerpt:
"Kerry's betrayal of American prisoners of war, his blatant disrespect for
the families of our missing in action, Vietnam veterans, the military, his
support for communist Vietnam and his waffling over the issue of use of
force in Iraq proves he is a self promoting Chameleon Senator who cannot be
relied on to protect the best interests of the United States."

DSK

John H wrote:
Bush did a superb job of providing leadership to the country during a
time when panic could have reigned supreme.

Umm, John... I check one post of yours today, and here you are
cheerleading at full throttle.

Care to comment on Bush & Cheney's hiding out during Sept 11th and
insisting that there was an assassination plot underway? Panic didn't
reign supreme in the rest of the country, but it looked like GB jr was
overcome by fear.

DSK

John H

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 12:50:31 -0500, Jim wrote:

John H wrote:

Bush did a superb job of providing leadership to the country during a
time when panic could have reigned supreme.

Ummm -- seems to me that The president and VP ran and hid while this was
going on. There was something like 20 min between tower 1 and tower 2
being hit. It was over an hour before the Pentagon was hit, yet no air
defense was prepared. The plane that went down in PA was tracked for
some time, yet not taken out

All in all I'd say the presidents' actions on 9/11 are nothing to brag about

Each to his own, right?

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

A lump of coal for Bush NOYB General 3 February 21st 04 07:01 AM
OT--An interesting piece on Bush NOYB General 28 February 12th 04 01:54 PM