Jim

Default Bush shows his ignorance yet again

In no way do I attempt to diminish the actions of the passengers. But
the question remains

WHERE WAS OUR MILITARY? We were a nation under attack, and not 1 plane
was taken out by those assigned the job!

Charles wrote:

Jim wrote:

Ummm -- seems to me that The president and VP ran and hid while this was
going on. There was something like 20 min between tower 1 and tower 2
being hit. It was over an hour before the Pentagon was hit, yet no air
defense was prepared. The plane that went down in PA was tracked for
some time, yet not taken out

That plane that went down due to the heroic actions of those on board,
who understood what was happening, is nothing more than knife in your
hand to attack others. How pathetic is that.

How contemptible you are. You'll never rise to level of those on board
that plane who gave their lives for the good of others. Yours is a banal
horizon, the installed in power of some political double-talker who has
beguiled you.

-- Charlie

Jim

And in all cases radio contact with the planes was turned off.
Passengers with cell phones were talking from the PA plane and
describing what was happening. The FAA ordered ALL planes grounded --
these 4 did not respond. IT doesn't take a genius.

John H wrote:
On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 12:50:31 -0500, Jim wrote:

John H wrote:

Bush did a superb job of providing leadership to the country during a
time when panic could have reigned supreme.

Ummm -- seems to me that The president and VP ran and hid while this was
going on. There was something like 20 min between tower 1 and tower 2
being hit. It was over an hour before the Pentagon was hit, yet no air
defense was prepared. The plane that went down in PA was tracked for
some time, yet not taken out

All in all I'd say the presidents' actions on 9/11 are nothing to brag about

Jim, we had not normally been keeping an air defense battery around
the twin towers or the Pentagon. The closest air defense we had was at
Fort Belvoir, VA. That's about an hour from the Pentagon on a good
day, assuming the troops were loaded and ready to go.

We had not been keeping F-16's on the ready rack at Andrews AFB
either.

Have you ever landed at National Airport in Washington, D,C.? When
landing from the north, planes fly directly above the Potomac River
until they hit the runway. This means they pass within a few blocks of
the Pentagon. The warning time would have been about 4 seconds from
the time a plane left the normal flight path.

It's okay to hate Bush, but try to exercise some reason!

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

Butch Ammon

Well, since most of the troops who've gone to war in Iraq are not
"enlisted men and veterans" I'd venture a guess that Bush will lose big
time among active troops.

Second, I'd also venture a guess that veterans would probably cotton to
Kerry before Bush. Kerry went to war and fought gallantly while Bush
enjoyed his exclusive status as a political scion.

I expect most veterans can feel that in their bones.

NOT THIS VETERAN!!!!!!!! I am absolutely 100%,dyed-in-the-wool, Pro-Bush, all
the way!!!!!

You want to talk to two of my brothers-in-law? They were over in Vietnam and
fought, survived, and came home. There were countless stories going around
among all the services. I can tell you this... Kerry is *DESPISED* by Vietnam
vets!!

Like I told good ol' Harry... Kerry will loose, and Bush will be in for a 2nd
term. Then, the "queen bee" Hil-LIAR-y Clinton will make a run for POTUS in
'08.

Butch Ammon
Bert Robbins

Well, since most of the troops who've gone to war in Iraq are not
"enlisted men and veterans" I'd venture a guess that Bush will lose big
time among active troops.

70% of the troops are enlisted and when the come back from Iraq they are
veterans.

Second, I'd also venture a guess that veterans would probably cotton to
Kerry before Bush. Kerry went to war and fought gallantly while Bush
enjoyed his exclusive status as a political scion.

Why would veterans "cotton" to Kerry?

I expect most veterans can feel that in their bones.

Huh?

Doug Kanter

"John H" wrote in message

Jim, we had not normally been keeping an air defense battery around
the twin towers or the Pentagon. The closest air defense we had was at
Fort Belvoir, VA. That's about an hour from the Pentagon on a good
day, assuming the troops were loaded and ready to go.

We had not been keeping F-16's on the ready rack at Andrews AFB
either.

Have you ever landed at National Airport in Washington, D,C.? When
landing from the north, planes fly directly above the Potomac River
until they hit the runway. This means they pass within a few blocks of
the Pentagon. The warning time would have been about 4 seconds from
the time a plane left the normal flight path.

It's okay to hate Bush, but try to exercise some reason!

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

I may be wrong, but I believe we still have an ANG base on Long Island. A
path straight north would intercept a plane about halfway between Boston and
Manhattan.

Doug Kanter

"Jim--" wrote in message

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Jim-- wrote:

"thunder" wrote in message
news On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 15:06:15 -0500, DSK wrote:

Please also note that Republicans mostly disliked FDR, and the
right-wing
branch of the GOP actively hated and undermined him, and spread the

most
awful rumors they could think of. Some were outright Nazi

sympathizers.

Don't forget the attempted coup against FDR.

http://www.webcom.com/ctka/pr399-fdr.html

It is a vast right wing conspiracy. We have secret meetings every

night.
We even have a secret handshake and special decoder rings.

I do not believe I have every read a conservative here stating he

wished
kill Clinton. I have, however, read about wishes to kill Bush by a

couple
of loony lefties here, including the clown prince Krause.

Uh, sorry, crap-for-brains, but all I wish for Bush is a speedy
retirement this fall, and perhaps, if we're lucky, a tar and feathering
of the idiot as he leaves town.

Sorry Krazy Krause but you cannot deny the death wishes you made on our
President, along with a couple of other crazies from your lefty loony

crowd.

Actually, the most violent wish for Bush that I've seen in this NG came from
me. I wished him only a bullet in the lower leg. I did not wish for his
death. Rather, I wanted to hear his comments on TV as he continued to
reinvent the English language: "I was visitin' some folks...some seniors at
an elementary school and as I disembarked the school, I was bulletated by
some fella who wasn't quite as god-fearin' as my families & me. But, god
will forgive him, and damn the ice cream's good here in this here clinicular
place."

Doug Kanter

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

I've not deleted anything, crap-for-brains. In fact, I don't even know
how one would do that, since doing so is of no interest to me.

Harry, you need a translator on retainer. When someone like Jim says you
deleted your old posts, it means he's unable to figure out how to find them
with a google search.

Doug Kanter

Germany - 1933 - the left?????

ecr

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message news:raL1c.4540

Surely you don't believe that Bush's presence was any benefit to the country
in the minutes, days and months after 9/11, do you? If he'd perished in
flames, better men would've stepped up. Matter of fact, Rudy's popularity
rating were far higher than Bush's.

Wow! How can a, a, ... citizen make such a response?

Do you think POTUS presence (regardless of politics)is not required
during an attack on the US mainland?

Can you imagine the state of the country at this point if POTUS had
been killed?
(POTUS didn't go to DC because it(he) was deemed a probable target).

Do you think the "bad guys" would not have kept up the attack?

I fear for my country.
Harry Krause

Butch Ammon wrote:

Well, since most of the troops who've gone to war in Iraq are not
"enlisted men and veterans" I'd venture a guess that Bush will lose big
time among active troops.

Second, I'd also venture a guess that veterans would probably cotton to
Kerry before Bush. Kerry went to war and fought gallantly while Bush
enjoyed his exclusive status as a political scion.

I expect most veterans can feel that in their bones.

NOT THIS VETERAN!!!!!!!! I am absolutely 100%,dyed-in-the-wool, Pro-Bush, all
the way!!!!!

Rather mindless of you.

You want to talk to two of my brothers-in-law? They were over in Vietnam and
fought, survived, and came home. There were countless stories going around
among all the services. I can tell you this... Kerry is *DESPISED* by Vietnam
vets!!

Yeah, especially the thousands of them who support his candidacy.

A lump of coal for Bush NOYB General 3 February 21st 04 07:01 AM
OT--An interesting piece on Bush NOYB General 28 February 12th 04 01:54 PM