Don White

Me wrote:
Lablatt, Molson and Moosehead are too similar to Budweiser, the only good
beer I had in Canada was a beer called "I P A" it stands for India Pale
Ale. It is a great ale with a very hoppy flavor.

here's a bit of history for you...the reason India Pale Ale was
developed. http://www.keiths.ca/k_theman/k_theman_ipa.htm
Jim Carter

"basskisser" wrote in message
ups.com...

Jim Carter wrote:
When I am on "The Boat" a very cold Labatt Blue is just paradise! (
it's NOT Labatt's or Labatts )
James Carter

Now, you can send Fritz and Calif Bill to the Labatt website. You can
also CONTACT a Labatt representitive about the Labatt vs. Labatt's
issue, and show them the official reply, even have them look at a
bottle, and they STILL don't have the grey matter to figure out they
are wrong!

Well Mr. Basskisser, I don't have to send them to the web site of the Labatt
Company. I know for sure that the correct name of the beer is "Labatt
Blue" because a very good friend of mine, ( the next boat to mine at my
Marina ) is an account executive for Labatt Company and I had mentioned this
groups' difference of opinion and he told me the correct answer. "Labatt
Blue" no " s " in there at all!

Jim Carter

Don White

John H wrote:

When I drank, I thought Moosehead was the best beer on this side of the
Atlantic.

snip....

I stopped drinking Moosehead after they closed their local brewery
across the harbour. Now all their beer comes from Saint John in New
Brunswick. A couple of years ago they actually sold their interest in
our local QMJHL hockey team, the 'Halifax Mooseheads'. They still have
some sponsorship arrangement as their logo is on the front of the team's
jerseys. http://mooseheads.ns.sympatico.ca/
Me

Nice history lesson, the kind one can remember.

IPA will never be confused with Budweiser, it is a beer with some flavor to
it. If you get Sierra Nevada in Halifax check out their IPA, even a little
more hops than the Canadian IPA I had.

"Don White" wrote in message
Me wrote:
Lablatt, Molson and Moosehead are too similar to Budweiser, the only good
beer I had in Canada was a beer called "I P A" it stands for India Pale
Ale. It is a great ale with a very hoppy flavor.

here's a bit of history for you...the reason India Pale Ale was developed.
http://www.keiths.ca/k_theman/k_theman_ipa.htm

basskisser

Me wrote:
Lablatt, Molson and Moosehead are too similar to Budweiser, the only

good
beer I had in Canada was a beer called "I P A" it stands for India

Pale
Ale. It is a great ale with a very hoppy flavor.

Jeez, here we go. Sorry, but I.P.A. is a TYPE of beer, not a brand
name. There are many, many thousands of brands of I.P.A.'s. Try Sierra
Nevada Pale Ale, one of the best, and has won many awards. By the way,
Labatt is nothing like the swill commonly known as Budwieser. Molson
Golden Ale is close to it, though. Moosehead isn't a favorite of mine,
too skunky.

basskisser

P.Fritz wrote:
"John H" wrote in message
On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 16:32:09 GMT, Don White

wrote:

Me wrote:
Don,
It is Labatt Blue, not Labatts Blue.

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself.

All right...when we were young we just referred to Labatt, Molson

etc
collectively as 'Montreal beer'. In those days Montreal beer cost

more
than the local stuff...(Olands, Keiths, Schooner, Moosehead,

Alpine etc).

When I drank, I thought Moosehead was the best beer on this side of

the
Atlantic. When in Europe, I loved Pilsner Urquell (the export

version)
from
Czechoslovakia. In Czechoslovakia, Pilsner Urquell is atrocious,

and the
export
version couldn't be bought.

Those were the good ole days.

Nothing like a pint of Guiness in Dublin...............

For a stout, Guiness is just so-so, next time, try a Beamish, or even a
Murphy's

Me

India Pale Ale, also known as "IPA" is a type of beer. There was a
microbrewer in Canada, whose name for their Indian Pale Ale was "I P A".
Wish I could remember the name of the microbrewer, but I think I killed that
brain cell drinking an I P A.

"basskisser" wrote in message
oups.com...

Me wrote:
Lablatt, Molson and Moosehead are too similar to Budweiser, the only

good
beer I had in Canada was a beer called "I P A" it stands for India

Pale
Ale. It is a great ale with a very hoppy flavor.

Jeez, here we go. Sorry, but I.P.A. is a TYPE of beer, not a brand
name. There are many, many thousands of brands of I.P.A.'s. Try Sierra
Nevada Pale Ale, one of the best, and has won many awards. By the way,
Labatt is nothing like the swill commonly known as Budwieser. Molson
Golden Ale is close to it, though. Moosehead isn't a favorite of mine,
too skunky.

basskisser

Me wrote:
India Pale Ale, also known as "IPA" is a type of beer. There was a
microbrewer in Canada, whose name for their Indian Pale Ale was "I P

A".
Wish I could remember the name of the microbrewer, but I think I

killed that
brain cell drinking an I P A.

There are IPA's that do that right here, but again, they'll say
something like
Red Hook
IPA
etc. Which, by the way, is a pretty decent one, other than the one I
brew, which is a Sierra Nevada clone.

Me wrote:
Lablatt, Molson and Moosehead are too similar to Budweiser, the

only
good
beer I had in Canada was a beer called "I P A" it stands for

India
Pale
Ale. It is a great ale with a very hoppy flavor.

Jeez, here we go. Sorry, but I.P.A. is a TYPE of beer, not a brand
name. There are many, many thousands of brands of I.P.A.'s. Try

Sierra
Nevada Pale Ale, one of the best, and has won many awards. By the

way,
Labatt is nothing like the swill commonly known as Budwieser.

Molson
Golden Ale is close to it, though. Moosehead isn't a favorite of

mine,
too skunky.

basskisser

(
[...]

How true, Jim! The official response is that in 1973, they decided to
drop the "s" because of their widening sales, it gets confusing in
different languages.

basskisser

Me wrote:
Nice history lesson, the kind one can remember.

IPA will never be confused with Budweiser, it is a beer with some

flavor to
it. If you get Sierra Nevada in Halifax check out their IPA, even a

little
more hops than the Canadian IPA I had.

One of the few things I liked about California was that most bars have
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale on draft. If you like that, you'll also like
their wheat beer, it's very good.

1st president George not impressed by Halifax Don White General 39 January 17th 05 08:33 PM
Halifax Bluenose II Bob Crantz ASA 1 November 13th 04 03:16 PM
Boat Pic's from Halifax Storm sv \Sensoria\ ASA 10 October 5th 03 01:58 AM
More Halifax Storm Pic's sv \Sensoria\ ASA 1 October 1st 03 05:10 PM
Lights are out in Halifax: Martin Baxter ASA 2 September 29th 03 03:36 PM