Don White

Default 1st president George not impressed by Halifax

Interesting article in todays paper.
After George W. getting a Maritime welcome last fall in Halifax, letters
have been found written by George Washington showing dismay at the way
loyalists treated here.
see http://www.herald.ns.ca/stories/2005.../f265.raw.html

JimH

"Don White" wrote in message
Interesting article in todays paper.
After George W. getting a Maritime welcome last fall in Halifax, letters
have been found written by George Washington showing dismay at the way
loyalists treated here.
see http://www.herald.ns.ca/stories/2005.../f265.raw.html

From your link
"A letter by George Washington portraying Halifax as a fate worse than
death......"

True in 1776. True now.

Don White

"JimH" wrote in message

From your link
"A letter by George Washington portraying Halifax as a fate worse than
death......"

True in 1776. True now.

I knew you'd enjoy that link. We've come a long way since then.

NOYB

"A letter by George Washington portraying Halifax as a fate worse than
death... "

Haven't I been saying that?

Don White

"NOYB" wrote in message
"A letter by George Washington portraying Halifax as a fate worse than
death... "

Haven't I been saying that?

We just couldn't keep the snobby Bostonians in the style they had become
accustomed to! Halifax was a garrison town/naval port....no place for lace
hankies.

JimH

"Don White" wrote in message

"NOYB" wrote in message
"A letter by George Washington portraying Halifax as a fate worse than
death... "

Haven't I been saying that?

We just couldn't keep the snobby Bostonians in the style they had become
accustomed to! Halifax was a garrison town/naval port....no place for lace
hankies.

Maybe you can also post a link to an article Washington wrote about how ugly
the women were and how stupid the men were in Hellifux. We know those
things to be true today.

Don White

"JimH" wrote in message

Maybe you can also post a link to an article Washington wrote about how

ugly
the women were and how stupid the men were in Hellifux. We know those
things to be true today.

I thought you weren't going to insult me anymore. You have trouble keeping
your word? Is this a common trait in Cleveland?

Don White

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

He obviously hadn't envisioned Cleveland...

Good point. I wonder what Cleveland was in 1776? A place where the
Indians took a crap before heading out on the lake?

JimH

"Don White" wrote in message

"JimH" wrote in message

Maybe you can also post a link to an article Washington wrote about how

ugly
the women were and how stupid the men were in Hellifux. We know those
things to be true today.

I thought you weren't going to insult me anymore. You have trouble
keeping
your word? Is this a common trait in Cleveland?

First of all I did not insult you.

Secondly I guess you forgot.....I offered a truce, which you promptly
rejected.

Understand or should I explain it to you again?

JimH

"Don White" wrote in message

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

He obviously hadn't envisioned Cleveland...

Good point. I wonder what Cleveland was in 1776? A place where the
Indians took a crap before heading out on the lake?

Indeed it was an Indian habitat in 1776. The Erie, Chippewa, Ottawa and
Delaware tribes made their home here.

Cleveland is now home to world renowned and first class medical providers,
fine arts museums, colleges, sports teams and amusement parks. It is
located on the southern shores of Lake Erie, providing boating, fishing and
swimming activities. Additionally it is the home of the Rock and Roll Hall
of Fame and has often been listed as one of the top 100 places to live.

You and Harry are obviously quite ignorant about what Cleveland has to
offer. But that is not unexpected. ;-)

Notorious Leftwing Rag Publishes Article about Kerry jps General 2 August 7th 04 07:17 AM
Bwahaha! Bye Bye Bushy! Bobsprit ASA 1 June 18th 04 10:37 PM
The Bush Transcript...well, sort of. NOYB General 1 February 12th 04 03:46 AM