Ernie

Default Appeal to Rec.boats Participants

Please, use this newsgroup for recreational boats. By what I've seen this
morning it's more about Bush, world economy, bigots, jobs overseas,
political humor, etc. rather than boats. It's getting completely out of
hand. Please fellows, there must other newsgroups that cover these subjects
and if not, form your own. It would help the rest of us.

--
Ernie

Everyone dies, but not everyone lives.
A. Sachs

Short Wave Sportfishing

On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 13:27:38 GMT, "Ernie"
wrote:

Please, use this newsgroup for recreational boats. By what I've seen this
morning it's more about Bush, world economy, bigots, jobs overseas,
political humor, etc. rather than boats. It's getting completely out of
hand. Please fellows, there must other newsgroups that cover these subjects
and if not, form your own. It would help the rest of us.

Damn straight.

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT
----------
"My rod and my reel - they comfort me."

St. Pete, 12 Lb. Test
NetSock

Give it up.

The rude and inconsiderate will continue to post OT here regardless of
Usenet etiquette and rules...their just not that smart.

Use a kill file and a key-word filter. That's what I do, and it works great.
I get 100% boating related threads, and never "see" all the OT garbage, and
the people that fuel it.

It's just about going fast...that's all...

http://home.insight.rr.com/cgreen/
"Ernie" wrote in message
Please, use this newsgroup for recreational boats. By what I've seen this
morning it's more about Bush, world economy, bigots, jobs overseas,
political humor, etc. rather than boats. It's getting completely out of
hand. Please fellows, there must other newsgroups that cover these

subjects
and if not, form your own. It would help the rest of us.

--
Ernie

Everyone dies, but not everyone lives.
A. Sachs

JDavis1277

Agree, they're not.

Butch

NetSock wrote: snip.their just not that smart.snip

dp

Well, the only thing I can say is this group is not alone. EVERY group
seems to be spammed like crazy, about everything BUT what the newsgroup is
about. Heck, I wouldn't mind seeing a few boating related spams, if nothing
else to drown out the steady political drum beat. I'm going to get on some
poliitical newsgroups and start posting about boats.

-b

"Ernie" wrote in message
Please, use this newsgroup for recreational boats. By what I've seen this
morning it's more about Bush, world economy, bigots, jobs overseas,
political humor, etc. rather than boats. It's getting completely out of
hand. Please fellows, there must other newsgroups that cover these

subjects
and if not, form your own. It would help the rest of us.

--
Ernie

Everyone dies, but not everyone lives.
A. Sachs

Short Wave Sportfishing

On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 15:19:02 GMT, "dp" wrote:

Well, the only thing I can say is this group is not alone. EVERY group
seems to be spammed like crazy, about everything BUT what the newsgroup is
about. Heck, I wouldn't mind seeing a few boating related spams, if nothing
else to drown out the steady political drum beat. I'm going to get on some
poliitical newsgroups and start posting about boats.

ROTFLMAO!!!!

Tell you what - pick a group and a subject and let's go for it. I'm
with you.

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT
----------
"My rod and my reel - they comfort me."

St. Pete, 12 Lb. Test
Short Wave Sportfishing

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 09:45:05 -0500, "NetSock"
wrote:

Give it up.

The rude and inconsiderate will continue to post OT here regardless of
Usenet etiquette and rules...their just not that smart.

Use a kill file and a key-word filter. That's what I do, and it works great.
I get 100% boating related threads, and never "see" all the OT garbage, and
the people that fuel it.

It's just about going fast...that's all...

What newsreader are you using for scoring the posts?

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT
----------
"My rod and my reel - they comfort me."

St. Pete, 12 Lb. Test

NetSock

Well...I should have said I filter out 100% of OT posts, and those people
who fuel them.

I do have to "add" to the list on occasion as well...I stand corrected.

Take care.
-

wrote:

Give it up.

The rude and inconsiderate will continue to post OT here regardless of
Usenet etiquette and rules...their just not that smart.

Use a kill file and a key-word filter. That's what I do, and it works

great.
I get 100% boating related threads, and never "see" all the OT garbage,

and
the people that fuel it.

"I get 100% boating related threads" ???

So, Christopher, how is it that you saw this thread??

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Southport, NC.

http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/cavern/

Homepage
http://www.southharbourvillage.com/directions.asp Where

Southport,NC is located.
http://www.southharbourvillage.com/autoupdater.htm Real Time

Pictures at My Marina
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats Rec.boats

at Lee Yeaton's Bayguide

LaBomba182

Subject: Appeal to Rec.boats Participants
From: "Ernie"

Please, use this newsgroup for recreational boats.

10 OT posts about OT posts.

Nothing like a good old OT whiner circle jerk to keep the OT whiners happy.

Capt. Bill

the boats of rec.boats - site update Lee Yeaton General 4 January 10th 04 03:49 PM
Proposed: "PREAMBLE TO REC.BOATS FAQ" JohnH General 1 December 21st 03 06:54 PM
Proposed: "Preamble to FAQ- rec.boats" news_admin General 1 December 14th 03 03:19 PM
Obit: rec.boats Joe Parsons General 36 November 9th 03 07:30 PM
On-Topic: rec.boats FAQ noah General 11 September 29th 03 02:38 AM