Lloyd Sumpter

Default Continuing Saga of Far Cove's Engine

Hi,
I know nobody wants to talk boats here, but here goes...

Took Far Cove out today to see if adjusting the stop lever solved the low-rpm
problem. Got just outside the marina, opened it up a bit, and noticed I was
going slower. Long story short: Forward gear is hosed. I ended up backing all
the way back to my slip (fortunately there was absulutely no wind or tide, so I
could crawl).

So, I guess Far Cove has decided for me: it's a New Engine (with Trans) as
soon as I can get it. The dealer (Atomic Four Engine Service) said he will take
the old engine in trade - donno if he wants to see it running. If not, I'll
probably pull the old engine over the holidays so I can get started on
rebuilding the stringers.

So...anybody need a handyman looking for a Few Bux in Vancouver? (I'd sell my
body, but that would only get me about $1.95...)

Lloyd Sumpter
"Far Cove" Catalina 36

Harry Krause

Lloyd Sumpter wrote:

[...]

$1.95 Canadian? How much is that in real money?
Merry Solstice, Lloyd.

--
Email sent to is never read.

bb

On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 15:22:33 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

$1.95 Canadian? How much is that in real money?

I don't think Canadian dollars actually convert to real money.

bb

Harry Krause

wrote:

$1.95 Canadian? How much is that in real money?

I don't think Canadian dollars actually convert to real money.

bb

Actually, I've been kidding Lloyd and a couple of other Canadians about
their "funny money" for years. I have no idea of what it actually *is*
worth (in real dollars, of course). When I go to Canada, I pay with
plastic or with small U.S. bills for really minor, cheap items (a pack
of gum or toothpaste) items, and I don't attend closely to the change.
The first time I went to Mexico many many years ago, I was getting
kazillions of pesos in exchange for my Yankee dollars, but, of course,
everything cost kazillions of pesos.

--
Email sent to is never read.
Don White

The Royal Bank says it now takes 77.62 US pennies to purchase one Canadian
loonie.
Not too long ago it was about 65 pennies.
Pretty soon it will be worth my while to travel to L.L. Beans in Freeport
Maine and pickup an 'original field coat'.

wrote:

$1.95 Canadian? How much is that in real money?

I don't think Canadian dollars actually convert to real money.

bb

Actually, I've been kidding Lloyd and a couple of other Canadians about
their "funny money" for years. I have no idea of what it actually *is*
worth (in real dollars, of course). When I go to Canada, I pay with
plastic or with small U.S. bills for really minor, cheap items (a pack
of gum or toothpaste) items, and I don't attend closely to the change.
The first time I went to Mexico many many years ago, I was getting
kazillions of pesos in exchange for my Yankee dollars, but, of course,
everything cost kazillions of pesos.

--
Email sent to is never read.

Harry Krause

Don White wrote:

The Royal Bank says it now takes 77.62 US pennies to purchase one Canadian
loonie.
Not too long ago it was about 65 pennies.
Pretty soon it will be worth my while to travel to L.L. Beans in Freeport
Maine and pickup an 'original field coat'.

I'm heading over to LL Bean tomorrow (we have a store in nearby
Virginia) to look for a nice buy on a coat. That's one under consideration.

Maybe I can pay in zloties left over from my trouble-making days in Poland.

--
Email sent to is never read.
Don White

Let me know what you think of it and which of the three models you look at.
They have the lightweight lining, the wool mid weight removable liner and
the permaloft liner suitable for winter.

Don White wrote:

The Royal Bank says it now takes 77.62 US pennies to purchase one

Canadian
loonie.
Not too long ago it was about 65 pennies.
Pretty soon it will be worth my while to travel to L.L. Beans in

Freeport
Maine and pickup an 'original field coat'.

I'm heading over to LL Bean tomorrow (we have a store in nearby
Virginia) to look for a nice buy on a coat. That's one under

consideration.

Maybe I can pay in zloties left over from my trouble-making days in

Poland.

--
Email sent to is never read.

bb

On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 23:41:50 GMT, "Don White"
wrote:

Don't look over your shoulder...we're gaining on you!
(same as most other currencies)

Not to worry, eh. We're gonna re-elect Bush then he'll strighten out
all he screwed up his first four years. Didn't you hear, huge budget
deficits are good? America, always leading the way.

bb