Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lloyd Sumpter

Default Continuing Saga of Far Cove's Engine

Hi,
I know nobody wants to talk boats here, but here goes...

Took Far Cove out today to see if adjusting the stop lever solved the low-rpm
problem. Got just outside the marina, opened it up a bit, and noticed I was
going slower. Long story short: Forward gear is hosed. I ended up backing all
the way back to my slip (fortunately there was absulutely no wind or tide, so I
could crawl).

So, I guess Far Cove has decided for me: it's a New Engine (with Trans) as
soon as I can get it. The dealer (Atomic Four Engine Service) said he will take
the old engine in trade - donno if he wants to see it running. If not, I'll
probably pull the old engine over the holidays so I can get started on
rebuilding the stringers.

So...anybody need a handyman looking for a Few Bux in Vancouver? (I'd sell my
body, but that would only get me about $1.95...)

Lloyd Sumpter
"Far Cove" Catalina 36