Don White

Default Continuing Saga of Far Cove's Engine

The Royal Bank says it now takes 77.62 US pennies to purchase one Canadian
loonie.
Not too long ago it was about 65 pennies.
Pretty soon it will be worth my while to travel to L.L. Beans in Freeport
Maine and pickup an 'original field coat'.

Harry Krause wrote in message
Don White wrote:

Don't look over your shoulder...we're gaining on you!
(same as most other currencies)

bb wrote in message
On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 15:22:33 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

$1.95 Canadian? How much is that in real money?

I don't think Canadian dollars actually convert to real money.

bb

Actually, I've been kidding Lloyd and a couple of other Canadians about
their "funny money" for years. I have no idea of what it actually *is*
worth (in real dollars, of course). When I go to Canada, I pay with
plastic or with small U.S. bills for really minor, cheap items (a pack
of gum or toothpaste) items, and I don't attend closely to the change.
The first time I went to Mexico many many years ago, I was getting
kazillions of pesos in exchange for my Yankee dollars, but, of course,
everything cost kazillions of pesos.

--
Email sent to is never read.