Harry Krause

Default Bay Water Temp: 52F

In case anyone cares, the water temp on our little part of Chesapeake
Bay was 52F earlier this morning. I took Bob the bobcat for a walk down
near Plum Point, and he showed no interest in any of little lifeforms at
water's edge.

The onset of winter...sucks.

--
Email sent to is never read.
JAMSK

I think all northerners would agree with you.
The temp in Massachusetts Bay is too cold to report to you all. The boat's
on the jack stands, shrink wrapped and winterized. The marina slips are
empty, the mooring fields are empty and the water is dark midnight blue. I
got disgusted this year with the wet spring, some mechanical problems and
the start of cold weather so I put the boat up for sale. That lasted for a
week and I regained my senses. I'm not ready for a summer without boating,
at least not yet.

So, I started the winter ritual. I went to the boat yard and walked around
my shrink wrapped hull. I walked to water's edge and looked at my "patch of
water" at the slip.

Why do we do these things???

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
In case anyone cares, the water temp on our little part of Chesapeake
Bay was 52F earlier this morning. I took Bob the bobcat for a walk down
near Plum Point, and he showed no interest in any of little lifeforms at
water's edge.

The onset of winter...sucks.

--
Email sent to is never read.

Harry Krause

JAMSK wrote:

I think all northerners would agree with you.
The temp in Massachusetts Bay is too cold to report to you all. The boat's
on the jack stands, shrink wrapped and winterized. The marina slips are
empty, the mooring fields are empty and the water is dark midnight blue. I
got disgusted this year with the wet spring, some mechanical problems and
the start of cold weather so I put the boat up for sale. That lasted for a
week and I regained my senses. I'm not ready for a summer without boating,
at least not yet.

So, I started the winter ritual. I went to the boat yard and walked around
my shrink wrapped hull. I walked to water's edge and looked at my "patch of
water" at the slip.

Why do we do these things???

Hey. I lived in NE Florida for almost six years, and then moved back
north. I must have been trying out for the lead role in the remake of
Forest Gump.

What do you pay for shrink-wrapping up there? We're between $10 and $11
a foot in the Bay area down in Maryland.

--
Email sent to is never read.
Eisboch

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
In case anyone cares, the water temp on our little part of Chesapeake
Bay was 52F earlier this morning. I took Bob the bobcat for a walk down
near Plum Point, and he showed no interest in any of little lifeforms at
water's edge.

The onset of winter...sucks.

--
Email sent to is never read.

Took a ride down to the Burt Reynolds park this morning and thought about
launching the Scout for a day on the ICW. Decided it was a little nippy for
that - only 72 degrees today. Think I'll wait until next week when the
warmer weather returns.

Eisboch

(not missing the NE at all)

Harry Krause

Eisboch wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
In case anyone cares, the water temp on our little part of Chesapeake
Bay was 52F earlier this morning. I took Bob the bobcat for a walk down
near Plum Point, and he showed no interest in any of little lifeforms at
water's edge.

The onset of winter...sucks.

--
Email sent to is never read.

Took a ride down to the Burt Reynolds park this morning and thought about
launching the Scout for a day on the ICW. Decided it was a little nippy for
that - only 72 degrees today. Think I'll wait until next week when the
warmer weather returns.

Eisboch

(not missing the NE at all)

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrr.

Well, you're a deserving fellow.

--
Email sent to
is never read.

Doug Kanter

"F330 GT" wrote in message

Well, I hate to spoil the misery for you Northerners but I actually went

out
fishing Thanksgiving morning. Up at 5 and out the Palm Beach inlet at 6.

We
were targeting wahoo with wire lines and a couple of rods with cigar

sinkers.
Even with the 3 to 4 foot seas it was a wonderful morning. No wahoo but a
couple of barracudas and bonitas to break up the monotony. Home at 11 to

start
the Thanksgiving dinner.

With the first cold front coming through yesterday, live baiting for

sailfish
is right around the corner. My favorite fishing time of the year.

Barry

Hasn't been THAT bad. I was in Long Island from Thursday through Saturday.
On Thursday, it was sunny and around 60F. Went to the beach just to hear
waves, but didn't bring fishing tackle. Since I'd have noplace to cook fish,
why annoy them? But, there were a dozen guys surfcasting. Two of them caught
gorgeous striped bass. I was chatting with one guy who didn't catch. He had
a theory that it's not good to fish where the birds were hitting the water,
but to go where you think they're headed next. Didn't work, and he didn't
change his tactics even after seeing his neighbors hammer two lunkers.

Wayne.B

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 11:55:51 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:
What do you pay for shrink-wrapping up there? We're between $10 and $11
a foot in the Bay area down in Maryland.

======================================

That's a good price. It cost me $800 to get my Bertram 33 shrink
wrapped in Stamford, CT.

Was at the beach on Sanibel Island yesterday. The day started a bit
chilly but the afternoon was in the 70s and water temperature in the
Gulf is still mid 70s. Not missing the NE at all, sold the house in
Westchester last week, and Cape Coral, FL is looking real good.

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/hoonosehoo2003

Harry Krause

wrote:
What do you pay for shrink-wrapping up there? We're between $10 and $11
a foot in the Bay area down in Maryland.

======================================

That's a good price. It cost me $800 to get my Bertram 33 shrink
wrapped in Stamford, CT.

Was at the beach on Sanibel Island yesterday. The day started a bit
chilly but the afternoon was in the 70s and water temperature in the
Gulf is still mid 70s. Not missing the NE at all, sold the house in
Westchester last week, and Cape Coral, FL is looking real good.

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/hoonosehoo2003

I think I mentioned, there's a 33 for sale up in Deale, near us. I
haven't been aboard, but the hull looks sound, at least from the
outside. Price is under $100,000. You think it is worth a gander? It's
got the 454's. If I recall, it is a late 80's model.

--
Email sent to is never read.