Doug Kanter

Default Bay Water Temp: 52F

"F330 GT" wrote in message

Well, I hate to spoil the misery for you Northerners but I actually went

out
fishing Thanksgiving morning. Up at 5 and out the Palm Beach inlet at 6.

We
were targeting wahoo with wire lines and a couple of rods with cigar

sinkers.
Even with the 3 to 4 foot seas it was a wonderful morning. No wahoo but a
couple of barracudas and bonitas to break up the monotony. Home at 11 to

start
the Thanksgiving dinner.

With the first cold front coming through yesterday, live baiting for

sailfish
is right around the corner. My favorite fishing time of the year.

Barry

Hasn't been THAT bad. I was in Long Island from Thursday through Saturday.
On Thursday, it was sunny and around 60F. Went to the beach just to hear
waves, but didn't bring fishing tackle. Since I'd have noplace to cook fish,
why annoy them? But, there were a dozen guys surfcasting. Two of them caught
gorgeous striped bass. I was chatting with one guy who didn't catch. He had
a theory that it's not good to fish where the birds were hitting the water,
but to go where you think they're headed next. Didn't work, and he didn't
change his tactics even after seeing his neighbors hammer two lunkers.