-rick-

Default Bay Water Temp: 52F

"Wayne.B" wrote...

Was at the beach on Sanibel Island yesterday. The day started a bit
chilly but the afternoon was in the 70s and water temperature in the
Gulf is still mid 70s. Not missing the NE at all, sold the house in
Westchester last week, and Cape Coral, FL is looking real good.

Hey Wayne... I'll be on Sanibel for about a week in mid January. Any
recommendations for a day trip fishing charter or boat rental? Any general
boating/fishing advise for a tourist from the northwest ignorant of your
local species and techniques?

-rick-

Wayne.B

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 23:16:27 GMT, "Don White"
wrote:

You're in tricky area there. Be very careful when looking for a dentist.

=================

Yes, I'll be careful before I drill down on that.

=================

Wayne.B wrote in message Was at the
beach on Sanibel Island yesterday. The day started a bit
chilly but the afternoon was in the 70s and water temperature in the
Gulf is still mid 70s. Not missing the NE at all, sold the house in
Westchester last week, and Cape Coral, FL is looking real good.

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/hoonosehoo2003

Frank Taylor, Jr.

Yep, its that time of the year. I was out on Lake Lanier today just north
of Atlanta. The water temp gauge in the boat said 58 degrees. It was nice
until the sun started going down. Then it started getting a little too
chilly so I headed back to shore.

Can't wait for spring to return.

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
In case anyone cares, the water temp on our little part of Chesapeake
Bay was 52F earlier this morning. I took Bob the bobcat for a walk down
near Plum Point, and he showed no interest in any of little lifeforms at
water's edge.

The onset of winter...sucks.

--
Email sent to is never read.

Harry Krause

Frank Taylor, Jr. wrote:

Yep, its that time of the year. I was out on Lake Lanier today just north
of Atlanta. The water temp gauge in the boat said 58 degrees. It was nice
until the sun started going down. Then it started getting a little too
chilly so I headed back to shore.

Can't wait for spring to return.

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
In case anyone cares, the water temp on our little part of Chesapeake
Bay was 52F earlier this morning. I took Bob the bobcat for a walk down
near Plum Point, and he showed no interest in any of little lifeforms at
water's edge.

The onset of winter...sucks.

--
Email sent to is never read.

Me, either. Bobcat has spent virtually the entire day in his basket in
front of the fireplace. A veritable bobcat roasting by the open fire. I
think he opened an eye...once.

--
Email sent to
is never read.
Wayne.B

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 18:04:28 -0800, "-rick-" wrote:
Hey Wayne... I'll be on Sanibel for about a week in mid January. Any
recommendations for a day trip fishing charter or boat rental? Any general
boating/fishing advise for a tourist from the northwest ignorant of your
local species and techniques?

===============================

I'm a new comer here myself and just starting to learn my way around,
but one of my neighbors here in Cape Coral is a professional charter
boat captain and also has a rental fleet. I'll be glad to put you in
touch if you'd like. There is also a boat rental and fishing
operation near the north end of Captiva Island which is just up the
road from Sanibel and would be closer for you. I'll try to get the
name and number if you're interested, or perhaps someone else on
rec.boats knows the place.

Wayne.B

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 22:01:20 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:
Me, either. Bobcat has spent virtually the entire day in his basket in
front of the fireplace. A veritable bobcat roasting by the open fire. I
think he opened an eye...once.

==============================

Harry, how about posting some pictures of Bob? He sounds interesting
and might fit right in here.

Harry Krause

wrote:
Me, either. Bobcat has spent virtually the entire day in his basket in
front of the fireplace. A veritable bobcat roasting by the open fire. I
think he opened an eye...once.

==============================

Harry, how about posting some pictures of Bob? He sounds interesting
and might fit right in here.

I'll ask him.

--
Email sent to is never read.
Bob

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 11:11:09 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

In case anyone cares, the water temp on our little part of Chesapeake
Bay was 52F earlier this morning. I took Bob the bobcat for a walk down
near Plum Point, and he showed no interest in any of little lifeforms at
water's edge.

The onset of winter...sucks.

was on duty at CG station sandy hook this weekend. gale warnings, and
the only boat that was within operational limits with the storm was
the 47' motor lifeboat.

you're right. winter sucks.

to see who "wf3h" is, go to "qrz.com"
and enter 'wf3h' in the field