Default grills on boats

Just received my new Magma Kettle grill. Had I known the grease collection pan was so poorly designed, I would have never considered buying it. You risk spilling the grease in the lake or on your boat removing the grill. Then on top of that you have to disassemble the grill to not only access, and empty the grease from the small grease pan. Then to clean the grill you have to completely take it apart. I would not recomend anyone to buy one of these grills. The grease pan should be easy to remove and clean!w. Who wants to have to take apart your grill every it's used, and still risk spilling the grease in the lake or in or on your boat in doing so?
Tim Tim is offline

I’m thinking on putting a gas grill on my pontoon. One that hangs over the railing kinda like a dog n suds tray

On Sun, 31 May 2020 11:51:19 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Just received my new Magma Kettle grill. Had I known the grease collection pan was so poorly designed, I would have never considered buying it. You risk spilling the grease in the lake or on your boat removing the grill. Then on top of that you have to disassemble the grill to not only access, and empty the grease from the small grease pan. Then to clean the grill you have to completely take it apart. I would not recomend anyone to buy one of these grills. The grease pan should be easy to remove and clean!w. Who wants to have to take apart your grill every it's used, and still risk spilling the grease in the lake or in or on your boat in doing so?

I understand nobody wants to drop anything in the water but animal fat
is not particularly bad. It isn't a petrochemical and the fish will
eat it.

On Sun, 31 May 2020 14:42:20 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

[...]

I had one on my pontoon made from a beer keg cut in half but I ended
up making a stand for it so we could use it on the beach. Grilling on
the boat wasn't all that great. I had one made from an 30 gal oil drum
we had on our DC raft race raft.

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Becky%20Grilling.jpg

On Sun, 31 May 2020 18:57:02 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

Looks like it’s doing the job . I don’t need anything bug. Just something for maybe 4 people etc. like maybe something like this or one if it’s Varients
https://www.acehardware.com/departme...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

===

The price is right.

For anyone with a generator on the boat I'd recommend a George Foreman
electric grill. They are easy to clean up and in 5 minutes will cook
one of the best steaks you've ever eaten. And it's one less fuel on
the boat to worry about.

I got one for the house a few years ago and haven't used the propane
grill since.

===

https://www.avg.com

On Sun, 31 May 2020 18:57:02 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

Looks like it’s doing the job . I don’t need anything bug. Just something for maybe 4 people etc. like maybe something like this or one if it’s Varients
https://www.acehardware.com/departme...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

On Sun, 31 May 2020 14:42:20 -0700 (PDT), Tim
I had one on my pontoon made from a beer keg cut in half but I ended
up making a stand for it so we could use it on the beach. Grilling on
the boat wasn't all that great. I had one made from an 30 gal oil drum
we had on our DC raft race raft.

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Becky%20Grilling.jpg

We had a charcoal version of that grill. Great for boating because we could put
the charcoal in it and take it with. A gas one should be great.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

Grills Skip Gundlach Cruising 8 October 29th 06 05:14 PM
Gas Grills *JimH* General 29 July 25th 05 01:01 PM
OPD Valve Question (Grills) Synonymous Cruising 3 July 14th 04 01:17 PM
Magna Grills are safer than the force 10 Grills Joe ASA 1 June 3rd 04 05:01 AM
BBQ Grills???? Bobsprit ASA 3 May 18th 04 01:34 AM