Default Abrogate the 14th?

On 10/31/18 12:16 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 31 Oct 2018 06:43:34 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 10/30/18 10:09 PM,
wrote:
On Tue, 30 Oct 2018 15:10:33 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

POTUS Pig Vomit wants to kill the 14th Amendment, the one that says:

"???Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and
subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States
and of the State wherein they reside."

You just know that Orange Asshole has never read the Constitution and if
he does ever read it, he won't understand it.

Trump is not the first one to question what "Under the jurisdiction of
the US" really means. I heard it discussed in the 90s when Clinton was
on the anti immigration bandwagon and it has popped up a number of
times since then.

Did Clinton suggest abrogating the 14th via Executive Order?

You consistently miss the forest to bite on a tree.

Maybe not Clinton personally (I never heard him say either way) but
there was a lot of discussion about the same question we are having
today. What does "under the jurisdiction" really mean?
If we did not have such a feckless legislature they would have written
a decent immigration bill sometime in the last 80 years but they
haven't.
Unfortunately in their absence it will come down to what 5 people in
the SCOTUS decide.

I'd be surprised if the lower federal courts or the Supremes even took
up the case. The first sentence of the article is perfectly clear.

On Wed, 31 Oct 2018 13:07:32 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 10/31/18 12:16 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 31 Oct 2018 06:43:34 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

The first sentence of the 1st amendment is pretty clear too but the
interpretation is more far ranging so who knows what the courts might
make of it.
Realistically this is a question for the legislature, that has the
responsibility to "To establish an uniform rule of naturalization"
Section 8 (4)
They are the ones who made up the law that says any child of a
citizen is a citizen. The Constitution is silent on that. It certainly
makes sense that they could more narrowly define what the 14th
amendment is saying, much like you want them to define what the 2d
amendment says.
We let the courts run amok with the 1st amendment and you see where
that ended up. KOCHPAC is now a "person" with full 1st amendment
rights.

Keyser Soze wrote:
On 10/31/18 12:16 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 31 Oct 2018 06:43:34 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Yes, very clear. And the illegals are they under the jurisdiction? The
courts do not take it, the executive order stands. Hope you survive the
apoplexy.

On 10/31/18 1:53 PM, Bill wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
On 10/31/18 12:16 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 31 Oct 2018 06:43:34 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Oh, if Pig Vomit promulgates it, an immediate suit will be filed
against it, the court will rule against Pig Vomit, and the higher
courts will let the ruling stand.

On 10/31/2018 1:57 PM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 10/31/18 1:53 PM, Bill wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
On 10/31/18 12:16 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 31 Oct 2018 06:43:34 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 10/30/18 10:09 PM,
wrote:
On Tue, 30 Oct 2018 15:10:33 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

POTUS Pig Vomit wants to kill the 14th Amendment, theÂ* one that
says:

"???Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United
States, and
subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United
States
and of the State wherein they reside."

You just know that Orange Asshole has never read the Constitution
and if
heÂ* does ever read it, heÂ* won't understand it.

Trump is not the first one to question what "Under the
jurisdiction of
the US" really means. I heard it discussed in the 90s when Clinton
was
on the anti immigration bandwagon and it has popped up a number of
times since then.

Did Clinton suggest abrogating the 14th via Executive Order?

You consistently miss the forest toÂ* bite on a tree.

Maybe not Clinton personally (I never heard him say either way) but
there was a lot of discussion about the same question we are having
today. What does "under the jurisdiction" really mean?
If we did not have such a feckless legislature they would have written
a decent immigration bill sometime in the last 80 years but they
haven't.
Unfortunately in their absence it will come down to what 5 people in
the SCOTUS decide.

I'd be surprised if the lower federal courts or the Supremes even took
up the case. The first sentence of the article is perfectly clear.

Yes, very clear.Â*Â* And the illegals are they under the jurisdiction?Â* The
courts do not take it, the executive order stands.Â* Hope you survive the
apoplexy.

Oh, if Pig Vomit promulgates it, anÂ* immediateÂ* suitÂ* will be filed
againstÂ* it, theÂ* courtÂ* will rule against Pig Vomit,Â* andÂ* the higher
courtsÂ* will let theÂ* ruling stand.

This whole matter has never been tested in a court including the SCOTUS.
New territory. Step one in getting the 14th clarified
is to do exactly what Trump is threatening to do since congress members
just sit on their hands trying to look pretty without taking a position
that may cost them a vote.

On 10/31/18 1:53 PM, Bill wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
On 10/31/18 12:16 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 31 Oct 2018 06:43:34 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Â*New territory.Â* Step one in getting the 14th clarified
is to do exactly what Trump is threatening to do since congress members
just sit on their hands trying to look pretty without taking a position
that may cost them a vote.

The 14th's first sentence says it all. It is perfectly clear. Trump's
interest is in revving up the right-wing, racist stupidos in his base
for the election. What is it about this plain English sentence you do
not understand:

On 10/31/18 1:53 PM, Bill wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
On 10/31/18 12:16 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 31 Oct 2018 06:43:34 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

SCOTUS. Â*Â*New territory.Â* Step one in getting the 14th clarified
is to do exactly what Trump is threatening to do since congress
members just sit on their hands trying to look pretty without taking a
position
that may cost them a vote.

The 14th's first sentence says it all. It is perfectly clear. Trump's
interest is in revving up the right-wing, racist stupidos in his base
for the election. What is it about this plain English sentence you do
not understand:

"Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United
States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the
United States and of the State wherein they reside."

The first sentence may say it all to you and many others but it doesn't
mean it says it all to everyone. It was enacted primarily to afford
citizenship to freed slaves. Legal scholars far more qualified than
you or I continue to debate if it is intended to apply to anyone born
here, especially of non-citizen parents and what, exactly, is meant by
"subject to the jurisdiction thereof".

You may have your sea-lawyer opinion and I might have a sea-lawyer
opinion that is not consistent with yours. Only a court challenge that
leads to a SCOTUS decision will clear it up.

On 10/31/18 1:53 PM, Bill wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
On 10/31/18 12:16 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 31 Oct 2018 06:43:34 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

jurisdiction? The
[...]

mean it says it all to everyone.Â*Â* It was enacted primarily to afford
citizenship to freed slaves. Legal scholars far more qualified than
you or I continue to debate if it is intended to apply to anyone born
here, especially of non-citizen parents and what, exactly, is meant by
"subject to the jurisdiction thereof".

You may have your sea-lawyer opinion and I might have a sea-lawyer
opinion that is not consistent with yours.Â*Â* Only a court challenge that
leads to a SCOTUS decision will clear it up.

I know the history of the 14th Amendment. It says what it means and
means what is says. After the election, Trump's "proposal" to EC its
end will end up where it belongs...on the trash pile.

Keyser Soze wrote:
On 10/31/18 1:53 PM, Bill wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
On 10/31/18 12:16 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 31 Oct 2018 06:43:34 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

So you are now a constitutional scholar?