Default Mailbox is Done!

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 15:18:21 -0400, John H.
wrote:

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 14:09:40 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 10/25/18 1:42 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 13:31:11 -0400, John H.
wrote:

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 16:32:18 -0400,
wrote:

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 16:01:36 -0400, John H.
wrote:

Thanks for all the ideas. Finally went with Sacrete, mixed a bit dry. Got the water out and kept the
hole dry with a shop vac. Worked like a champ. Here's the final product:

http://funkyimg.com/i/2Mqht.jpg

===

Looks good, nice job. Does the horizontal post have a half-lap join
with the vertical?

---
http://www.avg.com

I'd call it a 'cross lap' joint. I don't have the tools to make it properly, so I bought the whole
thing pre-assembled.

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qim...f8c901107.webp

Don't have a saw?

Wow...congrats, Herring, on ordering a prebuilt mailbox and mounting it
on a post. I'm impressed!

Thanks. I suppose I could have called some green card holders.

Don't take Harry seriously. He is the one who puts screw on
accessories on his ARs and wants us to think he is John Browning.

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 15:20:18 -0400, John H.
wrote:

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 11:13:43 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

12:23 PMJohn H
Well, you got to have a hitch cover, and I'd already used the American flag in the bow tie, so
Mickey was next on the list.

A hitch on the front???

Yup, when we go camping, we often take bikes. The front hitch holds the bike racks. Like so:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/att...d962a0676d.jpg

I thought you might be one of those people who "backs" trailers
connected to a front hitch. That was a thing for a while.
People on boat ramps hate that.

wrote:

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 11:13:43 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

12:23 PMJohn H
Well, you got to have a hitch cover, and I'd already used the American
flag in the bow tie, so
Mickey was next on the list.

A hitch on the front???

Yup, when we go camping, we often take bikes. The front hitch holds the
bike racks. Like so:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/att...d962a0676d.jpg

I thought you might be one of those people who "backs" trailers
connected to a front hitch. That was a thing for a while.
People on boat ramps hate that.

I put a front hitch on my truck to back the boat in to the previous storage
I had. Was a narrow roadway and big truck. Present storage slot is much
easier.

wrote:

[...]

I can think of only one person who *may* take Harry seriously. Hopefully, even he has more sense.

wrote:

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 11:13:43 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

12:23 PMJohn H
Well, you got to have a hitch cover, and I'd already used the American flag in the bow tie, so
Mickey was next on the list.

A hitch on the front???

Yup, when we go camping, we often take bikes. The front hitch holds the bike racks. Like so:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/att...d962a0676d.jpg

I thought you might be one of those people who "backs" trailers
connected to a front hitch. That was a thing for a while.
People on boat ramps hate that.

I've never seen it done at a boat ramp. I wouldn't blame folks for getting ****ed if they had to
stand and watch an unhitching and rehitching.

Putting the boat into a garage or tight driveway would be a great use of a front hitch.

wrote:

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 11:13:43 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

12:23 PMJohn H
Well, you got to have a hitch cover, and I'd already used the American flag in the bow tie, so
Mickey was next on the list.

A hitch on the front???

Yup, when we go camping, we often take bikes. The front hitch holds the bike racks. Like so:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/att...d962a0676d.jpg

I thought you might be one of those people who "backs" trailers
connected to a front hitch. That was a thing for a while.
People on boat ramps hate that.

I've never seen it done at a boat ramp. I wouldn't blame folks for getting ****ed if they had to
stand and watch an unhitching and rehitching.

Putting the boat into a garage or tight driveway would be a great use of a front hitch.

I haven't seen it done at boat ramps but I've seen it often in boat
yards and RV storage/repair places. Often the ball is installed on
one of the forks of a fork truck.

Mr. Luddite

On 10/26/2018 8:19 AM, John H. wrote:Â*
On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 21:08:22 Â*wrote:Â*
Â*
On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 15:20:18 -0400, John H. Â*
wrote:Â*
Â*
On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 11:13:43 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:Â*
Â*
Â*
12:23 PMJohn HÂ*
Well, you got to have a hitch cover, and I'd already used the American flag in the bow tie, soÂ*
Mickey was next on the list.Â*
........Â*
Â*
Â*
A hitch on the front???Â*
Â*
Yup, when we go camping, we often take bikes. The front hitch holds the bike racks. Like so:Â*
Â*
Â*http://www.forestriverforums.com/att...a0676d.jpg *

Â*
I thought you might be one of those people who "backs" trailersÂ*
connected to a front hitch. That was a thing for a while.Â*
People on boat ramps hate that.Â*

Â*
I've never seen it done at a boat ramp. I wouldn't blame folks for getting ****ed if they had toÂ*
stand and watch an unhitching and rehitching.Â*
Â*
Putting the boat into a garage or tight driveway would be a great use of a front hitch.Â*
Â*

"I haven't seen it done at boat ramps but I've seen it often in boatÂ*
yards and RV storage/repair places. Â*Often the ball is installed onÂ*
one of the forks of a fork truck."

Brother in law and nephew have been trying to convince me to take my bow rider down to their "cottage" on Porters Lake... a half hour north east of Halifax. I've complained the road leading to their own launch area and dock was a little too narrow and curved for my backing up skills.
They now have an answer. They bought a Bobcat small tractor and a set of forks. On one of the forks is a trailer hitch ball.
Guess I'll have to launch there next year if I keep the boat. Was down there a couple times in the last two weeks. Latest project is installing a small roll up garage type door 8nto the end of a shipping container they have on site. Originally it was a 40 foot one that they cut in half. One half went to my nephews construction company while the brother in law uses the other for storing tools etc.

wrote:

[...]

One of the ramps here has an old, beat up Bronco with no doors that has a front hitch. They have some "boat on trailer" storage, and use the Bronco to put in and retrieve. I'm not sure why people on boat ramps would hate it.... they are faster that the average Joe. As for someone that unhitches and hitches before they put in... well, they shouldn't be doing that on the ramp.

I did witness some asshole slowly wash down his big (but older) center console after he got it on the trailer using his fresh water tank and pump, all while sitting barely out of the water on his trailer on the ramp. At least 6-8 boats waiting to get back on their trailers, and some waiting to put in at a busy ramp. Thing is... he'd just come out of a fresh water lake. Idiot.

True North Wrote in message:
Mr. LudditeOn 10/26/2018 8:19 AM, John H. wrote: On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 21:08:22 -0400, wrote: On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 15:20:18 -0400, John H. wrote: On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 11:13:43 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote: 12:23 PMJohn H - show quoted text - Well, you got to have a hitch cover, and I'd already used the American flag in the bow tie, so Mickey was next on the list. ........ A hitch on the front??? Yup, when we go camping, we often take bikes. The front hitch holds the bike racks. Like so: http://www.forestriverforums.com/att...d962a0676d.jpg I thought you might be one of those people who "backs" trailers connected to a front hitch. That was a thing for a while. People on boat ramps hate that. I've never seen it done at a boat ramp. I wouldn't blame folks for getting ****ed if they had to stand and watch an unhitching and rehitching. Putting the boat into a garage or tight driveway would be a great use of a front hitch. "I haven't seen it done at boat ramps but I've seen it often in boat yards and RV storage/repair places. Often the ball is installed on one of the forks of a fork truck."Brother in law and nephew have been trying to convince me to take my bow rider down to their "cottage" on Porters Lake... a half hour north east of Halifax. I've complained the road leading to their own launch area and dock was a little too narrow and curved for my backing up skills.They now have an answer. They bought a Bobcat small tractor and a set of forks. On one of the forks is a trailer hitch ball.Guess I'll have to launch there next year if I keep the boat. Was down there a couple times in the last two weeks. Latest project is installing a small roll up garage type door 8nto the end of a shipping container they have on site. Originally it was a 40 foot one that they cut in half. One half went to my nephews construction company while the brother in law uses the other for storing tools etc.

Thinking of selling your Bay Liner?

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

justan

True North Wrote in message:Â*
Mr. LudditeOn 10/26/2018 8:19 AM, John H. wrote: On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 21:08:22 Â*wrote: On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 15:20:18 -0400, John H. wrote: On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 11:13:43 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote: 12:23 PMJohn H - show quoted text - Well, you got to have a hitch cover, and I'd already used the American flag in the bow tie, so Mickey was next on the list. ........ A hitch on the front??? Yup, when we go camping, we often take bikes. The front hitch holds the bike racks. Like so: Â*http://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_242226_0_44dd0113c8a769fb68e016d962a0676d.jpg * I thought you might be one of those people who "backs" trailers connected to a front hitch. That was a thing for a while. People on boat ramps hate that. I've never seen it done at a boat ramp. I wouldn't blame folks for getting ****ed if they had to stand and watch an unhitching and rehitching. Putting the boat into a garage or tight driveway would be a great use of a front hitch. "I haven't seen it done at boat ramps but I've seen it often in boat yards and RV storage/repair places. Â*Often the ball is installed on one of the forks of a fork truck."Brother in law and nephew have been trying to convince me to take my bow rider down to their "cottage" on Porters Lake... a half hour north east of Halifax. I've complained the road leading to their own launch area and dock was a little too narrow and curved for my backing up skills.They now have an answer. Â*They bought a Bobcat small tractor and a set of forks. On one of the forks is a trailer hitch ball.Guess I'll have to launch there next year if I keep the boat. Was down there a couple times in the last two weeks. Latest project is installing a small roll up garage type door 8nto the end of a shipping container they have on site. Originally it was a 40 foot one that they cut in half. One half went to my nephews construction company while the brother in law uses the other for storing tools etc.Â*

"Thinking of selling your Bay Liner?"Â*

Why? Are y'all thinking of moving up from your rubber ducky boat?Â*