Default Mailbox is Done!

On Fri, 26 Oct 2018 10:03:13 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

justan

True North Wrote in message:*
Mr. LudditeOn 10/26/2018 8:19 AM, John H. wrote: On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 21:08:22 *wrote: On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 15:20:18 -0400, John H. wrote: On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 11:13:43 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote: 12:23 PMJohn H - show quoted text - Well, you got to have a hitch cover, and I'd already used the American flag in the bow tie, so Mickey was next on the list. ........ A hitch on the front??? Yup, when we go camping, we often take bikes. The front hitch holds the bike racks. Like so: *http://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_242226_0_44dd0113c8a769fb68e016d962a0676d.jpg* I thought you might be one of those people who "backs" trailers connected to a front hitch. That was a thing for a while. People on boat ramps hate that. I've never seen it done at a boat ramp. I wouldn't blame folks for getting ****ed if they had to

stand and watch an unhitching and rehitching. Putting the boat into a garage or tight driveway would be a great use of a front hitch. "I haven't seen it done at boat ramps but I've seen it often in boat yards and RV storage/repair places. *Often the ball is installed on one of the forks of a fork truck."Brother in law and nephew have been trying to convince me to take my bow rider down to their "cottage" on Porters Lake... a half hour north east of Halifax. I've complained the road leading to their own launch area and dock was a little too narrow and curved for my backing up skills.They now have an answer. *They bought a Bobcat small tractor and a set of forks. On one of the forks is a trailer hitch ball.Guess I'll have to launch there next year if I keep the boat. Was down there a couple times in the last two weeks. Latest project is installing a small roll up garage type door 8nto the end of a shipping container they have on site. Originally it was a 40 foot one that they

cut
in half. One half went to my nephews construction company while the brother in law uses the other for storing tools etc.*

"Thinking of selling your Bay Liner?"*

Why? Are y'all thinking of moving up from your rubber ducky boat?*

Wow Donny, you just can't seem to help yourself from trying to ruin a decent thread where everyone
seems to be getting along.
Why all the instigating and agitating?

True North Wrote in message:
justanTrue North Wrote in message: Mr. LudditeOn 10/26/2018 8:19 AM, John H. wrote: On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 21:08:22 -0400, wrote: On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 15:20:18 -0400, John H. wrote: On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 11:13:43 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote: 12:23 PMJohn H - show quoted text - Well, you got to have a hitch cover, and I'd already used the American flag in the bow tie, so Mickey was next on the list. ........ A hitch on the front??? Yup, when we go camping, we often take bikes. The front hitch holds the bike racks. Like so: http://www.forestriverforums.com/att...d962a0676d.jpg I thought you might be one of those people who "backs" trailers connected to a front hitch. That was a thing for a while. People on boat ramps hate that. I've never seen it done at a boat ramp. I wouldn't blame folks for getting ****ed if they had to stand and watch an unhitching and rehitching. Putting the boat into a garage or tight driveway would be a great use of a front hitch. "I haven't seen it done at boat ramps but I've seen it often in boat yards and RV storage/repair places. Often the ball is installed on one of the forks of a fork truck."Brother in law and nephew have been trying to convince me to take my bow rider down to their "cottage" on Porters Lake... a half hour north east of Halifax. I've complained the road leading to their own launch area and dock was a little too narrow and curved for my backing up skills.They now have an answer. They bought a Bobcat small tractor and a set of forks. On one of the forks is a trailer hitch ball.Guess I'll have to launch there next year if I keep the boat. Was down there a couple times in the last two weeks. Latest project is installing a small roll up garage type door 8nto the end of a shipping container they have on site. Originally it was a 40 foot one that they cut in half. One half went to my nephews construction company while the brother in law uses the other for storing tools etc. "Thinking of selling your Bay Liner?" Why? Are y'all thinking of moving up from your rubber ducky boat?

Bay Liners are typically starter boats. As the owners quickly
learn there are more desireable boats to be had and therefore
there is a glut of 1 or two year old B Ls on the market. What
price are you trying to fetch for it? I would consider buying it
for the right price and delivery terms.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

wrote:

[...]

It's OK to admit you are unable to back up a boat. You had trouble with
your driveway so you made the right choice not trying it in an
unfamiliar area.

justan wrote:
True North Wrote in message:
[...]

He should deliver it to you and call it even.

wrote:

[...]

Private ramps love it when a person admits they can not back up the trailer
decently. Years ago, was at one of the Sacramento Delta ramps, and the
guy running ramp, jumped in the guys truck and launched the boats in
minutes. Saved a lot of congestion.