Default Mailbox is Done!

Thanks for all the ideas. Finally went with Sacrete, mixed a bit dry. Got the water out and kept the
hole dry with a shop vac. Worked like a champ. Here's the final product:

http://funkyimg.com/i/2Mqht.jpg

Tim Tim is offline

John H
Thanks for all the ideas. Finally went with Sacrete, mixed a bit dry. Got the water out and kept the
hole dry with a shop vac. Worked like a champ. Here's the final product:

http://funkyimg.com/i/2Mqht.jpg

Say, that’s impressive! Very pretty. Uh, I had to blow the pic up a bit because I was wondering what was hanging below your front license plate.

Mickey? What’s the deal with that?

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 16:01:36 -0400, John H.
wrote:

Thanks for all the ideas. Finally went with Sacrete, mixed a bit dry. Got the water out and kept the
hole dry with a shop vac. Worked like a champ. Here's the final product:

http://funkyimg.com/i/2Mqht.jpg

===

Looks good, nice job. Does the horizontal post have a half-lap join
with the vertical?

---
http://www.avg.com

That new post doesn't appear to be made of laminated boards so I'm surprised to see the crack so soon.
Around here it would be best to somehow fill it.

On 10/24/2018 4:01 PM, John H. wrote:
Thanks for all the ideas. Finally went with Sacrete, mixed a bit dry. Got the water out and kept the
hole dry with a shop vac. Worked like a champ. Here's the final product:

http://funkyimg.com/i/2Mqht.jpg

Looks great.

wrote:

Thanks for all the ideas. Finally went with Sacrete, mixed a bit dry. Got the water out and kept the
hole dry with a shop vac. Worked like a champ. Here's the final product:

http://funkyimg.com/i/2Mqht.jpg

===

Looks good, nice job. Does the horizontal post have a half-lap join
with the vertical?

That is the usual pattern for those.
I made one for my neighbor copying the others on the street
I doweled in the 45 but just because I had a Kreg dowel jig I wanted
to play with.
A drunk mowed it down about a year later.

John H. wrote:
Thanks for all the ideas. Finally went with Sacrete, mixed a bit dry. Got the water out and kept the
hole dry with a shop vac. Worked like a champ. Here's the final product:

http://funkyimg.com/i/2Mqht.jpg

Looks great!

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 13:25:47 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

John H
Thanks for all the ideas. Finally went with Sacrete, mixed a bit dry. Got the water out and kept the
hole dry with a shop vac. Worked like a champ. Here's the final product:

http://funkyimg.com/i/2Mqht.jpg

Say, that’s impressive! Very pretty. Uh, I had to blow the pic up a bit because I was wondering what was hanging below your front license plate.

Mickey? What’s the deal with that?

Well, you got to have a hitch cover, and I'd already used the American flag in the bow tie, so
Mickey was next on the list.

wrote:

Thanks for all the ideas. Finally went with Sacrete, mixed a bit dry. Got the water out and kept the
hole dry with a shop vac. Worked like a champ. Here's the final product:

http://funkyimg.com/i/2Mqht.jpg

===

Looks good, nice job. Does the horizontal post have a half-lap join
with the vertical?

---
http://www.avg.com

I'd call it a 'cross lap' joint. I don't have the tools to make it properly, so I bought the whole
thing pre-assembled.

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qim...f8c901107.webp