Default Mailbox is Done!

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 13:31:11 -0400, John H.
wrote:

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 16:32:18 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 16:01:36 -0400, John H.
wrote:

Thanks for all the ideas. Finally went with Sacrete, mixed a bit dry. Got the water out and kept the
hole dry with a shop vac. Worked like a champ. Here's the final product:

http://funkyimg.com/i/2Mqht.jpg

===

Looks good, nice job. Does the horizontal post have a half-lap join
with the vertical?

---
http://www.avg.com

I'd call it a 'cross lap' joint. I don't have the tools to make it properly, so I bought the whole
thing pre-assembled.

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qim...f8c901107.webp

Don't have a saw?

wrote:

Thanks for all the ideas. Finally went with Sacrete, mixed a bit dry. Got the water out and kept the
hole dry with a shop vac. Worked like a champ. Here's the final product:

http://funkyimg.com/i/2Mqht.jpg

===

Looks good, nice job. Does the horizontal post have a half-lap join
with the vertical?

---
http://www.avg.com

I'd call it a 'cross lap' joint. I don't have the tools to make it properly, so I bought the whole
thing pre-assembled.

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qim...f8c901107.webp

Don't have a saw?

Don't have a table saw, and I wouldn't attempt it with a hand-held circular saw.

wrote:

Thanks for all the ideas. Finally went with Sacrete, mixed a bit dry. Got the water out and kept the
hole dry with a shop vac. Worked like a champ. Here's the final product:

http://funkyimg.com/i/2Mqht.jpg

===

Looks good, nice job. Does the horizontal post have a half-lap join
with the vertical?

---
http://www.avg.com

I'd call it a 'cross lap' joint. I don't have the tools to make it properly, so I bought the whole
thing pre-assembled.

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qim...f8c901107.webp

Don't have a saw?

Wow...congrats, Herring, on ordering a prebuilt mailbox and mounting it
on a post. I'm impressed!
Tim Tim is offline

12:23 PMJohn H
Well, you got to have a hitch cover, and I'd already used the American flag in the bow tie, so
Mickey was next on the list.

A hitch on the front???

wrote:

Thanks for all the ideas. Finally went with Sacrete, mixed a bit dry. Got the water out and kept the
hole dry with a shop vac. Worked like a champ. Here's the final product:

http://funkyimg.com/i/2Mqht.jpg

===

Looks good, nice job. Does the horizontal post have a half-lap join
with the vertical?

---
http://www.avg.com

I'd call it a 'cross lap' joint. I don't have the tools to make it properly, so I bought the whole
thing pre-assembled.

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qim...f8c901107.webp

Don't have a saw?

Wow...congrats, Herring, on ordering a prebuilt mailbox and mounting it
on a post. I'm impressed!

Thanks. I suppose I could have called some green card holders.

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 11:13:43 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

12:23 PMJohn H
Well, you got to have a hitch cover, and I'd already used the American flag in the bow tie, so
Mickey was next on the list.

A hitch on the front???

Yup, when we go camping, we often take bikes. The front hitch holds the bike racks. Like so:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/att...d962a0676d.jpg

John H. wrote:
On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 11:13:43 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

12:23 PMJohn H
Well, you got to have a hitch cover, and I'd already used the American
flag in the bow tie, so
Mickey was next on the list.

A hitch on the front???

Yup, when we go camping, we often take bikes. The front hitch holds the
bike racks. Like so:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/att...d962a0676d.jpg

How dirty do they get?

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 19:37:31 -0000 (UTC), Bill wrote:

John H. wrote:
On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 11:13:43 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

12:23 PMJohn H
Well, you got to have a hitch cover, and I'd already used the American
flag in the bow tie, so
Mickey was next on the list.

A hitch on the front???

Yup, when we go camping, we often take bikes. The front hitch holds the
bike racks. Like so:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/att...d962a0676d.jpg

How dirty do they get?

No dirtier than the front of the truck. I don't follow many mudslingers! Any extra dirt rinses right
off.
Tim Tim is offline

2:20 PMJohn H
Yup, when we go camping, we often take bikes. The front hitch holds the bike racks. Like so:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/att...d962a0676d.jpg

....,,.,

Oh. I didn’t think if that. Great idea!