Its Me Its Me is offline

Default Mailbox is Done!

On Friday, October 26, 2018 at 8:31:14 AM UTC-4, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 10/26/2018 8:19 AM, John H. wrote:
On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 21:08:22 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 15:20:18 -0400, John H.
wrote:

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 11:13:43 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

12:23 PMJohn H
Well, you got to have a hitch cover, and I'd already used the American flag in the bow tie, so
Mickey was next on the list.

A hitch on the front???

Yup, when we go camping, we often take bikes. The front hitch holds the bike racks. Like so:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/att...d962a0676d.jpg

I thought you might be one of those people who "backs" trailers
connected to a front hitch. That was a thing for a while.
People on boat ramps hate that.

I've never seen it done at a boat ramp. I wouldn't blame folks for getting ****ed if they had to
stand and watch an unhitching and rehitching.

Putting the boat into a garage or tight driveway would be a great use of a front hitch.

I haven't seen it done at boat ramps but I've seen it often in boat
yards and RV storage/repair places. Often the ball is installed on
one of the forks of a fork truck.

One of the ramps here has an old, beat up Bronco with no doors that has a front hitch. They have some "boat on trailer" storage, and use the Bronco to put in and retrieve. I'm not sure why people on boat ramps would hate it.... they are faster that the average Joe. As for someone that unhitches and hitches before they put in... well, they shouldn't be doing that on the ramp.

I did witness some asshole slowly wash down his big (but older) center console after he got it on the trailer using his fresh water tank and pump, all while sitting barely out of the water on his trailer on the ramp. At least 6-8 boats waiting to get back on their trailers, and some waiting to put in at a busy ramp. Thing is... he'd just come out of a fresh water lake. Idiot.