True North[_2_] True North[_2_] is offline

Default Mailbox is Done!

justan

True North Wrote in message:Â*
Mr. LudditeOn 10/26/2018 8:19 AM, John H. wrote: On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 21:08:22 Â*wrote: On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 15:20:18 -0400, John H. wrote: On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 11:13:43 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote: 12:23 PMJohn H - show quoted text - Well, you got to have a hitch cover, and I'd already used the American flag in the bow tie, so Mickey was next on the list. ........ A hitch on the front??? Yup, when we go camping, we often take bikes. The front hitch holds the bike racks. Like so: Â*http://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_242226_0_44dd0113c8a769fb68e016d962a0676d.jpg * I thought you might be one of those people who "backs" trailers connected to a front hitch. That was a thing for a while. People on boat ramps hate that. I've never seen it done at a boat ramp. I wouldn't blame folks for getting ****ed if they had to stand and watch an unhitching and rehitching. Putting the boat into a garage or tight driveway would be a great use of a front hitch. "I haven't seen it done at boat ramps but I've seen it often in boat yards and RV storage/repair places. Â*Often the ball is installed on one of the forks of a fork truck."Brother in law and nephew have been trying to convince me to take my bow rider down to their "cottage" on Porters Lake... a half hour north east of Halifax. I've complained the road leading to their own launch area and dock was a little too narrow and curved for my backing up skills.They now have an answer. Â*They bought a Bobcat small tractor and a set of forks. On one of the forks is a trailer hitch ball.Guess I'll have to launch there next year if I keep the boat. Was down there a couple times in the last two weeks. Latest project is installing a small roll up garage type door 8nto the end of a shipping container they have on site. Originally it was a 40 foot one that they cut in half. One half went to my nephews construction company while the brother in law uses the other for storing tools etc.Â*

"Thinking of selling your Bay Liner?"Â*

Why? Are y'all thinking of moving up from your rubber ducky boat?Â*