Default Just Beautiful!

On 1/17/18 12:13 PM, Bill wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
On 1/17/18 5:13 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 1/16/2018 8:36 PM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 1/16/18 6:39 PM, Tim wrote:

4:05 PMKeyser Soze
I know words aren't an area of expertise for you. You claimed Ravel
wrote Bolero for the piano. He did not. He wrote it on a piano. There's
a big difference there.

I never said I liked the "original" version of Bolero. I don't like any
versions of Ravel's Bolero. The work I like and referenced is
Moussorgsky's Pictures at an Exhibition, which was written on and for
the piano. Ravel later orchestrated the piano work and, in my opinion,
turned it into something it was never meant to be.

Here is the most famous performance of Pictures, by the incredible
Russian pianist Sviatoslav Richter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNq3VMzqXqM

Harry, I see google isn’t your friend today...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boléro

The piece was first published by the Parisian firm Durand in 1929.
Arrangements of the piece were made for piano solo and piano duet
(two people playing at one piano), and Ravel himself arranged a
version for two pianos, published in 1930.

The first recording was made by Piero Coppolain Paris[citation
needed] for the Gramophone Company on 8 January 1930. The recording
session was attended by Ravel.[7] The following day, Ravel conducted
the Lamoureux Orchestra in his own recording for Polydor.[8]...”

According to this, Piano it was

Your wiki post doesn't mean the piece was written *for* piano. It was
written on a piano, but Ravel's intention was to produce an
orchestrated dance piece.

If a composer *publishes* a piece written for piano, it was written for
piano.* Your cognizant thinking is going to hell in a handbasket.

Uh-huh. Your language skills remind me of a funny engineering student I
knew in college. "Before I enrolled in engineering school," he would
say, "I couldn't spell engineer. Now I are one."

I don't know if that was original with him, though.

Difference between Engineers and journalism students is Engineers have to
produce true, readable instructions.

Thank goodness you don't write instructions.

On 1/16/2018 6:02 AM, John H wrote:
On Mon, 15 Jan 2018 17:54:57 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 1/15/18 5:37 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 15 Jan 2018 14:58:39 -0500, John H
wrote:

Never enjoyed watching a performance more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZDiaRZy0Ak

===

Nice. I understand that there are some people who can listen to that
without thinking of Bo Derek. :-)

"There is no music in it," Ravel wrote. But it does build to an
overloud, schmaltzy climax, which is why, I assume, why Herring likes it.

Actually, I like the whole piece.

Would have been better if Jack Nicholson was conducting. :-)

Mikek

Keyser Soze wrote:
On 1/16/18 6:39 PM, Tim wrote:

[...]

I did, and did it very well.

wrote:

Never enjoyed watching a performance more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZDiaRZy0Ak

===

Nice. I understand that there are some people who can listen to that
without thinking of Bo Derek. :-)

"There is no music in it," Ravel wrote. But it does build to an
overloud, schmaltzy climax, which is why, I assume, why Herring likes it.

Actually, I like the whole piece.

Would have been better if Jack Nicholson was conducting. :-)

Mikek

'Bout as scary! Did you read the comments below? There are some very funny ones there.

wrote:

Never enjoyed watching a performance more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZDiaRZy0Ak

===

Nice. I understand that there are some people who can listen to that
without thinking of Bo Derek. :-)

"There is no music in it," Ravel wrote. But it does build to an
overloud, schmaltzy climax, which is why, I assume, why Herring likes it.

Actually, I like the whole piece.

Would have been better if Jack Nicholson was conducting. :-)

Mikek

'Bout as scary! Did you read the comments below? There are some very funny ones there.

One of the best:
"You can't compose a song that has the same melody playing for over fifteen minutes and make it sound good"
Maurice Ravel: "Hold my beer."

Keyser Soze wrote:
On 1/17/18 1:47 PM, Bill wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
On 1/16/18 6:39 PM, Tim wrote:

[...]

Not as funny as a jingle writer who is not nationally renown for speech
writing according to,google.

On 1/17/18 8:01 PM, Bill wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
On 1/17/18 1:47 PM, Bill wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
On 1/16/18 6:39 PM, Tim wrote:

[...]

I haven't written a jingle since 1974 or 1975, but they were fun to
write, "orchestrate," and produce.

Keyser Soze wrote:
On 1/17/18 8:01 PM, Bill wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
On 1/17/18 1:47 PM, Bill wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
On 1/16/18 6:39 PM, Tim wrote:

[...]

They were probably bombastic orchestrations.

On Thu, 18 Jan 2018 06:09:09 -0000 (UTC), Bill wrote:

Keyser Soze wrote:
On 1/17/18 8:01 PM, Bill wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
On 1/17/18 1:47 PM, Bill wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolro

[...]

LOL!

Beautiful day! Tim General 14 February 5th 15 04:14 PM
Another beautiful day on the Bay hk General 0 May 31st 10 05:26 PM
Beautiful day on the Bay! John H General 11 May 20th 05 08:40 PM
Beautiful day on the Bay! John H General 8 April 30th 05 05:54 PM
Beautiful Bay Day! John H General 3 May 23rd 04 11:52 PM