Default Just Beautiful!

On Tue, 16 Jan 2018 06:57:39 -0500, John H
wrote:

On Mon, 15 Jan 2018 17:37:48 -0500, wrote:

On Mon, 15 Jan 2018 14:58:39 -0500, John H
wrote:

Never enjoyed watching a performance more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZDiaRZy0Ak

===

Nice. I understand that there are some people who can listen to that
without thinking of Bo Derek. :-)

---
http://www.avg.com

Yup, I'se one. I didn't know Bo Derek was in a movie named 'Bolero' until just now. I'm wondering
where I was in 1984 when that came out. (I looked it up on You Tube.) Hell, I was right here working
at the Army Personnel Center. Too damn busy to go to the movies, I reckon.

The "Bolaro" reference was originally from the movie "10".

wrote:

Never enjoyed watching a performance more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZDiaRZy0Ak

===

Nice. I understand that there are some people who can listen to that
without thinking of Bo Derek. :-)

---
http://www.avg.com

Yup, I'se one. I didn't know Bo Derek was in a movie named 'Bolero' until just now. I'm wondering
where I was in 1984 when that came out. (I looked it up on You Tube.) Hell, I was right here working
at the Army Personnel Center. Too damn busy to go to the movies, I reckon.

The "Bolaro" reference was originally from the movie "10".

Ravel was never on my favorites list, and he dropped even lower for
orchestrating and turning Modest Mussorgsky's lovely Pictures at an
Exhibition into a bombastic Herring piece.

wrote:

Never enjoyed watching a performance more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZDiaRZy0Ak

===

Nice. I understand that there are some people who can listen to that
without thinking of Bo Derek. :-)

---
http://www.avg.com

Yup, I'se one. I didn't know Bo Derek was in a movie named 'Bolero' until just now. I'm wondering
where I was in 1984 when that came out. (I looked it up on You Tube.) Hell, I was right here working
at the Army Personnel Center. Too damn busy to go to the movies, I reckon.

===

Actually the movie that made Bolero and Bo famous was called "10", as
in a perfect 10. It came out in 1979 and was a fun little movie with
some memorable scenes.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078721/videoplayer/vi2545746201?ref_=tt_pv_vi_aiv_1

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078721/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_38

Yes, I saw '10'. Paid no attention to the music. Thanks for the enlightenment.

wrote:

[...]

I am not sure I ever saw the whole movie but it has been on when I was
flipping through the TV channels. I know I never bought a ticket for
it.

wrote:

Never enjoyed watching a performance more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZDiaRZy0Ak

===

Nice. I understand that there are some people who can listen to that
without thinking of Bo Derek. :-)

---
http://www.avg.com

Yup, I'se one. I didn't know Bo Derek was in a movie named 'Bolero' until just now. I'm wondering
where I was in 1984 when that came out. (I looked it up on You Tube.) Hell, I was right here working
at the Army Personnel Center. Too damn busy to go to the movies, I reckon.

The "Bolaro" reference was originally from the movie "10".

Ravel was never on my favorites list, and he dropped even lower for
orchestrating and turning Modest Mussorgsky's lovely Pictures at an
Exhibition into a bombastic Herring piece.

===

Here's some Ravel that may be subtle enough for your delicate
sensibilities:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYNlYMvFA5U

wrote:

[...]

Funny. Ravel's version of Pics at an Exhibition is by far the most played and recorded version. Somebody likes it.

wrote:

[...]

Is Ravel’s orchestration a homage, a tribute, or a cover? I like it the way
the composer wrote it.

--
Posted with my iPhone 8+.

wrote:

[...]

Must've seen it on TV, maybe VHS from Blockbusters. I'm sure I didn't see it in a theater.

wrote:

[...]

Harry will find fault unless one agrees with his political persuasion.
Tim Tim is offline

Keyser Söze
Is Ravel’s orchestration a homage, a tribute, or a cover? I like it the way
the composer wrote it.

--
Posted with my iPhone 8+.

Seeing he was a pianist and wrote it for piano, this is the version you’d appreciate

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UpjHcuuOPLo

Beautiful day! Tim General 14 February 5th 15 04:14 PM
Another beautiful day on the Bay hk General 0 May 31st 10 05:26 PM
Beautiful day on the Bay! John H General 11 May 20th 05 08:40 PM
Beautiful day on the Bay! John H General 8 April 30th 05 05:54 PM
Beautiful Bay Day! John H General 3 May 23rd 04 11:52 PM