Default Just Beautiful!

On 1/16/18 2:16 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 16 Jan 2018 12:21:07 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 1/16/18 12:13 PM,
wrote:
On Tue, 16 Jan 2018 06:57:39 -0500, John H
wrote:

On Mon, 15 Jan 2018 17:37:48 -0500,
wrote:

On Mon, 15 Jan 2018 14:58:39 -0500, John H
wrote:

Never enjoyed watching a performance more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZDiaRZy0Ak

===

Nice. I understand that there are some people who can listen to that
without thinking of Bo Derek. :-)

---
http://www.avg.com

Yup, I'se one. I didn't know Bo Derek was in a movie named 'Bolero' until just now. I'm wondering
where I was in 1984 when that came out. (I looked it up on You Tube.) Hell, I was right here working
at the Army Personnel Center. Too damn busy to go to the movies, I reckon.

The "Bolaro" reference was originally from the movie "10".

Ravel was never on my favorites list, and he dropped even lower for
orchestrating and turning Modest Mussorgsky's lovely Pictures at an
Exhibition into a bombastic Herring piece.

===

Here's some Ravel that may be subtle enough for your delicate
sensibilities:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYNlYMvFA5U

I'm familiar with Ravel's compositions. As far as I know, there is no
requirement that I like or prefer the music of all composers of serious
music, or even all the compositions of composers I do prefer.

One of the more bizarre peculiarities of this newsgroup is the "demand"
for group think. Must be all the military experience here, eh?

"Do you like green eggs and ham?

"I do not like them, Sam-I-Am.
"I do not like green eggs and ham."

On Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 4:09:24 PM UTC-5, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 1/16/18 2:16 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 16 Jan 2018 12:21:07 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

No one demanded that you like that version. In fact, you took a shot at John because he did like it, and you didn't. Your own version of demanding group think. It was normal, and expected, that you be an asshole about it, though. Business as usual for you.

On 1/16/18 4:06 PM, Tim wrote:
Keyser Söze
Is Ravel’s orchestration a homage, a tribute, or a cover? I like it the way
the composer wrote it.

Seeing he was a pianist and wrote it for piano, this is the version
you’d appreciate

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UpjHcuuOPLo

No, Tim, Bolero was NOT written *for* the piano. Like many composers*,
Ravel composed on the piano, but the piece was not written for the
piano. It was written for ballet, to be performed by an orchestra.

*Mozart used the keyboard instruments of his day to noodle out his
notes, tunes, compositions.
Tim Tim is offline

3:46 PMKeyser Soze
On 1/16/18 4:06 PM, Tim wrote:
Keyser Söze
Is Ravel’s orchestration a homage, a tribute, or a cover? I like it the way
the composer wrote it.

Seeing he was a pianist and wrote it for piano, this is the version
you’d appreciate

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UpjHcuuOPLo

No, Tim, Bolero was NOT written *for* the piano. Like many composers*,
Ravel composed on the piano, but the piece was not written for the
piano. It was written for ballet, to be performed by an orchestra.

*Mozart used the keyboard instruments of his day to noodle out his
notes, tunes, compositions.
Sure it was written for ballet. ON A PIANO.

You said you liked the “original” version which was written in piano so, there it is...

On 1/16/18 2:16 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 16 Jan 2018 12:21:07 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

So true. Harry has been like that for decades. He has little respect
for what other people like or enjoy unless it happens to shared by him,
which is very rare.

Most mentally stable people understand and accept that people have
different tastes and likes.

On 1/16/18 4:54 PM, Tim wrote:

3:46 PMKeyser Soze
On 1/16/18 4:06 PM, Tim wrote:
Keyser Söze
Is Ravel’s orchestration a homage, a tribute, or a cover? I like it the way
the composer wrote it.

Seeing he was a pianist and wrote it for piano, this is the version
you’d appreciate

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UpjHcuuOPLo

No, Tim, Bolero was NOT written *for* the piano. Like many composers*,
Ravel composed on the piano, but the piece was not written for the
piano. It was written for ballet, to be performed by an orchestra.

*Mozart used the keyboard instruments of his day to noodle out his
notes, tunes, compositions.
Sure it was written for ballet. ON A PIANO.

You said you liked the “original” version which was written in piano so, there it is...

I know words aren't an area of expertise for you. You claimed Ravel
wrote Bolero for the piano. He did not. He wrote it on a piano. There's
a big difference there.

I never said I liked the "original" version of Bolero. I don't like any
versions of Ravel's Bolero. The work I like and referenced is
Moussorgsky's Pictures at an Exhibition, which was written on and for
the piano. Ravel later orchestrated the piano work and, in my opinion,
turned it into something it was never meant to be.

Here is the most famous performance of Pictures, by the incredible
Russian pianist Sviatoslav Richter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNq3VMzqXqM

On 1/16/18 2:16 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 16 Jan 2018 12:21:07 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I stated I didn't like it. I don't give a **** whether you like it or
not. I don't like Herring's taste for overdone, overly bombastic music.

On 1/16/18 2:16 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 16 Jan 2018 12:21:07 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Can you respect the fact that some find it enjoyable? Nope. You
can't, because *you* don't like it. That's the personality quirk that
is so consistent in you over the past 20 years.

On Tue, 16 Jan 2018 16:09:21 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 1/16/18 2:16 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 16 Jan 2018 12:21:07 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Are you feeling forced?

Gosh. Paranoia coupled with narcissism. That's a bitch.

On Tue, 16 Jan 2018 17:05:45 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 1/16/18 4:54 PM, Tim wrote:

3:46 PMKeyser Soze
On 1/16/18 4:06 PM, Tim wrote:
Keyser Sze
[...]

Very nice! Richte does a nice job. In fact, he gets a bit 'bombastic' on that piano!

Beautiful day! Tim General 14 February 5th 15 04:14 PM
Another beautiful day on the Bay hk General 0 May 31st 10 05:26 PM
Beautiful day on the Bay! John H General 11 May 20th 05 08:40 PM
Beautiful day on the Bay! John H General 8 April 30th 05 05:54 PM
Beautiful Bay Day! John H General 3 May 23rd 04 11:52 PM