Default Looks like Jose isn't very happy now,,,

Wrote in message:
On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 21:35:09 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 9/19/2017 9:07 PM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 9/19/17 8:51 PM,
wrote:
On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 07:45:26 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

The generator burns 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 "gallons" of propane an hour,
depending on the load. We do keep the load as low as possible, though,

Yikes. I was complaining about 0.8 GPH. If you are happy burning 36
gallons a day and up, I will STFU. What do you pay for propane? It
seems to be $2-4 a gallon here depending on some mysterious formula.
A 250 gallon tank (really 200) is only going to last 5 days at the low
end of usage and you could burn it in 3 days if you actually used that
17KVA
Yikes!
So much for the whole house generator for me. Mine did run my whole
house minus the AC, dryer and water heater and I have a plan for the
water heater. With a pool, the AC is not important during the day and
at night my generator runs the mini split in the bedroom just fine.

The last time I looked, some months ago, it was about $2.59 a gallon.
Our "outages" usually last only a few hours, sometimes overnight, and
typically we only get one every few months. We got the generator after a
big outage that lasted a week. Our yippy-dippy local electrical co-op
seems to have gotten better over the years. Or the storms have gotten
smaller. If we had a four day outage, it would cost about $250 in fuel,
less than we'd spend on a decent local motel, assuming we could find one
that had power.

You'd move into a motel because of a four day power outage if you didn't
have your generator?

Why?

I wondered that myself but it doesn't surprise me from a city boy.
I don't really prefer camping but I still know how to do it.
After a week I think I can make 5.5kw work for us.
It is not like we were really suffering anyway. I just had more
nuisance trips than I liked. I am looking for a maintenance manual to
see if there is a way to adjust the voltage, that was my other issue.

Might be wrong but I think you increase voltage by increasing rpm.
HZ will increase along with volts.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

wrote:

The generator burns 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 "gallons" of propane an hour,
depending on the load. We do keep the load as low as possible, though,

Yikes. I was complaining about 0.8 GPH. If you are happy burning 36
gallons a day and up, I will STFU. What do you pay for propane? It
seems to be $2-4 a gallon here depending on some mysterious formula.
A 250 gallon tank (really 200) is only going to last 5 days at the low
end of usage and you could burn it in 3 days if you actually used that
17KVA
Yikes!
So much for the whole house generator for me. Mine did run my wholeprofessional
house minus the AC, dryer and water heater and I have a plan for the
water heater. With a pool, the AC is not important during the day and w
at night my generator runs the mini split in the bedroom just fine.

The last time I looked, some months ago, it was about $2.59 a gallon.
Our "outages" usually last only a few hours, sometimes overnight, and
of personal comfort
typically we only get one every few months. We
got the generator after a
big outage that lasted a week. Our yippy-dippy local electrical co-op
seems to have gotten better over the years. Or the storms have gotten
smaller. If we had a four day outage, it would cost about $250 in fuel,
less than we'd spend on a decent local motel, assuming we could find one
that had power.

You'd move into a motel because of a four day power outage if you didn't
have your generator?

Why?

For starters, my wife wears suits and other professional outfits to work
and when she sees patients, and, like me likes to bathe at least once a
day. Then there is the matter of having water to flush the toilet. Then
there is the matter when it is too hot outside. And so forth.

--
Posted with my iPad Pro

Wuss.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

wrote:

[...]

I’m sure with the bozos you encounter in your daily rounds, it doesn’t
matter if you stink.

You and your wife stink if you miss a daily bath? Gross.

wrote:

[...]

We were discussing a four day outage, remember? Duh.

You're a progressive liberal who believes in science, correct?
Here's some science for you:

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-often-should-you-shower-science-2017-1

wrote:

[...]

Hey... if you want to skip showers, no problem. We bathe.

Just giving you a hard time.

wrote:

[...]

Funny. My dermatologist, the first time I saw him a few years back, asked how often I showered.
"Almost every day," I said. He said cut back to about every three days. All that showering was bad
for the skin. Works for me, unless I've been walking a golf course that day.

wrote:

[...]

I am the same way. When I was working I showered every morning and
sometimes again in the evening. Now that I am retired I'll shower in
the evening if I've been physically active with some project during the
day. Otherwise, I am on a every other morning shower routine. Nobody
has complained that I stink. :-)

wrote:

[...]

You and your wife stink if you miss a daily bath?Â*Â* Gross.

We were discussing a four day outage, remember?Â* Duh.

You're a progressive liberal who believes in science, correct?
Here's some science for you:

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-often-should-you-shower-science-2017-1

Funny. My dermatologist, the first time I saw him a few years back,
asked how often I showered.
"Almost every day," I said. He said cut back to about every three
days. All that showering was bad
for the skin. Works for me, unless I've been walking a golf course
that day.

I am the same way.Â* When I was working I showered every morning and
sometimes again in the evening.Â* Now that I am retired I'll shower in
the evening if I've been physically active with some project during the
day.Â* Otherwise, I am on a every other morning shower routine. Nobody
has complained that I stink.Â* :-)

I got in the habit of showering twice a day years ago, though once in a
while I'll skip an early morning shower, especially when I am not seeing
a client or friends. It's just habit. Our cats do seem to prefer
sniffing my feet when I skip the morning douse.

On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 05:48:21 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

O9/20/2017 1:19 AM, wrote:
On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 23:34:11 -0400,

wrote:

On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 22:48:24 -0400,
wrote:

I am looking for a maintenance manual to
see if there is a way to adjust the voltage, that was my other issue.

===

Generally if you adjust the RPMs upward a tad you will increase the
voltage and frequency at the same time.

I already did that. The thing was running at 57hz. I went up one hole
on the governor spring arm and got it up to 60.2 HZ but the voltage is
too low. (108-110)

What is the voltage with no load and where are you measuring the voltage?

I don't know about the contractor type generators but the inverter types
like the Honda are rated at peak output wattage, not continuous duty.
I think the Honda e2000 is actually rated at 1600 watts continuous.

This is measured at the load but right at the generator it is only
about a volt higher.
The other thing is I have a bunch of meters and they do not agree. I
am not talking about Harbor Fright meters either. This is 2 Flukes, a
Weston 901 and my Kill a Watt. They all read low voltage.
I haven't had time to pursue this because we are still pretty busy
cleaning up here but I am not putting the generator away before I
resolve it. My oven is outside and cord/plug connected so it is a
convenient load to play with.
I may sell this one and buy a better generator with a voltage
regulator if I determine this one does not have one. (my suspicion)
Contractor grade generators may be designed to run brush motors in
tools so they are not really very particular about the quality of the
power. I did notice some of my equipment here was not really running
quite right. The UPS units were alarming occasionally, one fridge
froze up and my garage door opener was flakey. It needed help opening
the door (even plugged directly into the generator on a 12 ga
extension cord).

wrote:

[...]

The first thing I addressed was cleaning up the pool. That goes a long
way towards keeping cool and not developing that 3d world smell.
Flushing toilets is the easy one. Just dump a bucket of water in it.
OTOH if you have a lift pump, it might just come up in your bath tub.
My septic is gravity operated. When they told me all new systems might
have to be mound systems I just fixed the one I had ... off the books.
Tiki bar builders know how to do that sort of thing ;-)

Jose's Sign John H[_2_] General 15 July 1st 10 01:25 PM
Jose Jalepeno [email protected] General 1 March 7th 08 04:14 PM
Hugo Vihlen to speak in San Jose Rob Malkin General 0 August 18th 04 05:11 AM
Kayakers in San Jose, CA Andrew Taylor General 1 January 13th 04 07:48 AM