Default Looks like Jose isn't very happy now,,,

On 9/21/2017 8:59 AM, John H wrote:
On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 13:20:42 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 09:46:51 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

Its nice to have a 28k Katolite 110/220 single phase gen that drives from a tractor PTO. I don't have a tractor big enough to pull it but my next door neighbor does. His 4440 John Deere is also set with a hi/low PTO. You set it in high range and then you can idle the engine down for fuel savings.

Right before bad weather hits, it's dug out, hooked up to make sure it works correctly, then stored it till its needed. Both our houses are set for external power. Fortunately we haven't needed it...yet.

This isn't my pic but one like it...

http://www.wclittleton.com/katolite0801.jpg

===

Wow, that's a bigun.

---
http://www.avg.com

Those white sidewalls definitely add to the looks of that trailer!

I get a kick out of the tire to the left in the image. Never saw a tire
selectively lose it's tread like that. Maybe it was a "recap" at on time.

Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

Its nice to have a 28k Katolite 110/220 single phase gen that drives from a tractor PTO. I don't have a tractor big enough to pull it but my next door neighbor does. His 4440 John Deere is also set with a hi/low PTO. You set it in high range and then you can idle the engine down for fuel savings..

Right before bad weather hits, it's dug out, hooked up to make sure it works correctly, then stored it till its needed. Both our houses are set for external power. Fortunately we haven't needed it...yet.

This isn't my pic but one like it...

http://www.wclittleton.com/katolite0801.jpg

===

Wow, that's a bigun.

---
http://www.avg.com

Agreed but I got it at a farm auction a few years ago, supposedly it didnn't work. I cleaned up some corroded wire connections and polished the commutator rings, and there we go. Sure it's overkill but for $350 bucks?

wrote:

[...]

I'm trying to envision how you'd mount that. The torque load has got
to be substantial. My stbd 6-71 has a spare PTO port but clearance,
not so much.

Jose's Sign John H[_2_] General 15 July 1st 10 01:25 PM
Jose Jalepeno [email protected] General 1 March 7th 08 04:14 PM
Hugo Vihlen to speak in San Jose Rob Malkin General 0 August 18th 04 05:11 AM
Kayakers in San Jose, CA Andrew Taylor General 1 January 13th 04 07:48 AM