Default Looks like Jose isn't very happy now,,,

On Mon, 18 Sep 2017 05:49:22 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 9/18/2017 1:56 AM, wrote:
On Sat, 16 Sep 2017 11:50:01 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 9/16/2017 11:36 AM, Tim wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/15/us/hur...ast/index.html

Kinda seems like the east coast could be threatened...

CNN?

Fake news. Gonna be sunny and warm. Beach weather. :-)

I think by the time it gets to us it will be just a strong nor'easter.
Rather have it now than in February.

I hope the models are better for you than they were for us. 3 days
out, Irma was a Miami storm. It came in over Marco, 100+ miles west.
I have been off the air so I have not been looking at the plots and
the news is pretty superficial if it is not coming here. They just
tell us "relax".

Good to hear you survived and didn't have too much damage. Living
without power for over a week is a bitch though and those contractor
type generators definitely burn a lot of gas. I had a 12.5Kw set up
during Wilma but quickly realized my supply of gas (5 or 6, 5 gal jugs)
wasn't going to last long if I ran it all the time. I used the little
Honda most of the time, just for the refer, a couple of lights and the
Direct TV box and TV.

I was surprised that the 5.5kw 10HP was not as bad on gasoline as I
feared. I was only burning about 10-12 gallons a day running it most
of the time. When I switched it to propane it really started being a
hog but it never turns off. I burn about 20 gallons a day if the gauge
is even close to right.
I think I may go back to gasoline if this doesn't get fixed soon. Gas
is easy now. I do know generator power is pretty damned expensive,
either way. I just hate handling the gas. I always seem to spill some.
It would be better if the gas tank was a little farther away from the
generator. I may start looking for an 18 or so gallon used boat gas
tank that I could set up on blocks several feet away. Then I could use
my big funnel that I fill the boat with. There is a quick disco on the
generator so it would be easy to swap over from the tank on the genset

We are currently in a Tropical Storm Watch for Jose. It appears it will
track well south of us but will expand, spreading some rain and wind
tomorrow and Wednesday. No big deal around here. I am watching the
other one, "Maria". Still way to early to predict but the Euro model
has it tracking right up the coast and hitting Cape Cod.

I will take a look at the plots but I wish you luck. Nobody needs this
crap.