Rob Malkin

Default Hugo Vihlen to speak in San Jose

Hello all:

I'm in the Coast Guard Auxiliary and we have a speaker coming to the area
(San Jose, CA) that I thought some of you might be interested in. He's Hugo
Vihlen. Hugo set a world record for crossing the Atlantic in the smallest
sailboat up to that time. This was in 1968 and he was at sea for 85 days.
The length of his sailboat? 6 feet! Twenty-five years later he broke his own
world record by doing it agaiin, this time his boat was 5'4" long! He was at
sea 105 days on this second trip.
We have him coming to speak on Thursday, September 23 and I thought some of
you might be interested. The details a

Hugo Vihlen

Thursday, September 23 at 7:30 PM

Microsoft Conference Center

1065 La Avenida St.

Mountain View, CA

Admission is $10 in advance; $15 at the door. The admission is a tax
deductible donation to the Coast Guard Auxiliary and all proceeds will go to
the Auxiliary's AIM (Academy Introduction Mission) program which assists the
CG in recruiting cadet candidates.

There's a web site with more information at:

http://www.devans.com/smallboatrecord.html

Thanks.