Default Law of Gravity

On Sun, 30 Apr 2017 08:57:45 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

My concern was about parking a car with a hot
catalytic converter (and they *do* get hot) on a greasy, oil laden
carpet.

People actually PARK in their garage?
I thought it was just supposed to be your shop.

On Sun, 30 Apr 2017 10:27:43 -0400, Poco Deplorevole
wrote:

Yup, old Triumphs and Harleys did a lot of oil leaking.

Most of the reputation of Harleys "leaking" actually came from the
chain oiler. You can turn that off or dial it way down.
Properly adjusted, it will leave a drop under the front sprocket after
running all day.

On Sun, 30 Apr 2017 07:49:16 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

Poco Deplorevole
On Sun, 30 Apr 2017 07:11:54 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

Johnny, if you're so confident everything is fine why not go ask your local fire dept if carpets on a garage floor are a good thing. *I've never heard of it. *Even in those garage shows they have the nice looking black and white vinyl squares.
Doctor Who used to own the house next door had a 1969 Triumph Bonville *and that sure did leak on his cement garage floor.

"Yup, old Triumphs and Harleys did a lot of oil leaking.

Well guess what. Now you've heard of it. Been doing it for over 50 years, since I bought my first
house, except when overseas of course.

But, if it worries you, don't do it."

So.....no consult with the fire dept?
You're quite piece of work, Johnny.

Thanks, Donnee.

wrote:

Yup, old Triumphs and Harleys did a lot of oil leaking.

Most of the reputation of Harleys "leaking" actually came from the
chain oiler. You can turn that off or dial it way down.
Properly adjusted, it will leave a drop under the front sprocket after
running all day.

I remember when I brought my Honda motorcycle out to Kansas and kept it
on the concrete pad under the raised porch behind the fraternity house.
There were three other bikes there, all British, Triumph and BSA. There
was never a drop of oil under my Honda, but the Brit bikes leaked - a
lot. The Honda started up right away, too, unlike the Brit bikes.

To see a lot of older, beautiful British bikes, head up to Clarksburg next month. Ride your Ducati.

http://classicmotorcycleday.org/

The last time I was there a couple guys rode up on very loud Harleys. Parking was up a gravel rode
and then into some wet grass. These two looked around for about ten minutes, got back on their bikes
and rapped their straight pipes several times to get attention. Then the first guy took off and
tried to make a quick turn. Down he went.

Yes, a lot of us laughed our asses off.

wrote:

My concern was about parking a car with a hot
catalytic converter (and they *do* get hot) on a greasy, oil laden
carpet.

People actually PARK in their garage?
I thought it was just supposed to be your shop.

Wife requires parking space for her car.

wrote:

Yup, old Triumphs and Harleys did a lot of oil leaking.

Most of the reputation of Harleys "leaking" actually came from the
chain oiler. You can turn that off or dial it way down.
Properly adjusted, it will leave a drop under the front sprocket after
running all day.

Harley did not leak. They marked their spot.