Default Interesting Uber ride

Our La jolla friend has moved to Naples but she does not drive (health
issue). She is an Uber person.
The other day she called for an Uber ride and a Tesla showed up.
That is not your average Uber I bet.
The guy said he was testing the idea of a upscale Uber.
Only in Naples I guess.

wrote:
Our La jolla friend has moved to Naples but she does not drive (health
issue). She is an Uber person.
The other day she called for an Uber ride and a Tesla showed up.
That is not your average Uber I bet.
The guy said he was testing the idea of a upscale Uber.
Only in Naples I guess.

My wife's friend just moved to another area and bought a Tesla. Is signing
up with Uber.

On Tue, 01 Dec 2015 16:27:31 -0500, wrote:

On Tue, 01 Dec 2015 13:32:51 -0500,

wrote:

On Tue, 01 Dec 2015 12:28:33 -0500, John H.
wrote:

On Tue, 01 Dec 2015 01:31:05 -0500,
wrote:

Our La jolla friend has moved to Naples but she does not drive (health
issue). She is an Uber person.
The other day she called for an Uber ride and a Tesla showed up.
That is not your average Uber I bet.
The guy said he was testing the idea of a upscale Uber.
Only in Naples I guess.

I suppose I'm the only one who had to look up 'Uber ride'.

===

Next time you need a taxi, try Uber. I think you'll be pleasantly
surprised. They've even arrived here in small town Florida.

Lots of places are cracking down on them, mostly places with
"medallion" cabs. I heard the Keys is on them pretty bad and somewhere
over on the east coast.
Some of it is protecting licensed hacks but there is also the
uncollected tax issue.

===

Uber somehow got by the medallion cabs in NYC. If they can do it
there it's just a matter of time before everywhere. It's a great
service and people love it, so popular opinion is on their side. The
Keys are probably just trying to protect their own but they'll lose to
Uber's big legal guns eventually.

There's no more reason for uncollected taxes that there is with any
other independent contractor. It might even be easier with Uber since
there are electronic records of every fare tied back to the driver.

wrote:

[...]

I assume they get a 1099 for the fares they collect but they are still
not paying the local hack taxes. At least that is the complaint.
"Gypsy cabs" have always operated in NYC, pretty much with impunity.

On Tue, 1 Dec 2015 13:39:31 -0800, Califbill billnews wrote:

wrote:
Our La jolla friend has moved to Naples but she does not drive (health
issue). She is an Uber person.
The other day she called for an Uber ride and a Tesla showed up.
That is not your average Uber I bet.
The guy said he was testing the idea of a upscale Uber.
Only in Naples I guess.

My wife's friend just moved to another area and bought a Tesla. Is signing
up with Uber.

The Tesla reliability is catching hell in the latest Consumer Reports. It still tops
the charts in the road tests though.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

Interesting boat ride on a 26 Twin Vee [email protected] General 5 March 29th 06 05:58 AM
Early-bird bike ride helps Sierra Club ("Morning Glory" ride) Garrison Hilliard General 5 July 8th 05 05:44 PM
On Topic: Interesting boat ride Gould 0738 General 3 September 15th 04 05:27 PM
OT : Jingoism uber allles Rick General 0 December 16th 03 06:41 AM
Interesting boat ride...... Gould 0738 General 21 October 21st 03 02:00 AM