BoatBanter.com

-   -   Interesting Uber ride (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/169560-interesting-uber-ride.html)

[email protected] December 1st 15 06:31 AM

Interesting Uber ride

Our La jolla friend has moved to Naples but she does not drive (health
issue). She is an Uber person.
The other day she called for an Uber ride and a Tesla showed up.
That is not your average Uber I bet.
The guy said he was testing the idea of a upscale Uber.
Only in Naples I guess.

Justan Olphart[_2_] December 1st 15 01:32 PM

Interesting Uber ride

On 12/1/2015 1:31 AM, wrote:
Our La jolla friend has moved to Naples but she does not drive (health
issue). She is an Uber person.
The other day she called for an Uber ride and a Tesla showed up.
That is not your average Uber I bet.
The guy said he was testing the idea of a upscale Uber.
Only in Naples I guess.

Bentleys and Rolls are more typical conveyances in Naples.

John H.[_5_] December 1st 15 05:28 PM

Interesting Uber ride

On Tue, 01 Dec 2015 01:31:05 -0500, wrote:

Our La jolla friend has moved to Naples but she does not drive (health
issue). She is an Uber person.
The other day she called for an Uber ride and a Tesla showed up.
That is not your average Uber I bet.
The guy said he was testing the idea of a upscale Uber.
Only in Naples I guess.

I suppose I'm the only one who had to look up 'Uber ride'.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

True North[_2_] December 1st 15 05:36 PM

Interesting Uber ride

On Tuesday, 1 December 2015 13:28:31 UTC-4, John H. wrote:
On Tue, 01 Dec 2015 01:31:05 -0500, wrote:

Our La jolla friend has moved to Naples but she does not drive (health
issue). She is an Uber person.
The other day she called for an Uber ride and a Tesla showed up.
That is not your average Uber I bet.
The guy said he was testing the idea of a upscale Uber.
Only in Naples I guess.

I suppose I'm the only one who had to look up 'Uber ride'.
--

~~ SNERK ~~
I'm sure no one is surprised at that.

[email protected] December 1st 15 06:32 PM

Interesting Uber ride

On Tue, 01 Dec 2015 12:28:33 -0500, John H.
wrote:

On Tue, 01 Dec 2015 01:31:05 -0500, wrote:

Our La jolla friend has moved to Naples but she does not drive (health
issue). She is an Uber person.
The other day she called for an Uber ride and a Tesla showed up.
That is not your average Uber I bet.
The guy said he was testing the idea of a upscale Uber.
Only in Naples I guess.

I suppose I'm the only one who had to look up 'Uber ride'.

===

Next time you need a taxi, try Uber. I think you'll be pleasantly
surprised. They've even arrived here in small town Florida.

[email protected] December 1st 15 09:27 PM

Interesting Uber ride

wrote:

Our La jolla friend has moved to Naples but she does not drive (health
issue). She is an Uber person.
The other day she called for an Uber ride and a Tesla showed up.
That is not your average Uber I bet.
The guy said he was testing the idea of a upscale Uber.
Only in Naples I guess.

I suppose I'm the only one who had to look up 'Uber ride'.

===

Next time you need a taxi, try Uber. I think you'll be pleasantly
surprised. They've even arrived here in small town Florida.

Lots of places are cracking down on them, mostly places with
"medallion" cabs. I heard the Keys is on them pretty bad and somewhere
over on the east coast.
Some of it is protecting licensed hacks but there is also the
uncollected tax issue.

Califbill December 1st 15 09:39 PM

Interesting Uber ride

wrote:
Our La jolla friend has moved to Naples but she does not drive (health
issue). She is an Uber person.
The other day she called for an Uber ride and a Tesla showed up.
That is not your average Uber I bet.
The guy said he was testing the idea of a upscale Uber.
Only in Naples I guess.

My wife's friend just moved to another area and bought a Tesla. Is signing
up with Uber.

[email protected] December 1st 15 09:58 PM

Interesting Uber ride

wrote:

Our La jolla friend has moved to Naples but she does not drive (health
issue). She is an Uber person.
The other day she called for an Uber ride and a Tesla showed up.
That is not your average Uber I bet.
The guy said he was testing the idea of a upscale Uber.
Only in Naples I guess.

I suppose I'm the only one who had to look up 'Uber ride'.

===

Next time you need a taxi, try Uber. I think you'll be pleasantly
surprised. They've even arrived here in small town Florida.

Lots of places are cracking down on them, mostly places with
"medallion" cabs. I heard the Keys is on them pretty bad and somewhere
over on the east coast.
Some of it is protecting licensed hacks but there is also the
uncollected tax issue.

===

Uber somehow got by the medallion cabs in NYC. If they can do it
there it's just a matter of time before everywhere. It's a great
service and people love it, so popular opinion is on their side. The
Keys are probably just trying to protect their own but they'll lose to
Uber's big legal guns eventually.

There's no more reason for uncollected taxes that there is with any
other independent contractor. It might even be easier with Uber since
there are electronic records of every fare tied back to the driver.

[email protected] December 1st 15 10:18 PM

Interesting Uber ride

wrote:

[...]

I assume they get a 1099 for the fares they collect but they are still
not paying the local hack taxes. At least that is the complaint.
"Gypsy cabs" have always operated in NYC, pretty much with impunity.

John H.[_5_] December 1st 15 11:36 PM

Interesting Uber ride

On Tue, 1 Dec 2015 13:39:31 -0800, Califbill billnews wrote:

wrote:
Our La jolla friend has moved to Naples but she does not drive (health
issue). She is an Uber person.
The other day she called for an Uber ride and a Tesla showed up.
That is not your average Uber I bet.
The guy said he was testing the idea of a upscale Uber.
Only in Naples I guess.

My wife's friend just moved to another area and bought a Tesla. Is signing
up with Uber.

The Tesla reliability is catching hell in the latest Consumer Reports. It still tops
the charts in the road tests though.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!