Sean

Default Crimes in Marinas and anchorages

Deos anyone know if it's possible to get statistics on crimes
committed in anchorages or marinas in the NorthEast USA?

I'm assuming the Coast Guard is a generic place to start but does
anyone know of anything specific?

Thanks
Doug Kanter

The FBI collects stats on all sorts of crime. Maybe their web site's got
something. Or, your insurance company??? Unless your agent's a one-trick
pony, he might know who to call for that kind of info.

"Sean" none wrote in message
Deos anyone know if it's possible to get statistics on crimes
committed in anchorages or marinas in the NorthEast USA?

I'm assuming the Coast Guard is a generic place to start but does
anyone know of anything specific?

Thanks

Pockets of Resistance

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 16:36:29 -0400, Sean none wrote:

Deos anyone know if it's possible to get statistics on crimes
committed in anchorages or marinas in the NorthEast USA?

The FBI collects all sorts of crime stats. Check their website.
Capt. Mooron

Why?.... you looking for easier pickin's?

CM
"Sean" none wrote in message
| Deos anyone know if it's possible to get statistics on crimes
| committed in anchorages or marinas in the NorthEast USA?
|
| I'm assuming the Coast Guard is a generic place to start but does
| anyone know of anything specific?
|
| Thanks

Gould 0738

I'm continuously amazed that more stuff isn't ripped off from boats. Million
dollar boats with $8 padlocks? Very common.
$20,000 dinghies and outboards hanging from davits with *no* security at all.

Guess it goes to show that most boaters aren't thieves, and that the bad guys
do tend to rip off their own neighborhoods.

jps

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
I'm continuously amazed that more stuff isn't ripped off from boats.

Million
dollar boats with $8 padlocks? Very common.
$20,000 dinghies and outboards hanging from davits with *no* security at

all.

Guess it goes to show that most boaters aren't thieves, and that the bad

guys
do tend to rip off their own neighborhoods.

At the end of the season I left our bicycles on the back deck. The boat is
moored bow in so getting to the back deck requires going down the finger
pier. Nothing happened for a couple of months. This past weekend I was
visiting the boat with some friends to celebrate a birthday and, low and
behold, my wife's bike was gone. While it wasn't an expensive model, it's
still a ****er to have someone board your boat to help themselves to your
property.

Gfretwell

I'm continuously amazed that more stuff isn't ripped off from boats. Million
dollar boats with $8 padlocks?

Dialing 911 is just one of the options.
If nobody saw anything, as a burglar likes to make it, they won't notice if the
burglar doesn't come back from the boat ride.
Capt. Mooron

I guess you don't hang around City Marina.... I hear lots of stuff goes
missing there.
Didn't someone here once brag it only took them a minute or two to steal a
CQR one night?

CM

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
| The biggest crime at most marinas is the nice sailboats that sit at the
dock
| and don't get sailed.
|
| Scotty
|

| "Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
| Why?.... you looking for easier pickin's?
|
| CM
| "Sean" none wrote in message
| | Deos anyone know if it's possible to get statistics on crimes
| | committed in anchorages or marinas in the NorthEast USA?
| |
| | I'm assuming the Coast Guard is a generic place to start but does
| | anyone know of anything specific?
| |
| | Thanks

Scott Vernon