Doug Kanter

Default Crimes in Marinas and anchorages

"Butch Ammon" wrote in message
I know that the USCG carries M-16's below deck, and they also carry

either
the
new Beretta M92 9mm, or they still carry the old standard Springfield

1911
.45
(which I remember qualifying on during bootcamp back then).

Butch Ammon

Hopefully not the 9mm. Could the defense dept be so dumb as to make the

CG
comply with NATO "ammo compatibility" rules, when they're most likely
targets will be terrorists or drug smugglers armed with much larger

weapons?

'fraid so.... The USCG phased out the legendary Springfield 1911 in favor

of
the Beretta 9mm to be in compliance. Heck, I think *ALL* the services are

now
carrying the 9mm! I think it was during mid/late 80's when the services

did
that.

Butch Ammon

Hopefully they still have shotguns and a deck mounted goodie.

Gfretwell

The USCG that boarded me near Ft Myers Beach Fl had a M16, a shotgun and M9
sidearms.
Wayne B

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message ...
A $20,000 dinghy? What are we talking about here - a woodworker's wet dream?
:-)

===============================

Not at all. It's not uncommon for a decent sized motor yacht to have
a 17 to 23 ft center console or RIB, powered by fair sized outboard.
DownTime

this is my home play area as well. been boarded in the Keys many times
during lobster season, but never in this area.

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On 22 Oct 2003 20:57:45 GMT, reg (Gfretwell) wrote:
The USCG that boarded me near Ft Myers Beach Fl had a M16, a shotgun and

M9
sidearms.

==========================

You're talking about my new back yard play area here. :-) What were
they looking for?

Gould 0738

any chance you are the same Wayne who sells Contenders?

What? Are the Democrats accepting bribes already? (Just Joking!! Really!!)
Gfretwell

The USCG that boarded me near Ft Myers Beach Fl had a M16, a shotgun and M9
sidearms.

==========================

You're talking about my new back yard play area here. :-) What were
they looking for?

Damifino. It WAS about 2 AM on the beach at Lovers Key, just outside the BC
bridge. They came up on me, lights out, in the RIB and lit us up like daylight.
I assume they thought it was a drug deal or something. After shaking us out a
few minutes and telling me I couldn't get to the Estero river from there they
kicked us loose. Then followed us as far as they dared toward the river. I'm
not sure when they figured out my dog ****ed on their life jackets. Serves them
right for not having them on I guess ;-)
They did know they were "boarded" though and they tossed the dog back on my
boat before they kicked us.
BTW
Welcome to the Lee Island Coast!
check out http://hometown.aol.com/boatestero
Look at the links for the aerial photograph links. Print the 1999 pictures on a
black and white printer (laser is best) and they will help you get around the
back bays. The deeper water shows darker on there IR photos. They are around 8
meg and you can blow them up to a great level of detail without losing
resolution.
The pictures go back to 1944.

Gfretwell

Thanks. We're going to be in Cape Coral full time by mid to late
November.

Those aerials won't help you much then. They are just the Estero and San Carlos
bay. I assume it was someone's Master's thesis. They are on tthe FGCU web site.
They are still fun for "gee whiz" info about how this place has grown in the
last 60 years.