Doug Kanter

Default Crimes in Marinas and anchorages

"Butch Ammon" wrote in message
I know that the USCG carries M-16's below deck, and they also carry

either
the
new Beretta M92 9mm, or they still carry the old standard Springfield

1911
.45
(which I remember qualifying on during bootcamp back then).

Butch Ammon

Hopefully not the 9mm. Could the defense dept be so dumb as to make the

CG
comply with NATO "ammo compatibility" rules, when they're most likely
targets will be terrorists or drug smugglers armed with much larger

weapons?

'fraid so.... The USCG phased out the legendary Springfield 1911 in favor

of
the Beretta 9mm to be in compliance. Heck, I think *ALL* the services are

now
carrying the 9mm! I think it was during mid/late 80's when the services

did
that.

Butch Ammon

Hopefully they still have shotguns and a deck mounted goodie.