jps

Default Crimes in Marinas and anchorages

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
I'm continuously amazed that more stuff isn't ripped off from boats.

Million
dollar boats with $8 padlocks? Very common.
$20,000 dinghies and outboards hanging from davits with *no* security at

all.

Guess it goes to show that most boaters aren't thieves, and that the bad

guys
do tend to rip off their own neighborhoods.

At the end of the season I left our bicycles on the back deck. The boat is
moored bow in so getting to the back deck requires going down the finger
pier. Nothing happened for a couple of months. This past weekend I was
visiting the boat with some friends to celebrate a birthday and, low and
behold, my wife's bike was gone. While it wasn't an expensive model, it's
still a ****er to have someone board your boat to help themselves to your
property.