Default First Power Outage...

....of the winter season. Not snowing, not raining, not sleeting, not
even very cold. Off now for 23 minutes. Maybe someone hit a power pole
on the main drag... Generator kicked on.

--
Let’s elect a gay black woman with a latino lover president,
if only for the possibility of provoking a right-wing mass suicide.
Senior Member

Location: Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Söze View Post
....of the winter season. Not snowing, not raining, not sleeting, not
even very cold. Off now for 23 minutes. Maybe someone hit a power pole
on the main drag... Generator kicked on.

--
Let’s elect a gay black woman with a latino lover president,
if only for the possibility of provoking a right-wing mass suicide.
Well, its nice that you have the generator as a backup. I use my Honda EU2000i whenever my power goes out. It will run what I need to keep running. Living in a condo so no way to put up a permanent generator. If I ever get another house I will get a fixed permanent generator.
__________________
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club
www.wrycc.com

On Tue, 16 Dec 2014 09:50:43 +0000, RGrew176
wrote:

Keyser Söze;1022214 Wrote:
....of the winter season. Not snowing, not raining, not sleeting, not
even very cold. Off now for 23 minutes. Maybe someone hit a power pole
on the main drag... Generator kicked on.

--
Let’s elect a gay black woman with a latino lover president,
if only for the possibility of provoking a right-wing mass suicide.

Well, its nice that you have the generator as a backup. I use my Honda
EU2000i whenever my power goes out. It will run what I need to keep
running. Living in a condo so no way to put up a permanent generator. If
I ever get another house I will get a fixed permanent generator.

That will be my next generator, even though I live in a house. I may
go for the 'sister' also. Then I could put the trailer in the drive
and have enough power to live for months if need be.
--

Here's hoping you have a very Merry Christmas, and a spectacular New Year!

John H.
"That will be my next generator, even though I live in a house. I may
go for the 'sister' also. Then I could put the trailer in the drive
and have enough power to live for months if need be."

Huh?
Is Mrs Herring threatening to kick your sorry ass to the curb again?

On 12/16/2014 9:00 AM, True North wrote:
John H.
"That will be my next generator, even though I live in a house. I may
go for the 'sister' also. Then I could put the trailer in the drive
and have enough power to live for months if need be."

Huh?
Is Mrs Herring threatening to kick your sorry ass to the curb again?

You have a reading comprehension problem too?

--
Patriotic Americans dump on Krause.

On Tue, 16 Dec 2014 06:00:50 -0800 (PST), True North
wrote:

John H.
"That will be my next generator, even though I live in a house. I may
go for the 'sister' also. Then I could put the trailer in the drive
and have enough power to live for months if need be."

Huh?
Is Mrs Herring threatening to kick your sorry ass to the curb again?

Well Don, that's an idea too, but the thread was about power outages.
I can understand how you could be a bit confused.
--

Here's hoping you have a very Merry Christmas, and a spectacular New Year!

On Tue, 16 Dec 2014 08:06:48 -0500, Toad Gigger
wrote:

That will be my next generator, even though I live in a house. I may
go for the 'sister' also. Then I could put the trailer in the drive
and have enough power to live for months if need be.

===

If you have a widespread outage, fuel supply becomes an issue very
quickly. We were running on a small Honda generator for 10 days after
hurricane Charlie in 2004, sharing power with a neighbor. He and I
were taking turns driving 40 miles round trip every night to find gas
stations that could still pump fuel. A large underground propane tank
is probably the best bet for most homeowners.

On 12/16/14 4:50 AM, RGrew176 wrote:
Keyser Söze;1022214 Wrote:
....of the winter season. Not snowing, not raining, not sleeting, not
even very cold. Off now for 23 minutes. Maybe someone hit a power pole
on the main drag... Generator kicked on.

--
Let’s elect a gay black woman with a latino lover president,
if only for the possibility of provoking a right-wing mass suicide.

Well, its nice that you have the generator as a backup. I use my Honda
EU2000i whenever my power goes out. It will run what I need to keep
running. Living in a condo so no way to put up a permanent generator. If
I ever get another house I will get a fixed permanent generator.

Power was out for an hour...I didn't investigate but I suspect tree
limbs falling on a power line.

--
Let’s elect a gay black woman with a latino lover president,
if only for the possibility of provoking a right-wing mass suicide.

wrote:

That will be my next generator, even though I live in a house. I may
go for the 'sister' also. Then I could put the trailer in the drive
and have enough power to live for months if need be.

===

If you have a widespread outage, fuel supply becomes an issue very
quickly. We were running on a small Honda generator for 10 days after
hurricane Charlie in 2004, sharing power with a neighbor. He and I
were taking turns driving 40 miles round trip every night to find gas
stations that could still pump fuel. A large underground propane tank
is probably the best bet for most homeowners.

You're right, of course. We've been very lucky here, and I thank my
lucky stars for Dominion Power. We've been here close to 25 years and
I don't think our power has ever been out for more than 4-6 hours. And
that happened only when an underground (in my front yard) transformer
blew. I thought it was a 105mm round going off.
--

Here's hoping you have a very Merry Christmas, and a spectacular New Year!

On 12/16/14 9:00 AM, True North wrote:
John H.
"That will be my next generator, even though I live in a house. I may
go for the 'sister' also. Then I could put the trailer in the drive
and have enough power to live for months if need be."

Huh?
Is Mrs Herring threatening to kick your sorry ass to the curb again?

That trailer would be cheaper than sending him to an "Assisted Living
Center" for Alzheimer's patients, which is where he belongs.

The Power... CaveLamb Cruising 3 May 21st 11 12:18 AM
Power Outage! :o( Steve Cruising 2 December 23rd 03 01:31 PM
OT- Power outage in NY. Coincidence? noah General 222 September 24th 03 06:50 AM
Using a generator for AC power in absence of shore power Zeki Gunay Electronics 1 August 7th 03 05:24 PM