Zeki Gunay

Default Using a generator for AC power in absence of shore power

Hi, I am wondering if anybody has encountered a problem while using a
generator to supply ac power to their battery charger. We have a HONDA
general purpose generator which outputs power on demand. However, as
chargers have time-variant power demands, the generator for a few
seconds, fails to deliver the power and the charger returns a supply
failure message. I will post the type and make of the charger. Any
tips would be appreciated.
Zeki S. Gunay

Steve

I have a Exide 2000 Platinum charger inverter.

It has a sense watt adjustment that allows me to leave it in a idle mod (no
demand) and the generator is able to cause the unit to switch to charge when
there is power on the AC input line.

--
My opinion and experience. FWIW

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Can I use Solid wire for rewiring sailboat if not WHY? Tom Shilson Cruising 107 June 5th 04 01:28 AM
Power cost of idle electric water heater Phil Sherrod Cruising 21 April 3rd 04 04:24 PM
Shore Power Parallax Cruising 5 October 15th 03 02:18 PM
Steel hull - electrical ground Joao Penha-Lopes Boat Building 6 September 7th 03 10:28 PM