BoatBanter.com

-   Electronics (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   Using a generator for AC power in absence of shore power (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/10554-using-generator-ac-power-absence-shore-power.html)

Zeki Gunay August 7th 03 02:31 PM

Using a generator for AC power in absence of shore power

Hi, I am wondering if anybody has encountered a problem while using a
generator to supply ac power to their battery charger. We have a HONDA
general purpose generator which outputs power on demand. However, as
chargers have time-variant power demands, the generator for a few
seconds, fails to deliver the power and the charger returns a supply
failure message. I will post the type and make of the charger. Any
tips would be appreciated.
Zeki S. Gunay

Steve August 7th 03 05:24 PM

Using a generator for AC power in absence of shore power

I have a Exide 2000 Platinum charger inverter.

It has a sense watt adjustment that allows me to leave it in a idle mod (no
demand) and the generator is able to cause the unit to switch to charge when
there is power on the AC input line.

--
My opinion and experience. FWIW

Steve