Default New iPhone...

wrote:
On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 11:11:39 -0500, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

This past week one of my clients wanted me to write and add an entire
new section to a brochure we are revising. He was leaving for Europe for
a couple of weeks of business travel and we spent nearly three hours on
the phone discussing it and taking notes while he was at his office,
being driven to BWI, and waiting for his plane. That accounted for 175
minutes, according to my call logger (billable hours, you know).

It sounds like the phone was actually slowing down the process.

Without phones I wouldn't have been able to get what he wanted.

In article ,
says...

On Sunday, 3 November 2013 15:04:56 UTC-4, John H wrote:
On Sun, 3 Nov 2013 13:23:11 -0500, iBoaterer wrote:

In article ,

says...

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 08:20:01 -0500, Hank© wrote:

On 11/3/2013 6:11 AM, True North wrote:

SNERK...

Did you actually include yourself with "hard workers" trying to pay back taxes?

You are an amusing little man.

You pay more RE taxes on 1/3 the house, than Harry's wife pays on her

house. Doesn't that just frost your balls?

You may be referring to something Don is in need of. Hell, he can't even answer a question about his

political choices.

John H. -- Hope you're having a great day!

John, is this senility or have you been diagnosed with some other memory

problem? I ask because you keep saying the same thing several times a

day.

How often have you come to Don's defense? You keep saying the same things, time after time. Does he

need your protection?

Do you have a memory problem?

Don't answer.

John H. -- Hope you're having a great day!

Wozzers Johnny, you really have a splinter or something up your butt lately.
I recommend you apply some of your namesake balm to sooth things down....
yes that would be Preparation H.

I find it just hilarious that he thinks he runs this newsgroup! When he
goes camping, he leave someone else "in charge", and thinks he can tell
me when to not answer! Newsflash, I'll do whatever I want when I want.

On 11/4/13, 7:46 AM, iBoaterer wrote:
[...]

Johnny Mop apparently thinks he's still in the army, and people have to
pay attention to his ravings because he's an ossifer.

--
Religion: together we can find the cure.

What's that disease where older people tend to check out of today's reality and re-live their youth?
I believe it starts with a..... ;-)

On 11/4/2013 7:49 AM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
I find it just hilarious that he thinks he runs this newsgroup! When he
goes camping, he leave someone else "in charge", and thinks he can tell
me when to not answer! Newsflash, I'll do whatever I want when I want.

Johnny Mop apparently thinks he's still in the army, and people have to
pay attention to his ravings because he's an ossifer.

--
Religion: together we can find the cure.

There's just no slowing you two dowm. Birds of a feather. It's sad to
see that Harry has deteriorated to the intellectual level of a Loogie.

On 11/4/2013 8:02 AM, True North wrote:
What's that disease where older people tend to check out of today's reality and re-live their youth?
I believe it starts with a..... ;-)

Harry's been that way since we've known him. Recall the "My dad"
stories. He still returns to the haunts of his youth, several times a
year, to wax nostalgic.
Say goodby to your old friend while he still recognizes you; or not.

On 11/4/13, 8:02 AM, True North wrote:
What's that disease where older people tend to check out of today's reality and re-live their youth?
I believe it starts with a..... ;-)

Apparently Johnny Mop has his youth and that of a previous generation
confused, what with the reference to WW II.

I have some fond memories of my childhood and teen years, some involving
family, some involving friends, and only one serious regret.

--
Religion: together we can find the cure.

wrote:
On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 10:40:07 -0500, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

I use the email and data (file transfers, downloads, et cetera) more
than I use voice. I checked the other day and I am using about 400
minutes of "voice" a month, more or less. That's more than I thought.

I go months at a time that I never even turn my cell phone on.

I doubt I use 10 minutes a month on my wired phone.

Our kids live 350 miles away. We have no long distance on the wired phone,
so rack up the minutes on the cell phone. When I need to fax, I use a
phone card. 1.5 cents a minute.

On 11/4/2013 12:33 PM, Califbill wrote:
wrote:
On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 10:40:07 -0500, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

I use the email and data (file transfers, downloads, et cetera) more
than I use voice. I checked the other day and I am using about 400
minutes of "voice" a month, more or less. That's more than I thought.

I go months at a time that I never even turn my cell phone on.

I doubt I use 10 minutes a month on my wired phone.

Our kids live 350 miles away. We have no long distance on the wired phone,
so rack up the minutes on the cell phone. When I need to fax, I use a
phone card. 1.5 cents a minute.

We got sick of trucks taking out our phone lines and they couldn't go
any higher on the pole so we finally dumped our wired service. My wife
has an IPhone and a Tablet for work, the rest of us have the cheap
Virgin Mobile plan with pretty decent phones, Samsung s3, which I use
every day. I run "Square" for taking Credit Card payments, and use the
Google Navigation and search every day...

F.O.A.D. wrote:
On 11/2/13, 11:24 PM, Charlemagne wrote:
On 11/2/2013 10:48 PM, Earl wrote:
Hank© wrote:
On 11/1/2013 3:53 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
My cell service provider is offering a $300 trade in against a new
iPhone for iPhone 5's, so, despite my saying I would ignore the 5S, I
made "the jump" earlier today. I was motivated by the fact that my
11-year-old iPod was in the process of giving up the ghost and I
thought
a larger memory iPhone would hold the 20 GB of music I like to carry
around. The larger memory capacity iPhone 5S fits the bill. It
ended up
costing me $30 out of pocket with my trade-in. Not bad.

The 5S is exactly the same size as the 5, physically, and has a
fingerprint sensor to allow user access. I won't be using that...too
techie for my taste. It supposedly is faster because of a newer
processor, but I haven't had it long enough to notice any
differences.

Comes in three colors now...a goldtone, grey-black and silver white.
The
latter was the only color in stock.

Oh rats. I just bought my first Android phone. I should have waited
for this months latest greatest Apple thing-a-ma-jig.
Next week it will be a report about his new top-of-the-line toaster.
Amazing stuff from a guy who refuses to pay his taxes.

Yup, those of us who are working hard to pay our back debts, can't
afford IPhones... He really should be trying to pay back the individuals
and small businessmen and women he ripped off in Florida before he ran
out and hid all of his assets...

There are latest model iPhones available that cost no more than other
popular smart phones, and Verizon, at least, doesn't give a damn what
smartphone you have...the cost of service is determine by the package
you want. I got my new iPhone for $30 out of pocket.

You can get a new iPhone 4S for ninety-nine cents with a two year
contract. I think you can get an unlimited talk, unlimited message,
and a GB of data for around $100 a month and that would be the same
for any smart phone you choose. Multiple phones on the same share plan
would be less per phone.

The two year contract requirement doesn't bother me. We've been
Verizon customers for more than 15 years, and have no incentive to
switch carriers. The carriers' plans are pretty much competitive.

You've indicated you have a smartphone with a data package. On a per
line basis, I would guess your costs are about the same as mine.

Nice try, asshole.

So the expense of the phone, and service, makes it OK (in your mind) to
pay for that rather than settling up with he people of the US who yo
have screwed?

Apple's new iPhone 5S and IOS 7... F.O.A.D. General 24 September 15th 13 12:38 PM
iPhone Jailbreak... ESAD General 155 February 8th 13 05:26 PM
To iphone or not to iphone Frogwatch[_2_] General 16 May 4th 10 09:58 PM
AIS iPhone App... Bob Cruising 2 November 16th 09 03:10 AM
Got an iPhone? AIS in your pocket! Larry Electronics 2 June 30th 09 06:03 AM