Default Apple's new iPhone 5S and IOS 7...

Apple announced two "new" iPhones this week, the 5s and the 5c.

The 5s has a 64-bit processor, an improved camera, and a security turn
on switch that reads your fingerprint. Not enough, probably, for most
owners of the *5* to upgrade. The other new phone is the 5c, which
basically is the current model 5 in a less expensive case.

The latest upgrade to the operating system, IOS 7, gets released to the
public next week. It has a slew of upgrades and improvements, some
major, some minor, and it is to be distributed for free. In fact, it
already is available widely as a "bootlegged" general release. I like
the new Control Center and a few more features. Some parts of it look a
lot different, and will take some getting used to...

"F.O.A.D." wrote in message
m...

Apple announced two "new" iPhones this week, the 5s and the 5c.

The 5s has a 64-bit processor, an improved camera, and a security turn
on switch that reads your fingerprint. Not enough, probably, for most
owners of the *5* to upgrade. The other new phone is the 5c, which
basically is the current model 5 in a less expensive case.

The latest upgrade to the operating system, IOS 7, gets released to
the
public next week. It has a slew of upgrades and improvements, some
major, some minor, and it is to be distributed for free. In fact, it
already is available widely as a "bootlegged" general release. I like
the new Control Center and a few more features. Some parts of it look
lot different, and will take some getting used to...

-----------------------------

I don't understand the fascination with iPhones. My lawyer buddy is
also an iPhone freak and has to have the latest and greatest,
including whatever software update is current this month. He drives
me nuts with it. To show off, he calls someone named "Siri" and
asks where the nearest Pizza joint is. Wow.

I have a two or three year old cell phone that my wife arranged for
me. It's an Android something. (She has since "upgraded" to an
iPhone.)
Once in a while it will ring. If I happen to hear it, I answer it.
Most of the time it sits on a shelf.

On 9/13/13 8:40 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

"F.O.A.D." wrote in message
m...

[...]

If you like Apple's design style, then the iPhone has a lot of appeal.
It also has a few features the competition does not yet have, but for
the most part, it is pretty much the same as other top of the line
"smart" phones. It does mesh nicely with Apple's computer products,
though, and I like that.

I had an Android smart phone a few years ago, and it certainly performed
as a phone as well as the iPhone.

In article , "Mr. Luddite" says...

"F.O.A.D." wrote in message
m...

[...]

I liked my BlackBerry better than the iPhone 5 I have now. The iPhone is a lousy business
communications device.
Banned

NO ONE cares, you old ****.

On 9/13/13 10:16 PM, skin a cat wrote:
On 9/13/2013 8:45 PM, BAR wrote:
In article ,
says...

Apple announced two "new" iPhones this week, the 5s and the 5c.

The 5s has a 64-bit processor, an improved camera, and a security turn
on switch that reads your fingerprint. Not enough, probably, for most
owners of the *5* to upgrade. The other new phone is the 5c, which
basically is the current model 5 in a less expensive case.

The latest upgrade to the operating system, IOS 7, gets released to the
public next week. It has a slew of upgrades and improvements, some
major, some minor, and it is to be distributed for free. In fact, it
already is available widely as a "bootlegged" general release. I like
the new Control Center and a few more features. Some parts of it look a
lot different, and will take some getting used to...

Why did you feel the need to post this when you could have provide a
link to Apple press
release.

And my Samsung S3 still blows the wifes Iphone away.... It's a great
tool and it isn't restricted at all by the size of the internal storage...

I don't recall claiming the iPhones were better than any other good
smartphone. As for storage, I don't know...I've had a 16GB iPhone for
more than a year, and I still have more than 9GB of storage memory
"free" or unused. I don't store music or videos on my iPhone, since they
are all accessible via wifi or the "network" from my server, and I use
the "cloud" for text files I might want to retrieve. I do know
smartphone users, however, who keep 32GB or more of movies, games, and
audio files on their phones.

Diminish Apple iPhone On Bargain-priced johnhlu General 0 December 13th 11 01:39 AM
Apple Prepares to Crush Apple Store Unions Ombudsman General 3 November 10th 11 01:12 AM
To iphone or not to iphone Frogwatch[_2_] General 16 May 4th 10 09:58 PM
AIS iPhone App... Bob Cruising 2 November 16th 09 03:10 AM
New Unlock Nokia N96 16gb 300usd/Apple iphone 3g 16gb 300USD shop247 General 0 August 7th 08 02:29 PM