Default Speaking of polymer ...

On Sun, 24 Mar 2013 17:11:36 -0400, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

On 3/24/13 5:04 PM, J Herring wrote:

The trigger pull on the P250 is also pretty long, as it's double action only. The safety is a
trigger safety, but I don't see myself carrying the thing with a round in the chamber.

Ahh, an adaptation of the famous GLOCK trigger safety, which isn't a
safety at all. Pull the trigger, the gun goes BANG! A real safety
prevents the firearm from firing, even if the trigger is pulled.

Trigger safety.

Here's an article about "trigger safeties."

http://www.businessweek.com/stories/...-safety-issues

Guess I won't be buying a Glock! If you don't like trigger safeties, don't buy a gun with a trigger
safety. If you don't like babies, don't get pregnant.

Salmonbait

--
'Name-calling'...the liberals' last resort.

On 3/24/13 5:17 PM, J Herring wrote:
On Sun, 24 Mar 2013 17:11:36 -0400, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

On 3/24/13 5:04 PM, J Herring wrote:

The trigger pull on the P250 is also pretty long, as it's double action only. The safety is a
trigger safety, but I don't see myself carrying the thing with a round in the chamber.

Ahh, an adaptation of the famous GLOCK trigger safety, which isn't a
safety at all. Pull the trigger, the gun goes BANG! A real safety
prevents the firearm from firing, even if the trigger is pulled.

Trigger safety.

Here's an article about "trigger safeties."

http://www.businessweek.com/stories/...-safety-issues

Guess I won't be buying a Glock! If you don't like trigger safeties, don't buy a gun with a trigger
safety. If you don't like babies, don't get pregnant.

Salmonbait

--
'Name-calling'...the liberals' last resort.

*Your* P250 has a trigger safety and is subject to the same problems as
the Glock. A trigger safety is not a safety.

On 3/24/13 5:12 PM, J Herring wrote:

Speaking of my wife, she called a few minutes ago to see if I wanted speed loaders for the
revolvers. She's taking her firearms class now, and I gave her the M&P9 and a S&W Chief's Special
(.38 Special) to learn on. It's a five hour class for females taught by a female. Apparently she's
having a pretty good time. She'll probably come home with her own arsenal.

Oh well, at least I won't have to feed 'em and shovel poop!

Salmonbait

--
'Name-calling'...the liberals' last resort.

Sounds like the Shooting at the Herring Corral will be a good 'un.

On Sun, 24 Mar 2013 17:20:35 -0400, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

[...]

....and a late term abortion is not killing a baby.

ESAD, it must be great to know it all, huh?

Salmonbait

On 3/24/13 5:30 PM, J Herring wrote:
[...]

Obviously, in your case, ignorance is bliss.

You seem to have a fetish about abortions. Any in your family, any that
should have happened?

Default Howdy...

On 3/24/2013 4:53 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
On 3/24/13 4:51 PM, J Herring wrote:
On Sun, 24 Mar 2013 15:53:37 -0400, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

On 3/24/13 2:44 PM, J Herring wrote:

Does lightweight alloy mean polymer? This is off the Bander Mountain
site:

No, John, a lightweight or even a heavyweight alloy does *not* mean
polymer.

Wasn't chemistry part of your liberal arts education?

Good grief.

I didn't think so. Therefore the frame isn't polymer.

Thanks, ESAD, you're such a joy to have around. BTW, I've finished my
taxes, so am free to give you
some help.

Salmonbait

--
'Name-calling'...the liberals' last resort.

Mine were filed weeks ago, John the Racist, and I even got a small
refund via electronic deposit.

Which year, 1990?

On 3/24/2013 5:12 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
On 3/24/13 5:06 PM, J Herring wrote:
On Sun, 24 Mar 2013 16:58:01 -0400, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

On 3/24/13 4:51 PM, J Herring wrote:
On Sun, 24 Mar 2013 15:53:37 -0400, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

On 3/24/13 2:44 PM, J Herring wrote:

Does lightweight alloy mean polymer? This is off the Bander
Mountain site:

No, John, a lightweight or even a heavyweight alloy does *not* mean
polymer.

Wasn't chemistry part of your liberal arts education?

Good grief.

I didn't think so. Therefore the frame isn't polymer.

I never field stripped the gun model you bought, so I don't know in your
case, but it is possible for the frame to be polymer, with metal
inserts. Glocks have a polymer frame with metal inserts.

For a guy who spent so much time in the army, and, as an officer, you
sure don't know much about firearms.

No, it's not a polymer frame with metal inserts.

For a guy who knows everything about everything, you seem to have a
lot of trouble with social
skills.

Salmonbait

--
'Name-calling'...the liberals' last resort.

I treat each person I meet as *they* deserve. You're a racist ****head,
and I treat you accordingly.

Actually, you are a horrible judge of character, and that will probably
get your nose flattened someday. If not worse.

On Sun, 24 Mar 2013 17:21:25 -0400, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

On 3/24/13 5:12 PM, J Herring wrote:

Speaking of my wife, she called a few minutes ago to see if I wanted speed loaders for the
revolvers. She's taking her firearms class now, and I gave her the M&P9 and a S&W Chief's Special
(.38 Special) to learn on. It's a five hour class for females taught by a female. Apparently she's
having a pretty good time. She'll probably come home with her own arsenal.

Oh well, at least I won't have to feed 'em and shovel poop!

Salmonbait

--
'Name-calling'...the liberals' last resort.

Sounds like the Shooting at the Herring Corral will be a good 'un.

I know you're hopin', ESAD!

Here, this'll put you in a better mood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q65KZIqay4E

Salmonbait

On Sun, 24 Mar 2013 17:34:49 -0400, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

[...]

As a matter of fact, that would be a no. But, I'll bet you were hopin', right?

Have you ever noticed that all those pro-abortion folks were born?

Salmonbait

On 3/24/13 5:57 PM, J Herring wrote:
[...]

I'm not hoping, Herring. I'm just expecting it. You seem to have a
cavalier attitude towards firearms.

Oh, and since you seem to like syrupy patriotism:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcoI4jL3Hbg

Howdy Doug Bart ASA 0 November 8th 08 05:42 PM
Well this is a fine howdy do... Short Wave Sportfishing General 4 September 18th 07 07:11 AM
Today's Laugh from Howdy Dubya... Paul Schilter General 0 December 30th 04 08:57 PM
howdy NH~~_/\)~~ ASA 7 May 6th 04 03:00 PM
howdy Nora_h ASA 1 December 26th 03 09:02 PM