Tim Tim is offline

Default Howdy...

Just dropped in to say 'hi' and see what's going on. I see nothing
much has changed. like soap opera's you can quit watching them for 6
mo. and still pick back up on them and not miss a beat. The same drama
continues.

Wayne, those are beautiful pics of your Caribbean cruise. I enjoy
following your travels. Hope the 'ol "Fatboy" is holding in there, BTW
I have another 320 set aside for you 'just in case'. And ...something
else you might be interested in when you return to home port. Glad
you could find parts for your generator, especially way 'down there'

Cal Bill, nice boating post. That's awesome. Great travel log.

John, enjoy your Sig. 250. Those are a good gun.Polymer bodied guns
are a bit light for my taste, but that;s alright. But then again, I'm
used to shooting ,45 govt,'s and 44 and ,357 steel framed revolvers.
But my small frame Feg' Hungarian 9mm Mak. has an aluminum frame and
that's light enough for me. Still an accurate little weapon for what
it is, that is, when you finally get used to the snap of the recoil.

Anyhow, I'll still be checking in occasionally, but I'm not gonna live
in here like I used to.

Until another time. Later.

Tim

On Sun, 24 Mar 2013 09:57:52 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

[...]

Does lightweight alloy mean polymer? This is off the Bander Mountain site:

Sig Sauer P250 Subcompact Handgun

Key Features

Modular System w/ Interchangeable Size & Caliber

Double-Action-Only

Stainless Steel Slide w/ Black Nitron Finish

Lightweight Alloy Frame

Anyhow, I'll still be checking in occasionally, but I'm not gonna live
in here like I used to.

Until another time. Later.

Tim

Salmonbait

--
'Name-calling'...the liberals' last resort.

In article ,
says...

[...]

Holy ****!!! You don't know the difference between an alloy and a
polymer????? You shouldn't have a gun then, too stupid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alloy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polymer

On 3/24/13 2:44 PM, J Herring wrote:

Does lightweight alloy mean polymer? This is off the Bander Mountain site:

No, John, a lightweight or even a heavyweight alloy does *not* mean
polymer.

Wasn't chemistry part of your liberal arts education?

Good grief.

On 3/24/13 3:25 PM, iBoaterer wrote:
In article ,
says...

[...]

You saw that, too, eh?

Default Speaking of polymer ...

I had looked at a S&W BG 380 "Bodyguard" at my favorite gun shop a
couple of weeks ago. It's small - classified as a "pocket" pistol -
and has a polymer body. I had heard and read some good reviews but
at the time I decided that it was just *too* small for my hand.

But then I tried one at the range. A friend had purchased one as his
primary "carry" gun. I was really surprised at how comfortable it
was to shoot and, for a very lightweight pistol shooting 380 rounds,
the recoil was far less than what I expected.

So, I got one. It's ideal as a concealed carry if you are into that.
Really don't need a holster. Just stick it in your pants pocket and
after a while you forget it's even there. I like the fact that the
trigger is not exposed, so it can't catch on anything. The trigger
pull is long which takes some getting used to but again I see that as
an additional safety factor for a pistol you can carry in your pocket.
Has a safety and a built-in laser. I like it. My Walther feels
like a lead weight compared to it.

I was going to check out the Ruger LCP .380 as well but thanks to our
goofy and often conflicting governing agencies in this state, it is
not MA compliant.
I think they put the serial number in an offending place or something.

"Eisboch" wrote in message

I like the fact that the trigger is not exposed, so it can't catch on
anything.

Obviously meant the "hammer" .... not the trigger.

On 3/24/13 4:24 PM, Eisboch wrote:

"Eisboch" wrote in message

I like the fact that the trigger is not exposed, so it can't catch on
anything.

Obviously meant the "hammer" .... not the trigger.

Well, that pistol does have a safety.

On Sunday, March 24, 2013 4:53:37 PM UTC-3, F.O.A.D. wrote:
On 3/24/13 2:44 PM, J Herring wrote:

Does lightweight alloy mean polymer? This is off the Bander Mountain site:

No, John, a lightweight or even a heavyweight alloy does *not* mean

polymer.

Wasn't chemistry part of your liberal arts education?

Good grief.

SNERK!
This ranks up there with his 2 cycle oil fiasco.

Howdy Doug Bart ASA 0 November 8th 08 05:42 PM
Well this is a fine howdy do... Short Wave Sportfishing General 4 September 18th 07 07:11 AM
Today's Laugh from Howdy Dubya... Paul Schilter General 0 December 30th 04 08:57 PM
howdy NH~~_/\)~~ ASA 7 May 6th 04 03:00 PM
howdy Nora_h ASA 1 December 26th 03 09:02 PM