Eisboch[_8_] Eisboch[_8_] is offline

Default Speaking of polymer ...

I had looked at a S&W BG 380 "Bodyguard" at my favorite gun shop a
couple of weeks ago. It's small - classified as a "pocket" pistol -
and has a polymer body. I had heard and read some good reviews but
at the time I decided that it was just *too* small for my hand.

But then I tried one at the range. A friend had purchased one as his
primary "carry" gun. I was really surprised at how comfortable it
was to shoot and, for a very lightweight pistol shooting 380 rounds,
the recoil was far less than what I expected.

So, I got one. It's ideal as a concealed carry if you are into that.
Really don't need a holster. Just stick it in your pants pocket and
after a while you forget it's even there. I like the fact that the
trigger is not exposed, so it can't catch on anything. The trigger
pull is long which takes some getting used to but again I see that as
an additional safety factor for a pistol you can carry in your pocket.
Has a safety and a built-in laser. I like it. My Walther feels
like a lead weight compared to it.

I was going to check out the Ruger LCP .380 as well but thanks to our
goofy and often conflicting governing agencies in this state, it is
not MA compliant.
I think they put the serial number in an offending place or something.