Default Generator

On Monday, December 24, 2012 11:14:53 AM UTC-4, BAR wrote:
In article ,

says...

On Monday, December 24, 2012 9:21:26 AM UTC-4, BAR wrote:

In article ,

says...

On Sunday, December 23, 2012 7:01:51 PM UTC-4, Eisboch wrote:

"GuzzisRule" wrote in message

On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 10:32:14 -0500, JustWait

wrote:

On 12/23/2012 10:26 AM, GuzzisRule wrote:

I just ordered this thing, on sale for $279.99. Anyone ever used or

had one?

http://tinyurl.com/cz9eobb

This will be used primarily for camping trips and, if necessary,

emergencies.

Oooops, missed he "camping trips" part. Your camp neighbors are

gonna'

hate you for running a contractors genny at the campsite.. Just

sayin'..

At those kinds of campgrounds, electricity is available - wouldn't

need a generator. If camping in a

place where a generator is needed - like off the highway in Canada

somewhere - anyone else around

will be using their generator also.

-------------------------------

Nope. You are wrong. There are electricity-less campsites but they

are typically favored by people who want to truly connect with nature.

They go there to get away from noise, not to microwave hotdogs or run

a coffee maker.

Bingo!

A lot of people like to camp the old simple way ..maybe with a Coleman lantern and stove.

Here's my credit card, where is my room. I had enough camping in shelter

halves and all-weather sleeping bags.

Although my wife isn't interested in camping, I could, and have, slept in the back of a stationwagon. Funny...before I bought my last 2 new vehicles, I crawled in back to see if I could sleep in the cargo area if required.

With the back seats down it's a tight fit in the back of the RAV4...laying kitty corner.

You should have bought a man's vehicle like my F150 5.4L V8 SuperCrew.

One person can sleep in the front seat and another can sleep in the back

seat.

Duh!
Since the last time I actually did sleep out in the back of my Dodge Aspen stn Wagon was the day Princess Diana was killed, I would have wasted a lot of expensive gas since then.
I just like to have the capacity if required.

In article ,
says...

[...]

But a real truck is far more convenient than just to sleep in.

wrote:

[...]

At one race it was so cold Jess slept in the Jeep with the seats down.
We are pretty set up for decent tent camping but still, we are not
camping for fun, but out of necessity.

In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

Dodge Aspen? Why did you ever buy a Dodge Aspen?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Aspen

wrote:

[...]

Some of the most beautiful sights in the U.S. can really only be seen by
hiking in and camping. I'm sure glad that I don't miss those
opportunities.

My 4x4 will get me to enough beautiful remote places to satisfy me.

iBoaterer wrote:
In article ,
says...

On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 17:58:04 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

"GuzzisRule" wrote in message

On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 12:43:11 -0500, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 11:27:44 -0500, GuzzisRule
wrote:

Supposedly, this one is 'Super Quiet', with a 70 dB noise level. If
I use it at home, it would be
only for a few absolute necessities - with time management. I
primarily wanted something I could
throw in the pickup for camping trips where electricity isn't
available.

===

70 dB is not super quiet, not at all.

These are reasonably quiet at 53 to 59 dB depending on load level:

http://www.electricgeneratorsdirect.com/Honda-EU1000IKC-Portable-Generator/p6548.html

70dB is approximately 10 times louder than 59 dB.

Even the small Hondas get annoying after awhile but at 29 pounds are
easy to carry and load into a truck.

....and cost almost ten times as much! Hell, I'm ex-military, not
ex-hedge fund manager or writer
for a union rag.

John, the point is that if you are thinking of it for camping use
.... and plan to stay at public campgrounds ... they are most likely
not going to allow use of a generator like that. It's too noisy and
an annoyance to other campers. You might not mind, but others will
definitely complain. Heck, I remember back when we were into the RV
thing for a while. Campsites didn't like you running the generator
that came with the camper.

Apparently my camping use got overlooked. I wouldn't be using it at
campgrounds where electricity is
available, but where I'm either alone or with others on a generator. I've never, while in
campgrounds in the US, had a need for a generator.

Friends who've traveled with their trailers to Alaska had need of a generator, both while
boondocking alongside the road and in some of the Alaskan campgrounds.

Hell, I won't even play a radio outside in the campgrounds we frequent!

That's odd, I've camped all over the U.S. in all kinds of weather and
did so perfectly fine without a generator or electricity. But then
again, I actually camp, as opposed to just moving to a different
location with all of the amenities of my home. I don't need a microwave,
electric coffee maker, etc. to have a good experience.

I am old and like comfort. Have a truck camper, and boat remote lakes at
times. Would be nice to have emergency power and a way to charge up the
batteries, especially if the truck batts went down.

On Monday, December 24, 2012 12:48:24 PM UTC-4, BAR wrote:
In article ,

says...

[...]

Because I could.
At the time I also looked at the new Honda Accord but was still leery of Japanese cars. Guess I made a mistake there.

In article ,
says...

In article ,
says...

[...]

Commonly known as the Dodge Recall!!!

In article 1162069442378058030.655503bmckeenospam-
, says...

wrote:

[...]

I fully understand that some people would rather seek total comfort as
opposed to seeing things not everyone can see and getting some exercise
in the process. One of the best experiences of my life was hiking for a
month and a half on the AT.

In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

We had a Datsun 1200 Sedan. It lasted for about 13 years, over 300,000
miles and it had its oil change once or twice. It was tuned up once or
twice just keep filling it with gas and it would go forever.

New Generator Frogwatch[_2_] General 77 July 3rd 11 03:34 PM
Buying a generator Frogwatch[_2_] General 30 June 14th 11 05:57 PM
Generator Frank General 5 September 21st 04 04:18 PM
portable generator [email protected] Electronics 11 April 23rd 04 05:30 PM
WTB in FL Generator Frank Electronics 0 March 10th 04 11:01 PM